Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (703424 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by abumeinben(m): 8:34am On Nov 24, 2019
Ok guys this is it.

I changed my upgraded my battery from 150ah to 300ah on 850VA 12 Luminous inverter. Working greatly well for almost a month and then I noticed the battery wouldn't last as long as it used to. In fact, powering it wouldn't last 5sec anymore. I don't really think it's the battery, I suspect the inverter itself. Nigga relay trips occasionally for no reason. I may be wrong but help is needed here.

Footnotes:

1. I have generators with passion.
2. Inverter is 3 years old.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2019
abumeinben:
Ok guys this is it.

I changed my upgraded my battery from 150ah to 300ah on 850VA 12 Luminous inverter. Working greatly well for almost a month and then I noticed the battery wouldn't last as long as it used to. In fact, powering it wouldn't last 5sec anymore. I don't really think it's the battery, I suspect the inverter itself. Nigga relay trips occasionally for no reason. I may be wrong but help is needed here.

Footnotes:

Confirm if the inverter charger is still charging, the charge current may be too low for the upgrade, then if u can, get an external battery charger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:34am On Nov 24, 2019
abumeinben:
Ok guys this is it.

I changed my upgraded my battery from 150ah to 300ah on 850VA 12 Luminous inverter . Working greatly well for almost a month and then I noticed the battery wouldn't last as long as it used to. In fact, powering it wouldn't last 5sec anymore. I don't really think it's the battery, I suspect the inverter itself. Nigga relay trips occasionally for no reason. I may be wrong but help is needed here.
I

Footnotes:

the inverter inbuilt charger (10/20amp) cannot charge 300ah batteries effectively...solution, get an external 30amps battery charger

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2019
Those that have solar inverters can now enjoy their solar the sun dey over hot these days, na now my solar panel dey work

5 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2019
Abi oh. My ba3 fills up Everyday now since Tuesday.
ceejay80s:
Those that have solar inverters can now enjoy their solar the sun dey over hot these days, na now my solar panel dey work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by abumeinben(m): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2019
Valto:
the inverter inbuilt charger (10/20amp) cannot charge 300ah batteries effectively...solution, get an external 30amps battery charger

Like a charge controller?

cc: saint2ace
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2019
abumeinben:

Like a charge controller?

cc: saint2ace

An external battery charger via NEPA, u can get something for as low as 13k
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by abumeinben(m): 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2019
saint2ace:

An external battery charger via NEPA, u can get something for as low as 13k

Ok...I'm just baffled by the way it stopped charging the battery.

But would test this by disconnecting one battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2019
abumeinben:

Ok...I'm just baffled by the way it stopped charging the battery.

It didn't stop charging, the charging capacity cannot accommodate the new battery bank. How u go use keke tow trailer? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by abumeinben(m): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2019
saint2ace:

It didn't stop charging, the charging capacity cannot accommodate the new battery bank. How u go use keke tow trailer? shocked shocked shocked

Lol grin

I'll disconnect one of the batteries to confirm the inverter is still normal sha

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Ortree: 10:07am On Nov 25, 2019
Secretive energy startup backed by Bill Gates achieves solar breakthrough

New York(CNN Business)
A secretive startup backed by Bill Gates has achieved a solar breakthrough aimed at saving the planet.

Heliogen, a clean energy company that emerged from stealth mode on Tuesday, said it has discovered a way to use artificial intelligence and a field of mirrors to reflect so much sunlight that it generates extreme heat above 1,000 degrees Celsius.

Essentially, Heliogen created a solar oven — one capable of reaching temperatures that are roughly a quarter of what you'd find on the surface of the sun.

The breakthrough means that, for the first time, concentrated solar energy can be used to create the extreme heat required to make cement, steel, glass and other industrial processes. In other words, carbon-free sunlight can replace fossil fuels in a heavy carbon-emitting corner of the economy that has been untouched by the clean energy revolution.

"We are rolling out technology that can beat the price of fossil fuels and also not make the CO2 emissions," Bill Gross, Heliogen's founder and CEO, told CNN Business. "And that's really the holy grail".
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/11/19/business/heliogen-solar-energy-bill-gates/index.html?espv=1

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2019
Yemmyteespeed007:
Does this type of charge controller work with lithium ion battery?

Mr pointstores
works with 3s
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
Good evening oga ceejay80s.
Please how was your experience with the Fullriver battery? Did it last long? Would you recommend the brand?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by abumeinben(m): 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2019
saint2ace:

I removed a battery and the problem still persists.

