Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Afribank Shares - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Afribank Shares (1367 Views)

Afribank Shareholders Sue CBN Over Revocation Of Bank’s Licence / What Is My Fate As Afribank Shareholder? / Afribank Public Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afribank Shares by windywendy(f): 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2006
Does anyone have any idea what has been driving up the price of Afribank shares lately? I know they have not yet come out with their results, but is there any good news on the horizon?
Re: Afribank Shares by Casy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2006
It might have to do with the new life of their recent declaration of Lead bank and assurance bank as part of them
investors will believe that their will be increase in retail banking and that biaseness may just make them want to buy into this new life so this invariably make thew price go up
or, ?
Re: Afribank Shares by windywendy(f): 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2006
Oh yeah, I just saw Afribank's results today. FANTASTIC is the one word to describe it smiley smiley smiley

Why do I get the feeling that life's a lot more interesting when your investment decisions turn out right -- esp. when your broker tried to discourage you from buying the stock in the first place?. smiley smiley smiley.

I also made what I can only describe as a "HOME RUN" on my investment in BCC! Wait a minute, my broker also tried to discourage me from buying that late last year undecided Maybe I need to change brokers

Anyway, kudos to all the "keen minded" investors in da house, it's a good day today cheesy cheesy
Re: Afribank Shares by Allwell(m): 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2006
I haven't seen their result yet but from what I read in the papers it could be they are heading for the primary market. What's in their result windywendy? Any bonus or big time div?

And hey Seun, why don't you set aside a board for those who want to discuss 'stocks' than lumping it in 'business'
Re: Afribank Shares by windywendy(f): 4:00am On Sep 30, 2006
Yes Seun, I think it would be a great idea to set aside a board for discussions on stock investments.

@ Allwell, No, Afribank isn't giving out any dividends or bonuses (to my knowledge that is), it's just that they increased their PAT by over 500%. They're now in the primary market shopping for N30b (3bill shares @ N10). Somehow, I feel that their move is kind of suspicious. First the share price rises dramatically, then the results are out and almost immediately,  they're shopping for more money. Sounds like they doctored the increase in their share price -- actually my broker just told me that they gave out loans to people and encouraged them to purchase their shares (i'm not sure how true this is). But either way, i'm selling. I've made a good return already anyway, so I'm out  cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What He Do With 400k. / What You Should Know About Swiss-Golden And The Right Way To Do It... / Skrill Or Neteller? Which E Wallet Do You Recommend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.