Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,637 members, 7,827,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? (1091 Views)

46 Kenyan Women Strip Unclad Because Their Husbands Can't Satisfy Them Sexually / Nigerian Man Who Has 97 Wives: God Gives Me Power To Satisfy Them Sexually(Pics) / My Wife Is More Sexually Responsive After I Beat Her Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by 5minsmadness: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2015

It could be anywhere but especially at your workplace and the harrasser is the boss.

If yes what did you do?
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by demmy0325(m): 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by adewaletb3(m): 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
if I was born a girl I'd bite his_fucking dick off. but personally being a man (chuckles) l would enjoy the_pussy to the fullest.
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by chiangyokay: 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by achinaboy(m): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
well I took the golden opportunity and slept with her
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by 5minsmadness: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by mredwifeosband: 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by angieberry(f): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
Sexual harassment? Very rampant
From all those yaba market boys that'll be dragging someone up and down to that boss who stares at your cleavage and taps you inappropriately while talking to you undecided
What can you do na? As far as they don't threaten you to conform undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by 5minsmadness: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2015
angieberry:
Sexual harassment? Very rampant
From all those yaba market boys that'll be dragging someone up and down to that boss who stares at your cleavage and taps you inappropriately while talking to you undecided
What can you do na? As far as they don't threaten you to conform undecided

Yes but what if the person is your boss?
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by 5minsmadness: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
angieberry:
boss who stares at your cleavage and taps you inappropriately

Your breast is outside and you're complaining about someone staring? How about you tuck your shiit in and stop being a walking temptation and causing people discomfort. And why won't they tap you inappropriately when you're already giving the whole world ideas? angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by coogar: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

It could be anywhere but especially at your workplace and the harrasser is the boss.

If yes what did you do?

it's only sexual harassment when men do it to women. when women do it to men, it's because she's in love & she's emotional. grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by 5minsmadness: 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
coogar:

it's only sexual harassment when men do it to women. when women do it to men, it's because she's in love & she's emotional. grin

(Sigh)
It appears I may have to be a little more explicit.

Ok a colleague is having issues at his office. His boss is a woman ,just 3months or so transferred to her department. She took a liking to him instantly. She always wants to have private conferences with him and has insisted on more than one occasion that he visit her place so they can finish up on some important documents there . Also on more than one occasion she has granted him undue unmerited favours like estacodes and other monetery stuff he ideally shouldn't be entitled to.

so its obvious she likes him.

The problem is he doesn't like her one bit. She isn't his type at alll. Older than him by at least a decade, not easy on the eyes in any way. Also strikes as someone looking for a man desperately. Bros doesn't want to swallow fish that will hook him.

He tried backing out of a recent private conference and the end result wasn't pretty. He was made to do a job meant for three people in half the time needed to do it. He had to do some begging and ego massaging to get off the hook.

Now it looks like she is consolidating her efforts and he doesn't know how to go about rebuffing her without hurting her feelings.

Any ideas what he should do?
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by coogar: 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

(Sigh)

Ok a colleague is having issues at his office. His boss is a woman ,just 3months or so transferred to her department. She took a liking to him instantly. She always wants to have private conferences with him and has insisted on more than one occasion that he visit her place so they can finish up on some important documents there . Also on more than one occasion she has granted him undue unmerited favours like estacodes and other monetery stuff he ideally shouldn't be entitled to.

The problem is he doesn't like her one bit. She isn't his type at alll. Older than him by at least a decade, not easy on the eyes in any way. Also strikes as someone looking for a man desperately. Bros doesn't want to swallow fish that will hook him.

He tried backing out of a recent private conference and the end result wasn't pretty. He was made to do a job meant for three people in half the time needed to do it. He had to do some begging and ego massaging to get off the hook.

Now it looks like she is consolidating her efforts and he doesn't know how to go about rebuffing her without hurting her feelings.

your friend is fücked either way.

women despise rejection - i can tell you that from my own experience of office blues. he either surrenders to her or he should be prepared to leave the organisation. no man can win with a female boss that is bent on having an affair.

they are relentless, passionate, driven & would not stop until they get what they want. if she discovers your friend has another woman or he's interested in another woman, your friend is in trouble. if your friend refuses her advances, your friend is in trouble. it's a lose lose situation.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by TV01(m): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
5minsmadness:

(Sigh)

Yes I have - some girl in church, hearing all sorts of "words", prophesying and telling me about the generational issues in my family angry! She even followed me to Naija shocked!

Anyway! Coogars prognosis although grim could be close to home. Dusting off his CV sounds like an obvious thing to do, but who knows if he'll secure a position as good or run into "personnel" issues there.

Is he married? Then his wife should be a shield. If he is "seriously dating" or engaged, he should have made that very apparent from the offset. It's one of the things I do, pictures of my wife and family all over, screen saver sef - even though we are not allowed - first line of defense.

He should start to document and keep evidence of any untoward action by his boss - although if it's Naija and the norm obtains, he may not be able to prevail against her if it becomes a case - even if he can evidence her unprofessionalism.

He can try not washing, or eating loads of garli,c or showing other unattractive traits -maybe she'll go off him. Perhaps drop how he is struggling to be shot of chronic gono during a lunch convo grin. And of course theirs always the "gay" card - although she may think she's the cure.

The elders in church, asked me to have it out with her -which I thought was a complete abdication, but hey - he could try that, but no matter how he approaches or words it, she won't take it eay and may not even take it.

5mins, please be there for your padi grin.

TV

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by 5minsmadness: 3:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
coogar:

your friend is fücked either way.

women despise rejection - i can tell you that from my own experience of office blues. he either surrenders to her or he should be prepared to leave the organisation. no man can win with a female boss that is bent on having an affair.

they are relentless, passionate, driven & would not stop until they get what they want. if she discovers your friend has another woman or he's interested in another woman, your friend is in trouble. if your friend refuses her advances, your friend is in trouble. it's a lose lose situation.

Well that's depressing.
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by 5minsmadness: 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Guy is single though in a serious relationship@TV01.

We r thinking of getting an older female colleague (same rank) to talk to her?
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by Chubhie: 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
If she's your kind and free its okay to play along and allow her enjoy the moment. But, don't cross a certain line.....Rubicon.

Its always wise to blow off the initial steam and tactically learn to apply emotional intelligence to withdraw so as not to hurt a fragile her. You can sit her down and let her know you guys can be everything apart from being romantically involved.

I've noticed when you do a lil kindness to some women they feel obligated to reward you with keys to paradise. It breaks my heart sometimes. Not that I'm mr nice guy or a bad boy that just discovered how to win hearts. This is me by default and I connect with even market women and kids. Thank God for discipline I would have turnout something else. Have seen embarrassing moments. God help our women.
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Once when I was an intern.
Was too shocked to do anything or say anything.

If its Naija unless that organization has a compliance department he will need to leave that corporation.
He should tell his gf and let her visit him at work. Pretend to be fiancee.
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by pickabeau1: 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
5minsmadness:
Guy is single though in a serious relationship@TV01.

We r thinking of getting an older female colleague (same rank) to talk to her?

Let him go for the dinner with his girlfriend and let her see the madam as a mentor...career advice etc
aunty grin grin grin

coogar is right.. let him start looking for job
Re: Have You Ever Been Sexually Harrassed, And What Did You Do? by raumdeuter: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

(1) (Reply)

What will you do if you are in his shoe? / Why Is MTN Short Changing Us? / The Agony Of A Nigerian Who Married A Blind White Lady Because Of Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.