It shows full charge in less than a minute and discharges in 3 secs sad
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2019
eleojo23:
Good evening oga ceejay80s.
Please how was your experience with the Fullriver battery? Did it last long? Would you recommend the brand?
Yes....but be sure who u are buying from, if u are buying used one , pls test very well, not all used ones are good but if u are buying a brand new, u don't have any problem
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by eleojo23: 7:51am On Nov 26, 2019
ceejay80s:

Yes....but be sure who u are buying from, if u are buying used one , pls test very well, not all used ones are good but if u are buying a brand new, u don't have any problem

Ok. Than you
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 10:15am On Nov 26, 2019
abumeinben:

I removed a battery and the problem still persists.

It shows full charge in less than a minute and discharges in 3 secs sad

That means one of the batteries is bad, there's a dead cell in one of the chambers. so remove that particular battery and run just one single battery and see what the result is and get back to us

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by abumeinben(m): 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
saint2ace:

That means one of the batteries is bad, there's a dead cell in one of the chambers. so remove that particular battery and run just one single battery and see what the result is and get back to us

Same thing. Not charging at all. Batteries run independently
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 5:35am On Nov 27, 2019
abumeinben:

Same thing. Not charging at all. Batteries run independently
Try to get a multimeter, hook it up to the batteries when charging via inverter, that should tell you if the inverter is supplying power to it or not
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by abumeinben(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2019
Penuelseun:
Try to get a multimeter, hook it up to the batteries when charging via inverter, that should tell you if the inverter is supplying power to it or not

Battery voltage is about 14V on one and 12.6 or so on the other.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by luvablesam(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2019
I noticed that i connected my lifepo4 battery to the inverter today and it will switch on for a second or two n then go off. I tested the inverter with a car battery later and it worked well.

Please guys,what could be wrong?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for ur patronage hope u enjoying ur Nigeria made solar generators Xmas gift coming soon my customers visit www.solarvisionnija.com.ng for new purchase
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 6:49am On Nov 29, 2019
THE BLACK FRIDAY D-DAY IS HERE! DONT MISS THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!!!

JUST 1 DAY FLASH SALES >> ITS A BLACK FRIDAY SALES !!

1) Ultron made in Korea 200a battery ... 100,000

2) Aspert 1.2kva inverter ... 50,000

3) Schneider 1.5kva inverter .. 60,000

4) USA Trojan 225a flooded battery ... 140,000

5) USA Trojan 205a AGM battery ... 150,000

6) TBB 4000w inverter ...155,000

7) Schneider sw 4048 inverter ...450,000

8 ) Monbat 200a battery ... 116,000

cool Schneider sw 8548 inverter ...999,000

DON'T MISS THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!

NOTE: If seriously interested in Black Friday sales opportunity for unit purchase of Trojan, Ultron , Monbat, axpert Ms,Schneider & tbb inverters.. feel free to contact me!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 8:59am On Nov 29, 2019
luvablesam:
I noticed that i connected my lifepo4 battery to the inverter today and it will switch on for a second or two n then go off. I tested the inverter with a car battery later and it worked well.

Please guys,what could be wrong?
if you have voltmeter, check the voltage.
The voltage might have fallen.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by abumeinben(m): 11:12am On Nov 29, 2019
Penuelseun:

Ok boss..
The battery voltage is between 11-12v
The charging voltage from inverter to battery is 7V
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2019
abumeinben:

Ok boss..
The battery voltage is between 11-12v
The charging voltage from inverter to battery is 7V
there u have it. your inverter charger is faulty. buy a separate 30amps charger.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by abumeinben(m): 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2019
Valto:
there u have it. your inverter charger is faulty. buy a separate 30amps charger.

Did another test. The battery volt drop to zero on load.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2019
abumeinben:

because your battery is not properly charged, buy a 12V 30amps charger, charge fully then test again
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
abumeinben:

Buy an external charger as valto said
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2019
PROMO/FLASH SALES! ALL BRAND NEW WITH WARRANTY!!

1) Axpert 1.2kva 12v pure sinewave lcd inverter ..50000

2) Schneider 1.5kva 24v Solar/hybrid pure sinewave inverter ... 71,000

3) Axpert 3kva 24v solar/hybrid pure sinewave lcd wall mount inverter with inbuilt 80a total charge current .... 110,000

YOU CAN PICK UP IF BASED IN LAGOS OR SIMPLY PLACE YOUR ORDER FOR WAYBILL NOW!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2019
Key features fast chargeing 3hours on phcn or generator
Fast Qualcomm chargeing on phone 30minute full
Works more than 20hours after full charge on fan
Works 8hours after full charge on laptop
We build customized rechargeable fan and solar rechargeable that work more than 20hours it blows very powerfully dureing these heat peroid these is what u need with ur family come with fast chargeing technology it comes with strong powerbank that can power laptop and 32inches led TV for 10hours it can also power 6 light point in the house
We also offer other service such has solar installation inverter battery maintenance and discount we give 15month warranty on all installation

Call 08166117634

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (357) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.