Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant (25675 Views)

7 Advantages Of Being Self-employed / 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant / 5 Solid Advantages Of Marrying A Nurse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by maureensylvia(f): 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
Marrying an accountant is great because …

1. They are detail oriented
Now this may not be on the top of your list of must-have qualities for your ideal partner, but you
will soon start to see it pay off. Whether it’s remembering your birthday or when to test the smoke
detectors, dating a detail-oriented person definitely has its advantages.

2. They clean up well
Maybe it’s not all that important, but you have to admit it’s nice being seen in public with a snazzy
dresser. They have very good taste in clothing.

3. They’re reliable
There’s nothing worse than marrying someone who is constantly letting you down. You won’t have
that problem when you marry an accountant, being reliable is in more
than just their job description; it’s in their DNA.

4. They’re wise investors
Remember, it’s an accountant’s job to detect liabilities and calculate risk, so they know a wise
investment when they see one. You should feel valuable knowing that an accountant chose you as
a partner because they’ve likely weighed the risk and still found you well worth it.

5. They’ll help you become more financially responsible
Having a money-conscious mind always around you suddenly makes it harder to spend frivolously
or make rash financial decisions. You’ll probably discover that it’s not just guilt holding you back
from splurging. There’s a good chance that some smart spending habits that have rubbed off on
you.

6. They’re in it for the long-haul

Accountants are no strangers to working long hours. They’re used to putting in extra time and
forgoing sleep when a deadline must be met, most accountants refuse
to throw in the towel; when they make a decision, they’re committed to it. She attributes her long,
healthy marriage partially to the dedication she’s acquired from being an accountant.

7. They’re overly organized
Accountants work with many moving pieces to ensure financially flawless documents. They never
let things fall through the cracks, especially those things that others may put off or even forget.
“There is no doubt you can count on us to be organized,” whether it’s paying bills,
meeting deadlines or searching to find the best price available before a purchase, accountants are
organized individuals.

8. They come in handy during tax season
Most people would rather pull their own teeth out than attempt to do their own taxes. Only slightly
less agonizing is footing the bill for someone else to do them for you. those
who marry an accountant can bypass both of these situations because their significant other
can take care of the dirty work.

AM PROUD TO BE AN ACCOUNTANT...

cc: crazyman, 1forall, lalasticlala

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by demmy0325(m): 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Beesluv: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
They balance all situations

11 Likes

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Onozboy(m): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
grin
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by ChelseaDr(m): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
ok
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by iphanyiuma(m): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
I hate accountants I school but I also sell phones to get some change, one annoying lady that claims to be an accountant wanted to get a BlackBerry bold2 we bargained from 12k to 5k undecided at all at all na winch name oya give me t-fare lemme go and get it odinary 1k she said I should wait till I have another buyer then when he gives me t-fare I will use it to cover for the two of em......na that one you want make I marry..

TUFIAKWA!! undecided

22 Likes

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by benedictjohn(m): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
WAITING FOR THESE POST *10 REASONS Y YOU SHOULD MARRY A HERBALIST...

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Holaboi(m): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hmm.
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
I am in the mood to thrash someone's post. Sorry Maureen but some of your points ain't 100% true. Oya make I begin dey pick holes in them one by one .
maureensylvia:
Whether it’s remembering your birthday or when to test the smoke
an accountant myself, I can categorically tell you this is not always true, in fact it is most times not true. Although accountancy as a job requires us to be really detail oriented, we still forget the easiest of things too.... Just like everyone else. My colleagues forget birthdays like crazy, I once used the toilet and forgot my boxer in it . grin
2. They clean up well
Maybe it’s not all that important, but you have to admit it’s nice being seen in public with a snazzy
Another lie. Accounting as no correlation whatsoever with fashion sense, it is more about the person and not the profession.
3. They’re reliable
There’s nothing worse than marrying someone who is constantly letting you down. You won’t have
True. Accounting is all about stewardship, reliability and accountability. Most accountants I know live what they practice.

Friedplantain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by JackOfAllTrades: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
Good
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
Interesting.......na politicians and prostitute go next.....with all these reasons to marry career women.
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Glamour09(f): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by kliq(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
They are stingy grin

9 Likes

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by hahn(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Hdh

How Demons Hunt
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Drsheddy(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
Must I marry an Accountant?
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
maureensylvia:

Now this may not be on the top of your list of must-have qualities for your ideal partner, but you
will soon start to see it pay off. Whether it’s remembering your birthday or when to test the smoke

2. They clean up well

3. They’re reliable

Remember, it’s an accountant’s job to detect liabilities and calculate risk, so they know a wise
investment when they see one. You should feel valuable knowing that an accountant chose you as
a partner because they’ve likely weighed the risk and still found you well worth it.

Having a money-conscious mind always around you suddenly makes it harder to spend frivolously
or make rash financial decisions. You’ll probably discover that it’s not just guilt holding you back
from splurging. There’s a good chance that some smart spending habits that have rubbed off on
you.

Accountants are no strangers to working long hours. They’re used to putting in extra time and
to throw in the towel; when they make a decision, they’re committed to it. She attributes her long,
healthy marriage partially to the dedication she’s acquired from being an accountant.

Accountants work with many moving pieces to ensure financially flawless documents. They never
let things fall through the cracks, especially those things that others may put off or even forget.
“There is no doubt you can count on us to be organized,” whether it’s paying bills,
meeting deadlines or searching to find the best price available before a purchase, accountants are
organized individuals.

Most people would rather pull their own teeth out than attempt to do their own taxes. Only slightly
who marry an accountant can bypass both of these situations because their significant other

hummm
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by tinuolababy(f): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
Lobatan. Where r d accountants here?
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by DTOBS(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
Wetin concern me...

sipping zobo, zipping zip....

about to enter.....
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by raziboi(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
good for u!!!!
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by sheddo619(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Hdh
ahh bros even u.Nairaland and counter thread,before it was 8 advantages of dating a nurse now it's an accountant,would be expecting to c d one for engineers
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by spicytayomic(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
grin
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by icekoko(f): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
Mtcheeeeew* They are very Stingy. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by makzeze: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
For those who have had a thorough training and can grasp essential points without losing the capacity for accurate and detailed work, Accountancy can offer a most rewarding and interesting career.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Dyt(f): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
Na wa
I have seen that of accountant
That of nurse

Oya make una put for marketer/customer care
grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
ki ni kawi? hmmmm nnkan nbe!
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Starships4u(m): 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Okay nah
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Osyxcel(m): 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Story for the gods...
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Adesiji77: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
Accountants are usually thrifty, making them good money managers.

From my experience, I think nos 1, 4 & 5 are true for the most part.
Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by humble007(m): 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
maureensylvia:

2. They clean up well

3. They’re reliable

you.

organized individuals.

will you marry me?

1 Like

Re: 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant by maafen: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
OP Is this your "partner-seeking-CV"?
If these are your qualities then PM me your phone number
But I know accountants who are far from what you 've described above

They’re in it for the long-haul

When I need you in at home and you are off looking for 50k to balance an account how is that an advantage?

Who cares about paying tax in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

16 Genuine Ways To Make Money As A Nigerian Student / Kenya Brown's Cheese: Female Workers Made To Strip Over Used Sanitary Pad / When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.