Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Avoid Being A Sandwich Parent - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Avoid Being A Sandwich Parent (375 Views)

Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? / I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Avoid Being A Sandwich Parent by Ademat7(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
I heard the term “sandwich parents” the other day and I thought it sounded rather uncomfortable. The prospect of supporting our parents and our returning young adults is a frightening one. Changing our parent’s view of money and life may probably prove too difficult, but there may still be time for our children.

How do we stop this trend of children returning to their parents’ home once they’ve graduated college and realized the degree they earned doesn’t have a paycheck attached to it? I believe that if we start early enough we can break the sequence. Are you up for it?

I was lucky enough to receive a financial schooling at an early age. It changed my future and how I thought about money. By the time I was 16, I had a far better foundation with money than both my parents.

My rich dad said, “Parents are the child’s most important teachers, but students learn more by watching than they do by listening. Children are wired to notice discrepancies between words and actions.” Children love to trap parents saying one thing and doing something else.

My rich dad used to say, “Your actions speak louder than your words”, “If you want to be a good parent, you need to walk your talk.”

Knowledge is more important than ever before because the world changes faster everyday. For the first time in history, those who do well in school may face the more economic challenges than those who did not do well.

Starting your teen’s financial training doesn’t require you to know everything about money. Probably the greatest gift you can give your children is to start taking financial action for yourself. Show your children a better way.

The Road to Success Starts with YouThank you for reading. As always, if you find value in these emails please share them with your friends. Knowledge is made to be shared and acted upon.

To making life better,

From Robert kiyosaki
Re: Avoid Being A Sandwich Parent by Vince77(m): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
Thumbs up

(1) (Reply)

Full Webdesign And Online Marketing Training / Chelsea pre-season / Chief Operation Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.