Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Toddler:4 Reception Classes Before Basic/pry One? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Toddler:4 Reception Classes Before Basic/pry One? (1652 Views)

Secondary School Where Students Sit On The Floor For Classes In Lagos (Photos) / BREAKING: Resumption Date For Pry, Sec Schools Changed / All Nigerian Schools (pry-univ) Rated. See How Your Current/former School Ranks! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toddler:4 Reception Classes Before Basic/pry One? by TopeMel(f): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dearies,

At what age can a toddler start school and what numbers and letters must they know how to write at age 2 and half years? Most schools around me have about 4 classes before basic one and they seem to be going at a snail's pace.
Re: Toddler:4 Reception Classes Before Basic/pry One? by NL1960: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
TopeMel:
Dearies,

At what age can a toddler start school and what numbers and letters must they know how to write at age 2 and half years? Most schools around me have about 4 classes before basic one and they seem to be going at a snail's pace.

Those 4 classes is for you to pay more and parents especially women do not want their children to grow up. They want to start boasting to their neigbours that their child is already schooling at the age of 12 months even though such a child is finding it difficult to say daddy and mummy.

When i decided to leave my son at home till he was 3 years before he starts school, my wife was mad because his juniors have all started school but i maintained my stand. He started from Nursery one at 3 years because he was born in September. The school did not want to admit him into Nursery 1 but into reception 1 saying that he cannot draw nor write and i told them that the required age for Nursery 1 is 3 years and if they are not admitting him into Nursery 1, i was going to take him elsewhere and that was it and he was admitted into Nursery 1 at 3 years old. He is going to enter JSS 1 by September this year whereas those that started before him are still in Primary school. He passed the Entrance of the 4 competitive schools he took.

In Summary, iam a great advocate of allowing a child's brain to develop before being pushed to school.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Society Of Criminology / Facts About IBB University Lapai Niger State / Which Nigerian University Is Offering "Petrochemical Engineering" As A Course?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.