Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,421 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is The Second-hand/used Clothing Business Lucrative As A Distributor? - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Is The Second-hand/used Clothing Business Lucrative As A Distributor? (1924 Views)

Interested In Becoming A Distributor? / Be A Distributor Of Aqua Rapha Drink / Are You Starting A Kid's Clothing Business Soon??? Check This Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Second-hand/used Clothing Business Lucrative As A Distributor? by EyeKandy(f): 7:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
I recently got access to a used clothing wholesaler in the US. I would like to know if this business is still lucrative. Looking on Nairaland, I realized that most bales are from the UK. Does the UK have a better selection of clothes than the US or could it be that US bales are more expensive due to high costs of logistics?

Am I required to set up a distribution store/warehouse in Nigeria or Cotonou to sell to retailers in bales or can I just ship it off from the US to retailers in Nigeria?
I would like to sell top quality children's clothes (Like the Abercrombie&Fitch, GAP, Guess, Forever 21, etc)
Women (Branded corporate work blouses, shirts, suits and co)
And maybe shoes/sandals or Men's shirts.

How do I get started?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is The Second-hand/used Clothing Business Lucrative As A Distributor? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
EyeKandy:
I recently got access to a used clothing wholesaler in the US. I would like to know if this business is still lucrative. Looking on Nairaland, I realized that most bales are from the UK. Does the UK have a better selection of clothes than the US or could it be that US bales are more expensive due to high costs of logistics?

Am I required to set up a distribution store/warehouse in Nigeria or Cotonou to sell to retailers in bales or can I just ship it off from the US to retailers in Nigeria?
I would like to sell top quality children's clothes (Like the Abercrombie&Fitch, GAP, Guess, Forever 21, etc)
Women (Branded corporate work blouses, shirts, suits and co)
And maybe shoes/sandals or Men's shirts.

How do I get started?
Thanks.
London bales are cool
very very than USA bales if it comes in fairly use.secondly USA cloths are goof for new ones.but when it comes in fairly very bad.before u spend your money on any bales make sure u buy d best.u can as well send down to Nigeria like 2 or 3 bales before buying in large quantity. make you know waste money.know d best fame and d shipping down to Nigeria.if is in Cotnuo u need to have A good Agent and custom over dere in Cotnuo.to help in terms of clearing if not.na loss ooo.

(1) (Reply)

Barbed Wire Fence / Become A Portacabin/Container Dealer Or Right From The Comfort Of Your Home! / 15 And 30 Tons Box Body Trucks Needed For Contract A.S.A.P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.