Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,124 members, 7,953,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:04 PM

Wambach: World Cup Final Seemed Fake, I Thought I Was In Heaven - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wambach: World Cup Final Seemed Fake, I Thought I Was In Heaven (398 Views)

Qatar's First Air-conditioned 2022 World Cup Venue Has Work Completed (PHOTOS) / WWE Fights Are Fake, I Have Stopped Watching Them / 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup: Abby Wambach Sends Super Falcons Home -- Highlights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wambach: World Cup Final Seemed Fake, I Thought I Was In Heaven by Moh4newsafrica(f): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
The forward could not express her feelings after her side demolished Japan 5-2 in the final, with four goals coming in the first 16 minutes

Abby Wambach was in disbelief after United States beat Japan 5-2 in the World Cup final on Sunday, admitting that she thought she was in heaven as her side strolled to victory.

USA took a four goal lead after 16 minutes, with a Carli Lloyd hat-trick and a goal from Lauren Holiday essentially killing the game off in the early stages. While Japan pulled two back later on, any hopes of a comeback were wiped out after 54 minutes when Tobin Heath added a fifth to secure the title.

Wambach, who missed out on a place in the starting XI for the final but came on for the final 10 minutes, said she was always confident her side would win the tournament, but was struggling to come to terms with how “bizarre” the final match was.

“I literally don’t know how I feel,” Wambach told reporters. “It’s a bizarre thing that’s going on right now because of the way it kind of happened.

“I’m just so proud to be on this team and proud to be a part of, in my opinion, what is something really special. It wasn’t just Carli Lloyd who won us this World Cup, although tonight she showed us that she’s a huge reason why we have this World Cup title.

read more<<<<<<<<<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/wambach-world-cup-final-seemed-fake-i-thought-i-was-in-heaven/
Re: Wambach: World Cup Final Seemed Fake, I Thought I Was In Heaven by festytop(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
The match is quite surprising that within 16min out of 90min+ Japan would have concede that much goals
Though I knew that U.S.A will win but I did not know that it will be that much easy for them in the final saga of the game
Re: Wambach: World Cup Final Seemed Fake, I Thought I Was In Heaven by ModiKen(m): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
I don't hold any gender bias but I think at the moment, women's football is a joke and there has been no sign of improvement for the past decade in terms of developing women's football across the globe. This fault lies solely with individual countries.

Only the U.S.A is doing its best to develop women' football and the results are evident.

The women's world cup has been the 'toilet seat' of the U.S women's football team.

If the U.S.A were that good football wise, why has reaching the second round of the world cup become a major achievement for the U.S men football team.

Once in a while we see them been taken down by lowly ranked teams. We won't forget in a hurry how Ghana dispatched them at the 2010 world cup. grin

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Oliseh Ex-captain Set To Take Over As Super Eagle Coach / 9 Important Questions Mourinho Needs To Answer Before The New Season Starts!! / Highlights From Psg's 2-0 Win Over Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.