Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria (29027 Views)

10 Most Popular Areas In Lagos And The Origin Of Their Names / 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria / Owu Waterfalls – Kwara State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
1, Erin Ijesha Waterfalls

Erin Ijesha (Olumirin) is a seven step waterfall in Osun State, Nigeria, the waterfalls is a whole new exciting and awe inspiring experience with nature. Each step of the waterfall has a flowing fountain that marks the mystical nature of the place.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by darnley16(m): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Pixs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by anuma1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
Correct
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
2, Ikogosi Warm Springs

The Ikogosi Warm Springs is a tourist attraction located at Ikogosi, a town in Ekiti State, southwestern Nigeria.Flowing abreast the warm spring is another cold spring which meets the warm spring at a confluence, each maintaining its thermal properties. This attributes makes the springs a tourist attraction in Nigeria.Research suggested that the warm spring has a temperature of about 70oC at the source and 37oC at the confluence.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
3. Owu Falls

Owu falls is the highest and most spectacular natural water fall in West Africa, and is located in Ifelodun Local government area of Kwara State. The water fall stand as one of the symbol of nature which it existence is untraceable, but can only be appreciated and promoted by exploring. The water fall is 120m above water level and cascades 330 feet down an escarpment with rocky out crops to a pool of ice cold water below. The water falls is surrounded with a beautiful natural ambience and hills which makes sightseeing a memorable experience. The waterfall is characterized with fall of ice cold water, beautiful rocky part and walk ways, and evergreen surrounding.

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
4. Wikki Springs

The Wikki Warm Springs is one of the best features of Yankari game reserves. It is crystal-clear, disease free and naturally warm. For many individuals, the Wikki Springs with white sand resting at the bottom, is the main reason for visiting the Yankari. Flood-lit at night, it’s wonderful after a hot day’s game-viewing to relax in the warm water

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2015
5. Assop water falls

Assop Falls is perhaps, one of the most popular tourist attractions on Jos Plateau, north-central Nigeria. The falls is noted to rest on the edge of the plateau, and is located about 64 km from Jos city, along the Jos-Abuja road. Assop falls is a popular tourist stop for picnicking, swimming, bird viewing and sight seeing.

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
6. Agbokim Waterfall

The waterfall is surrounded by lush greenery, valleys and steep hills which are enveloped in a rainbow-like aura. Its freshness is captivating and has an alluring serenity.This is a spectacular falling sheet of water, attractive and impressive tourist spots and a highly recommended place for picnics.
It is the ideal location for a vacation to getting back into nature and regaining your creative productivity and general well being.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
7. Farin Ruwa Waterfalls

The falls are a spectacular sight; 150 metres of cascading water and one of the tallest waterfalls in Nigeria. The waterfall is split across three tiers and surrounded by an abundant forest, making it a haven for eco-tourism. Interestingly, the Farin Ruwa Falls is taller than the Victoria Falls, the most revered waterfall in Africa.

'Farin Ruwa' translates into 'white water' in the Hausa language. The falls gained this name from the power and appearance of the torrential, gushing water. The best time to visit is between April and September, when there is the most water in the river and the waterfall is at its most spectacular.

1 Like

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
8. Arinta Waterfall

Are you thinking of going somewhere where only a few do, then it is time to visit the Arinta Water Falls in Ipole-Iloro, Ekiti State.  It is surrounded by natural forest vegetation and it is not far from the Ikogosi Warm Spring.  It is a perfect place for your picnic, relaxation and swimming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
9. Gurara falls

The Gurara river is a large tributary of the famous River Niger and is most impressive after the rainy season when the water becomes a raging torrent while in January, during the dry season and when water levels are low, there are clear pools at the bottom of the falls in which visitors can swim.

As well as being an area of outstanding natural beauty the area surrounding Gurara Waterfall is also a fantastic place for bird watching.

There is an on-going plan to develop the waterfall into a resort.

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
10, Obudu Cattle Range Waterfall

This Mini Waterfall is located in Obudu Cattle Ranch Resort. The Ranch which is 24 square kilometre in size is at an altitude where view is breathtaking and the air is fresh and clean, is where this spectacular grotto (a natural swimming pool with its sparkling pure water, and a clear view of the long winding waterfal is situatedl. Green mountain ranges surround this natural reserve that is home to rare species of birds and other animals such as the Gorilla.

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
11, Effon Waterfalls

This10m plunge of raging limpid waters was recently discovered tucked away in a remote corner of Effon Ridge near the town of Effon-Alaaye, Ekiti State.

Gracious plunge of pristine spring waters, hard to miss yet so hard to find; lost for decades, now discovered and thrown in the lime light. All known records of tourist attractions in Ekiti State and the neighbouring Osun State with which it shares boundary along the great Effon Ridge, show Arinta Waterfalls and Olumirin Waterfalls as the only falls on the ridge. It’s nonetheless awesome to note that both waterfalls have greatly enjoyed an impressive tourist traffic from all over the country.

Pictures by naijatrek

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by aminho(m): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2015
what of the one in kaduna and yola
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 7:36am On Jul 07, 2015
aminho:
what of the one in kaduna and yola

They seem not to ring a bell. pls tell me their names. thanks
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by DuBLINGreenb(m): 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
I wish lyf as a Nigerian wasn't all about exams and a lousy certificate which ties you down to a measly $50 job where you have to sweat out your youth. I'd be doing more with my lyf.
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by forgiveness: 12:30am On Jul 10, 2015
DuBLINGreenb:
I wish lyf as a Nigerian wasn't all about exams and a lousy certificate which ties you down to a measly $50 job where you have to sweat out your youth. I'd be doing more with my lyf.

Do you know what iyf stands for? or What do you know about IYF?
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by tpiander: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Beautiful, we should also have man made ones at some point, no matter how small.
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:52am On Jul 17, 2015
forgiveness:

Do you know what iyf stands for? or What do you know about IYF?

it is short for life all this you people extra evil private meaning of words or abbreviations I am unaware of them oh
L not I
p.s what does it mean
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by olusholaonipede(f): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
@ Op,
Thanks for the lovely pictuers, you are doing a great job. Well done.
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 9:36am On Sep 12, 2015
DuBLINGreenb:
Same here oh.. .. . I'm just tired sef

2 Likes

Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by tpiar: 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
DuBLINGreenb:

You can visit the places shown and other tourist spots?

The English primer back in the day used to be about the Bako family who went on a trip to every state in Nigeria (I think).
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by cao(f): 5:55am On Mar 19, 2016
I've only been to the Erin Ijesha Waterfalls & Ikogosi Warm Springs, thanks to school excursions. EIW really is a sight and the water is lovely (I was hella thirsty, the pure water they packed tasted like dettol, it sure as hell smelt like it). Nigeria, you really should have booming tourism...**sigh**
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by xclusiveguy4(m): 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
serving in MARHAI nasarawa state just an hour to farin ruwa water fall

what an awesome experience

dunno why state government can't transform this place to a tourist center
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by Onyenna(m): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Cool
Re: 11 Most Popular Springs and Waterfalls in Nigeria by moststylish(m): 5:16pm On Jun 21, 2019
Visited Arinta falls while serving at Ekiti State. It was a memorable moment

(1) (Reply)

Trailer Accident In Apapa Lagos State This Morning! (Photos) / ''Nigeria Is My America!" - Gambian Businesswoman In Lagos Declares (Video) / Motor Accident Kills 3 In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.