Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

"He Is Not The One For You" By Bethel Brill (flash Fiction) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "He Is Not The One For You" By Bethel Brill (flash Fiction) (507 Views)

MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) / The Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest Has Started. These Are My 7 Best Stories / Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"He Is Not The One For You" By Bethel Brill (flash Fiction) by bethelbrill(m): 12:15am On Jul 07, 2015
She met him at the job interview, while she was standing at the entrance to the receptionists office, she saw him, tall, dark, with brown pupils, she was lost in her thought until he tapped he, gesturing that she should make way for him to pass, she trembled at his touch, but tried to hide it.

On her way out of the company gate she heard the word "hello" with a voice as deep as the Atlantic ocean, she trembled, turned and looked at him, she was confused, uncomfortable, he ran up to her "Am Kunle" he said enthusiastically, she was lost "Betty" she managed to reply, "so how was the interview? " he asked "was ermmm qui.. quite alright" she replied, he smiled and she tried to smile as well, " I would love to meet you again" he replied "I would love too and I love you" her inner voice said, she cautioned her mind and replied "Okay, thanks" and walked away, he stood and stared as she left the gate, he smiled to himself and went back into the office.

"Would you marry me?" He asked while kneeling down, she screamed "Yes", she was really happy, finally at 26 she has gotten herself a life partner.

After church on Sunday, the pastor asked to see her, "Last night in my sleep God showed me a vision that brother Kunle is not the right one for you" he said, she was dumbfounded, confused and mentally disorganized, "but daddy, he is the one for me and I've talked to God about it" she said in between sobs, "I know its hard for you but that's what the Lord showed me, and am sure you don't want to disobey the Lord". "But how can the Lord be so wicked to want to rob me of my joy, the flesh of my flesh, the one that completes me" she thought as she was in the bus taking her home. Her phone rang, she brought it out to check who was calling, when she saw "Kunle" as the caller, she became more heart broken, she ignored it.

Three years later, she has not seen the perfect one for her, she became more regular in church, she joined the choir, she volunteered for church duties hoping that Mr. Right would come before her 30th birthday.  Yesterday while she was in church, her phone rang, she answered "Hello is this Betty?" "Yes" she replied "Hey long time its Kunle, are you still in town?" "Yes" she replied with little joy "my wife just gave birth, and I don't know if you free, I would love it if you can come for his naming ceremony" "ermm the... The the problem is that am not chanced, "but I have not told you the date" "I know but I wont be chanced, am leaving town tomorrow" she finally replied and cut the call.............
Re: "He Is Not The One For You" By Bethel Brill (flash Fiction) by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 07, 2015
Hmm, nice try albeit you can still do better.

Re: "He Is Not The One For You" By Bethel Brill (flash Fiction) by Akposb(m): 9:48am On Jul 07, 2015
Cool but could make it more better.

(1) (Reply)

Apapa (a Poem) / Introducing The Justice Creed. / Twenty Episode 8 (A Story On Suspense And Murder)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.