Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? (1841 Views)

Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? / How Can I Tell My Boss To Stop Spamming My Phone? / Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by Mcsammy4u(m): 11:59am On Jun 23, 2015
This question has been something i don't find easy to deal with, it seems simple but needs wisdom cos many things are involved.

After been trained in school by your parents for roughly 5years, you went for service and everybody know you earn a stipend of #19800 monthly that one dey, but after service you secured a job in a company and the news got to your parent and friends, sisters and brothers and also some well wishers, now the next question they ask you is How much are they paying you?

This question is usually common to everybody and i wish to know what is the best answer to render to the questionnaire. Lets take it this way if it is your parent, what should be your response? if it is your friend what should be your response? i know what you tell your parent should be same with what you tell your sisters and brother.

So what should be the response base on the person asking the question?
Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by sainty2k3(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Mcsammy4u:
This question has been something i don't find easy to deal with, it seems simple but needs wisdom cos many things are involved.

After been trained in school by your parents for roughly 5years, you went for service and everybody know you earn a stipend of #19800 monthly that one dey, but after service you secured a job in a company and the news got to your parent and friends, sisters and brothers and also some well wishers, now the next question they ask you is How much are they paying you?

This question is usually common to everybody and i wish to know what is the best answer to render to the questionnaire. Lets take it this way if it is your parent, what should be your response? if it is your friend what should be your response? i know what you tell your parent should be same with what you tell your sisters and brother.

So what should be the response base on the person asking the question?

No, You are not supposed to. Take care of them as Much as you can. That's what u owe them

2 Likes

Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by indiraserv: 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
Depends on their motive for asking
Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by angieberry(f): 12:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
Yeah, you can tell your parents the amount, and also you siblings. I think it depends on the kind of family you have. As for friends, it's not necessary for you to tell them exactly how much you earn. If you don't feel comfortable revealing this info to them and they ask you, just tell them you earn enough or something.
Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by 9niceguy(m): 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
That will be a very bad idea pls. It really put me into trouble when I was serving as NYSC
Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by Mcsammy4u(m): 12:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
sure that one is certain you have to take care of your parents but what if they ask you how much you receive monthly are you going to shun the topic which is not ok

sainty2k3:

No, You are not supposed to. Take care of them as Much as you can. That's what u owe them
Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by sainty2k3(m): 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
Mcsammy4u:
sure that one is certain you have to take care of your parents but what if they ask you how much you receive monthly are you going to shun the topic which is not ok

Why will they even ask, and if they do , u will find way around it or if u must answer tell them the amount you think they should know

1 Like

Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by Mcsammy4u(m): 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
they might not be asking to share but just to be sure its a good job

sainty2k3:

Why will they even ask, and if they do , u will find way around it or if u must answer tell them the amount you think they should know
Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by ayogabriel(m): 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
I agree it depends on their motive, but trust me the moment your parent or siblings know about what u earn, it changes lot of things, what they expect of u, in everything, they may even be helping u to plan on your life and enforce their own plans on yours. Tell them what they think they should know. One thing that African parents do is that, they help u to become who they want u to be, not what you want to be. As for me, hell no. Am not telling them.

3 Likes

Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by stepo707: 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
African parents pokenose a lot.It should not be their business but they ask anyway.Just use your wisdom in answering the question without offending them.When you no longer staying with them then you free

1 Like

Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by Ephemmm: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
stepo707:
African parents pokenose a lot.It should not be their business but they ask anyway.Just use your wisdom in answering the question without offending them.When you no longer staying with them then you free

Your parents pokenose, agreed. Please stop generalizing on African parents. What is the business of my parents with my salary for God's sake?

If I like, I give: if I don't give, it is not my parent's headache. Though not extremely God has blessed them beyond being broke. I can't even imagine my dad bringing himself so low to that extent: even if he does, he knows the kind of children he has.

tongue tongue tongue Na just to talk say - Daddy, the pay na jara oooo, even if it is 500k, and I trust him too, his response go be- "just be managing that one my son, greater heights still lie ahead"

1 Like

Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by Mcsammy4u(m): 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
lol, people dey o

Ephemmm:

Your parents pokenose, agreed. Please stop generalizing on African parents. What is the business of my parents with my salary for God's sake?
Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by Mcsammy4u(m): 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
Sure

stepo707:
Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by Mcsammy4u(m): 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
What can be the problem one will face when you let it out.
Re: I"m I Suppose To Tell My Parent My Real Salary? by Mcsammy4u(m): 8:01am On Jun 30, 2015
who needs cash? bonaza dey o just indicate to mtn

(1) (Reply)

Want To Be A Network Engineer ? / Banks talk / Should I Continue With ICAN Or Travel Abroad For My MASTER DEGREE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.