Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Its Honda Element A Better Choice? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Its Honda Element A Better Choice? (3365 Views)

Any Major Issues With Honda Element? / Make Una Come Help Me Oooooo!!! Honda Element Or Kia Soul? / Its A Murano A Good Choice Than Honda Element? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by somez(m): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
Greetings all. qlease, am about buying a Honda element as iv always loved it but recently, a friend advised me to go for Toyota rav 4. Do you think its a better choice? I know Honda cars have issues with bearing going out but does that also affect Honda element? Thanks.
Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by Sploleetho: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
In my opinion I would say it depends on wat u need either cars for. If u tend to haul stuff around a lot, go for the element as its very roomy and has lots of cargo space. It's also a 4 cylinder engine, has 4wd too. The RAV4 is more of a one direction car Dan d element, tho I'd personally say it's more reliable than the element.

1 Like

Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by Hero10001: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
Element is like a two door suv. Rav4 rocks.

1 Like

Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
pls stick with the rav 4 because the Honda element has been discontinued and the parts might be difficult to come by.

3 Likes

Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by somez(m): 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
Alright, thanks a whole lot. Really love d element sha, but will consider rav. It just bit expensive now
Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by diportivo: 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
op,buy wat u love

wen i wanted to get a mercury villager years ago,i got discouraged by a lot of people

and wat most of dem said was 'toyota sienna is better'

now uv been told by ur friend dat rav4 is better

no toyota no car right?

follow ur heart bro....

5 Likes

Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by nurey(m): 5:55am On Jul 07, 2015
I will pick the element to the rav 4 anyday anytime my reasons are

1. the element has more room than the rav 4

2. the element is a Honda CR-V in another clam shell

3. the element is known as a beautiless, souless car in naija (naija mentality) hence will be less of a robbers magnet than the rav4

4. the element is cheaper than the rav 4 and will perform all the rav 4 can do the difference between maintenance of both cars will be negligible.

A discontinued product does not mean parts will be expensive. since the op isn't using his car as a crane or crushing machine, he shouldn't worry about part availability because element shares parts with the following cars of same year
1. Honda crv
2. honda civic
3. Acura RSX

10 Likes

Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by somez(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2015
Thank you all for the insites. The new car that came on the list now is murano and am so surprised its going for about 600k!! From a desperate seller tho. My fear is its maintenance and cost of spare qarts. Am being very careful cos this actually my first car ....lol and dont want to buy a liability. Is murano better too? Thank u so much.
Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by nurey(m): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2015
somez:
Thank you all for the insites. The new car that came on the list now is murano and am so surprised its going for about 600k!! From a desperate seller tho. My fear is its maintenance and cost of spare qarts. Am being very careful cos this actually my first car ....lol and dont want to buy a liability. Is murano better too? Thank u so much.

if you like yourself and your family, you WILL STAY CLEAR of MURANO for now.

9 Likes

Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by somez(m): 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Lol... Ok, murano out. Going for element. You guys are all wonderful.
Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by lonelydora: 4:57am On Jul 10, 2015
somez:
Thank you all for the insites. The new car that came on the list now is murano and am so surprised its going for about 600k!! From a desperate seller tho. My fear is its maintenance and cost of spare qarts. Am being very careful cos this actually my first car ....lol and dont want to buy a liability. Is murano better too? Thank u so much

First car...Murano? ***sign of the cross***

1 Like

Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by somez(m): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hahahah...... No more murano o
Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by WAJW: 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
If you love murano go for it. The problem lies in the type of oil used when servicing. So you need to download the manual to know more about it.
Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by Acelifted: 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
great thread. A lot has been learnt. kinda raised my hope in Honda element. My wife actually suggested it. she actually hauls things around. not heavy stuff. just little consumables she supplies to stores.

Though an old thread, still very relevant.

Thanks guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by ugreat(m): 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
Acelifted:
great thread. A lot has been learnt. kinda raised my hope in Honda element. My wife actually suggested it. she actually hauls things around. not heavy stuff. just little consumables she supplies to stores.

Though an old thread, still very relevant.

Thanks guys.
Have you bought the car or about to?

1 Like

Re: Its Honda Element A Better Choice? by Acelifted: 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
ugreat:
Have you bought the car or about to?
About to.

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Having A Wonderful Driving Experience / Drama @ Kazeems / 20 Cars To Avoid Like The Plague!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.