Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Greek Exit And How It Will Affect Us - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Greek Exit And How It Will Affect Us (702 Views)

Why Nigerians Haven’t Felt Impact Of Exit From Recession – NBS Boss / The Exit Of Shipping Firms From Nigeria / Five Ways Nigeria’s Currency Flotation Will Affect Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greek Exit And How It Will Affect Us by deflover(m): 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
The last global melt down of 2008 was a hard one for me.I lost virtually all i had and i had to come back from the UK with as low as forty pounds in my pocket...the then govt through the DG of the Nigerian Stock exchange Ndi Okereke promised us all that all our investments were safe.
I remeber loosing big in stocks too not to talk of the ever volatile forex markets....

I have watched nigerians and noticed that no one is talking about this impending doom and what it means to us and how it may keep the naira crashing hard as the dollar will become more bullish or harder for the naira to keep up..

Today the greeks are voting to either stay or get out of the eurozone..

we have a government that has not taken off in terms of governance not to talk of shielding the market from this impending crash....as at last week we had most stock markets closing in the red and the dollar getting stronger...What will happen to our stock market and the purchasing power of the naira..

i am begining to see a repeat of the 2008 playing out but i guess PMB careless angry angry angry angry

for those looking for a news of the Greek votes please see http://news.forexlive.com/!/greek-referendum-no-vote-in-clear-lead-after-first-8-of-votes-are-counted-20150705
Re: Greek Exit And How It Will Affect Us by playboy99(m): 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
I dnt ondastnd ur story n greece #ACE
Re: Greek Exit And How It Will Affect Us by JAZES(m): 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
deflover:
The last global melt down of 2008 was a hard one for me.I lost virtually all i had and i had to come back from the UK with as low as forty pounds in my pocket...the then govt through the DG of the Nigerian Stock exchange Ndi Okereke promised us all that all our investments were safe.
I remeber loosing big in stocks too not to talk of the ever volatile forex markets....

I have watched nigerians and noticed that no one is talking about this impending doom and what it means to us and how it may keep the naira crashing hard as the dollar will become more bullish or harder for the naira to keep up..

Today the greeks are voting to either stay or get out of the eurozone..

we have a government that has not taken off in terms of governance not to talk of shielding the market from this impending crash....as at last week we had most stock markets closing in the red and the dollar getting stronger...What will happen to our stock market and the purchasing power of the naira..

i am begining to see a repeat of the 2008 playing out but i guess PMB careless angry angry angry angry

for those looking for a news of the Greek votes please see http://news.forexlive.com/!/greek-referendum-no-vote-in-clear-lead-after-first-8-of-votes-are-counted-20150705

Greece leaving d euro zone won't have any effect on d Naira because Greece is not a huge partner with Nigeria when it comes to trade, yes they have some investment here but not as huge as some other Europeans and more so Greece is not huge force to be reckon with in the Euro zone.
It can never bad as the 2008 recession that started from d US so relax your mind my brother.
Re: Greek Exit And How It Will Affect Us by deflover(m): 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
playboy99:
I dnt ondastnd ur story n greece #ACE

what i am saying is there is an impending doom for all economies in the world.....what are we as nigerians doing about it.....we are not talking till the shit will hit the fan...i forget God will do it for us..... lets go and pray right.....the naira will crash hard once this happens
Re: Greek Exit And How It Will Affect Us by deflover(m): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
JAZES:

Greece leaving d euro zone won't have any effect on d Naira because Greece is not a huge partner with Nigeria when it comes to trade, yes they have some investment here but not as huge as some other Europeans and more so Greece is not huge force to be reckon with in the Euro zone.
It can never bad as the 2008 recession that started from d US so relax your mind my brother.

read again and understand me....its not about greece or their investments in nigeria but a high demand on the dollar which will happen world wide which the naira and other currencies will be battling to keep up with....so it will affect the naira ok ...dont play that card with me sir
Re: Greek Exit And How It Will Affect Us by JAZES(m): 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
deflover:

read again and understand me....its not about greece or their investments in nigeria but a high demand on the dollar which will happen world wide which the naira and other currencies will be battling to keep up with....so it will affect the naira ok ...dont play that card with me sir

Bros, Pls don't complicate things for yourself, dollar against the euro will be strengthened but not over board like all over the world. Even the prime minister of Britain told Britons not to panic that it won't have much effect on d pounds.
Like I said and will repeat again, Greece leaving d euro zone can't be compared with what d 2007/2008 recession that started in d US

(1) (Reply)

Iron Your Clothes With The Smallest Generator You Can Think Of / Invest As Distributor Of Hi-scent Natural Aroma Air Freshener / Have 550k..need A Business Partner That We Can Partner Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.