Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

I Want To Repair My Toyota 4runner 4wd System - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Repair My Toyota 4runner 4wd System (941 Views)

Hilarious Photos of Things People Use To Repair Their Cars / These Are 10 Of The Most Expensive Car Parts To Repair & Replace / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Repair My Toyota 4runner 4wd System by eyeqpee(m): 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
Please i use a toyota 4runner 2003 model. The 4wd system used to work when ever I turn the 4wd knob.
But recently I turned it on and drove on reverse, I heard a noise as if two metals were grinding against each other. since then the 4wd system stopped functioning and 4wd light started blinking.
Am in benin city, and need a trusted hand for the repairs. Please help. Thanks
Re: I Want To Repair My Toyota 4runner 4wd System by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:00am On Jul 07, 2015
Start with a scan.

Not just an engine scan.
Re: I Want To Repair My Toyota 4runner 4wd System by earthrealm(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
HOPE YOU have oil in the rear axle?
hope you didnt lock the differential and drive on smooth/tarred road?

the differential is the button near ur left knee.

i wud advice u take the car to a pit, and have the axles and differential checked for oil, the 4 runner has 3..n uses 80w 90 oil, buy the mobil brank sells for 3k or so.

you can drain the oil in the rear and pour fresh oil, u might be lucky and the damage isnt much
Re: I Want To Repair My Toyota 4runner 4wd System by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 9:40am On Jul 08, 2015
Get the Vehicle Scanned with a Scan tools that cab be able to scan throught the 4WD system. Then you can pinpoint the problem with the system.
Re: I Want To Repair My Toyota 4runner 4wd System by eyeqpee(m): 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
earthrealm:
HOPE YOU have oil in the rear axle?
hope you didnt lock the differential and drive on smooth/tarred road?

the differential is the button near ur left knee.

i wud advice u take the car to a pit, and have the axles and differential checked for oil, the 4 runner has 3..n uses 80w 90 oil, buy the mobil brank sells for 3k or so.

you can drain the oil in the rear and pour fresh oil, u might be lucky and the damage isnt much

Thanks earthrealm, I can remember you. You gave me advices when I was about buying this 4runner in 2014 Thanks so much in arrears. I will try what you said, if am lucky and things go well it will save me a lot of bucks! grin.
Re: I Want To Repair My Toyota 4runner 4wd System by eyeqpee(m): 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
But if the 4wd didn’t get better, PLEASE! I will be needing an phone number or address of a very capable and reliable hand here in Benin city that can repair my 4runner 4wd system cry
Re: I Want To Repair My Toyota 4runner 4wd System by earthrealm(m): 11:24am On Jul 09, 2015
dont really know of any, but i heard they hv decent mechanics in the uwelu axis, and also parts full there.
is ur car v8 or v6?

i seriously suspect there was no oil in the axle / differential.
i hope u didnt drive it for long with the grinding noise?

(1) (Reply)

2016 Ferrari 488GTB Revealed - Newstac / Pls What Can I Do To My Nissan Pathfinder 98 / Car Changes Color Like Chameleon... Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.