Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

How To Make Pics Uncopyable - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make Pics Uncopyable (8626 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Afam4eva(m): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2009
Pls does anyone know if it's possible to make a pics on my website uncopyable without the use of flash, just plain html or any scripting.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Neptune(m): 10:52am On Mar 05, 2009
one way is to disable righ clicking on your entire site. (depending on what the site is about, it might be an issue)

to do this add this script to the body of ur page

<!--
var message="";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false"wink
// -->
</script>

thats just one way. and of course people that know 'their ways' (like me grin) can still copy. anyways it works and it'll help.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by yawatide(f): 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2009
Yep, if you are really that jobless, you can always view source, search for text around the image, copy the path to the image, paste in the address bar and get the image OR, just disable javascript cool
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Cactus(m): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2009
You cant stop people from copying.

1. as previously said, view source
2. disabled javascript
3. print screen

Impossible to stop people from copying.

Even if you digitally signed the images, well if a person does a printscreen. Pretty much they have a copy. Then you can talk about watermarks.

Pictures can always be copied. You cant stop users

1 Like

Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by TechPros(m): 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2009
i was about posting this when cactus said it all
there is always a simple way around making pics uncopyalbe

like the solution above by just saving the page, i will get all the images.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Mustay(m): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2009
You could always take a screen shot! Technology always has a way around these things; sense pass sense!
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Neptune(m): 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2009
you'll be suprised to know how jobless alot of people are. (as you can see). well, on the otherhand, you could disable print screen, right clicking and save as. hmmmm, or just dont put the picture there.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by yawatide(f): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2009
Neptune, if it comes to that, I just turn to Firefox and do CTL+U (view source) or whatever the combo is in IE. What next? you are going to disable my keyboard keys? cool

Yep, some ppl, including myself are jobless tongue
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Cactus(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2009
If you code to disable print screen or other key combinations.

Well, I can remap my keyboard, so spending time coding is useless.

How about taking a picture with a digital camera of the screen and uploading it back to the computer.

anything is possible if you want to get the picture so dont waste your time. it is futile
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Neptune(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2009
meeeeeeeeenn! i give up. so this post is officially, useless? , impossible? yes impossible.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by yawatide(f): 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
you'll be suprised to know how jobless alot of people are.

he he. Neptune, e b like say na you start am? cool
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by nitation(m): 8:30pm On Mar 05, 2009
@Yawa

I am thinking of starting a recruitment agency in Lag. Hurry while offer last.

- nitation
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2009
I believe that is impossible, sorry sad
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Neptune(m): 11:48pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ yawa-ti-de
tru tru oh. lol. reading it allover again, sounds like i started it oh. lol
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Mustay(m): 1:16am On Mar 06, 2009
Just the way you have messages like "please urinate here. My herbalist needs it. ", the designer can always place a caveat for those doubting thomasses
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by webguru(m): 9:43am On Mar 06, 2009
funny posts @ all

u can make d pic the background of ur table cell or div

the person will save the image and when he opens it, he'll see blank wink
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Afam4eva(m): 10:26am On Mar 06, 2009
webguru:

funny posts @ all

u can make d pic the background of ur table cell or div

the person will save the image and when he opens it, he'll see blank wink

Yeah that's it
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Neptune(m): 11:14am On Mar 06, 2009
yeaah, that's it! cheesy but then u can still print screen . this is one hard puzzle to solve.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by dammytosh: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2009
Why is it so difficult for somebody to say that "it is not possible".
@FirstPoster

I have tried several means when working on on Arts Collection site like that and i always get a way around it not to talk of people out there wit mischievous mindset.

You can not make pics uncopyable on your website period.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Neptune(m): 12:11pm On Mar 06, 2009
emm, dammytosh.

meeeeeeeeenn! i give up. so this post is officially, useless? , impossible? yes impossible.

I believe that is impossible, sorry

infact 80% of the replies to this topic sudgests that.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by OmniPotens(m): 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2009
Why not force a water mark on surface of the picture so that when copied, it will still remain as part of the picture. I think this should make it difficult for them to have the exact picture they require from your website or picture gallery.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by nitation(m): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2009
People have ways of bypassing watermarks. Like in photoshop, you can use the clone tool. There are sophisticated tools out there that can be used.

my 2 cent

- nitation
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Cactus(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2009
It is so funny that people are suggesting placing the image as a background. If you can read css files, you can download the image. If you know how to use "View Background Image" you can download.

IMPOSSIBLE TO PREVENT COPYING. IF YOU LIKE SPEND HOURS TRYING TO DO IT. YOU WILL SIMPLY WASTE YOUR TIME.

I did something previously for a nigerian music site. They had a flash player. and I really wanted download as many songs as possible.

Luckily I could read through the embed code and tweak somethings and i was able to get a link to one song then I tried a couple and I realized pretty much they were numbered from 1 - whatever. So I can just take a link and attach a number then I can download the song. simple

Protecting images is futile. You can digitally sign them to know you are the owner but they can still be stripped that is if the person wants them stripped.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2009
@poster: i think you should first learn how to turn off print screen and also view source first. . .and also digital cameras. . .
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by yogagates: 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2010
yes there are plenty of way to make your picture uncopayble --- one is by running a java applet that shows your picture on your webpage - no one can extract of copy an applet. However some techcie might find  the way around by using the print screen key for screen capture then edit. This too can be avoided, but novice wont know all that so not to worry otherwise you are plpanning to secure your image entirely.

*Y*
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by dhtmlextreme(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2010
block out printscreen from working? even if you remove the button from my laptop, there are still many ways of going around that.
Please show me a website where they block out copying of the picture, and we will see about that. If you like, copy the picture to
flash. In this world of session hacking, curl and others, it is very very difficult
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 07, 2010
@dhtml i have seen sites like that.

There was one site like that which allows for purchase of images, as in graphical pictures and clip arts, you will be able to view them , but if you right click and try the save image as or copy image thing, it will tell you to purchase!!!
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by dhtmlextreme(m): 10:56am On Feb 07, 2010
Facebook for instance, if i need to copy images, all i need to do is just to disable the javascript on my browser. Now some sites go through
the length of embedding them into flash. I will not explain how to thief those ones (when i just started out this web trading, stealing images
was my speciality - logos or whatever). If you go to firefox extensions, you will stuffs like firecapture. . .not to talk of softwares as in external softwares that do not even rely on printscreen. Never say never, but protecting pictures from being copied is a very tricky business. At worst,
i will just take a very good digital camera and snap the stuff.
Meanwhile, you can provide us with samples of such sites and let us see as it goes. However, what many professional sites do is that, they
will show you low quality of draw some rubbish into it, then when you pay, you download the full copy.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by yogagates: 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
Why was my earlier post deleted? --- I’ve commented crystal clear on how to avoid
Image Plagiarism – it was just one of the many techniques. However, I was not given any reason for my commentaries to be removed. If I do not receive any further notification on the incident -- I will unsubscribe from this amateur forum and never to visit or share my knowledge here again.
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by dhtmlextreme(m): 2:32am On Feb 08, 2010
lt may be the nairaland spam bot at work again - it is always doing magic, and making life miserable atimes
Re: How To Make Pics Uncopyable by OmniPotens(m): 5:50am On Feb 10, 2010
@yoga The spam bot thing actually marked it as spam. I'll connect Seun to do something about it. Sorry about that and please, our forum is not amateur else we won't be here sharing knowledge and all those.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GraphicsPlus Sells Video Tutorials He Got For Free / Why Do People "Buy" Google Adsense Accounts? / Simple Steps To Get Backlinks From .gov And .edu Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.