Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Id-el-malud 1430 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Id-el-malud 1430 (6949 Views)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / 2009 Id El Kabir Dates / Happy Id-El-Maulud Celebration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Id-el-malud 1430 by Mustay(m): 1:21am On Mar 06, 2009
Celebration of Prophet Mohammed's birthday comes up in few days time. Already, the Nigerian government has declared a public holiday (sighs) on March 9 for the day. Tell us what you plan on doing, what we ought to do and generally how the day should be celebrated.

Salam Alaykun.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by Mustay(m): 8:56am On Mar 06, 2009
Muhammad, the posthumous child

By Muhammad Embeay

As-Salaam Alaikum, Wa-Rahamatullah, Wa-Barakatuhoo

May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings, be with you.

I seek refuge in Allah against the accursed devil.

In the Name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

WHEREAS, when Muhammad was born over 14 centuries ago, he was just like a child, one of thousands that are born into the world everyday, but for whom the future held many surprising and wonderful things in store.

The name of this child's mother was Ameenah, and the names of his father and grandfather were Abdullah and Abdul Muttalib respectively.

The birth of the child gave rise to conflicting emotions in the hearts of his near ones, emotions, both of joy and sorrow. There was joy because there was born to them a child who would continue the line of his forefathers and keep their name alive in the world.

There was sorrow because the child reminded his mother of her loving and most beloved husband. His grand father, of a most obedient son, who had left the world before the birth of his child. Muhammad's features his winning smile, the look of wonder in his eyes with which he beheld this strange world into which he had been so recently ushered.

In short, everything connected with him brought back to the bereaved wife and the desolate father, the dear memories of the young husband and son who had seven months previously, left his dear ones to return to his maker.

Joy, however, predominated over sorrow, for the birth of this child was a guarantee that the name of the deceased would be rescued from oblivion.

His grand father gave to this child, who was born an orphan, the name Muhammad, and he began to thrive under the care of his mother and of a wet nurse employed by his uncle.

To be precise, on the 12th of the Lunar month of Rabiul "Awwal, that is, Monday, April 20, 571 A.D, a child was born in Makka in the memorably year of the Elephant, only 53 days after the destruction of the Abyssinian Army led by Abraha, that invaded Makka with the sole purpose of destroying the Ka'aba, the ancient and the oldest House of God on earth.

The child was Prophet Muhammad, on whom be the peace and blessing of Allah.

During his lifetime, he led a singularly crowded life with events, most especially in the 10 years after the emigration from Makka to Madina.

But before he died at the age of 63 years, his life was also outstanding filled to the brim with achievement in every sphere, with an impression so deep and so permanent. The pattern of human life as it has developed before now and indeed, the course of human history since his days as Muhammad, the servant of Allah most pre-eminent of Allah and his messenger per-excellence.

Muhammad's father, Abdullah, a Quraish of the Banu Hashim family, at the age of 24 years, married a virtuous and accomplished lady Ameenah, the daughter of Wahb-bin-Abu-Manaf, who belonged to ZUHRA family of another branch of the distinguished stock of Quraish.

A few days after Abdullah was married to Ameenah, he went on a trading journey to Syria. On his way home, Abdullah took ill and died at Madina, which was then known as Yatrib. Thus Muhammad was born a post humours fatherless child.

At the time of her husband's death, Ameenah was pregnant and in due course gave birth to a son. She sent for her father in-law, Abdul Muttalib, who took the child in his arms and joyfully went to the Ka'aba and offered thanks to God, he also prayed for his grandson.

Before the birth of Muhammad, his mother had dreamt that he, Muhammad, had already been born, she also dreamt that he should be named, Muhammad, which means, he who is praised. Ameenah, in addition, saw in another dream a very bright light flowing out from her and spreading far and wide to all countries.

The people of Makka used to send their babies away to be nursed by women in the countryside where the air was better for the children than in the town environment.

Ameenah wanted one of those nurses to take care of Muhammad, but when the women heard that the child's father was dead they all refused to take him, for fear that they would not be paid with adequate money and in time.

This happened because they did not know that he, Muhammad was to become the master of Kings and Emperors.

The way of God is always wonderful. He had already arranged how Ameenah would be made happy and how Muhammad might be nursed in the country side. For, among those who came to Makka from about 60 kilometres to take away children with them for nursing, was a poor woman named Haleemah. She went about from house to house, asking for baby to nurse, but no parent wished to trust their child to a poor woman.

After failing at every other house to secure a child to nurse, she decided to take this fatherless child, so that other women should not laugh at her, for coming away without any child to nurse.

Thus for a few days after his birth, Muhammad was nursed by his mother and Thuwaiba, a slave of his uncle, Abu Lahab. After that, the child was entrusted to the care of a Bedouin village nurse, Haleemah of the tribe of Banu Saad.

At the end of two years, when the child was weaned, Haleemah brought Muhammad to his mother, but due to the epidemic and unhealthy climate in Makka them, the sagacious and sensible mother sent the child back with Haleemah.

Muhammad then lived with Haleemah for another two years and enjoyed the blessings of the fresh air of the pastoral valleys and had the opportunity to learn the most eloquent of the Arabic dialect before he was returned to his mother, Ameenah, at about the age of six.

Shortly after his return, his mother, went with Muhammad, on a visit to her relatives at Madina. But on her way back to Makka, she died, and was buried at Abwa, a place of loving recollection to the prophet in his latter years.

Thus Muhammad was deprived of the affectionate care of his mother and, being already fatherless, he was also bereft of filial approach of the father or the child's inclination towards his father.

This was how Muhammad became an orphan, at the tender age of six. After his mother's death, Muhammad returned to Makka with his nurse UmmAyman, who had accompanied him and his mother on the memorable journey to Madina.

Now, Abdul Mutalib, the grandfather, became exceedingly grieved when he heard the sad news of Ameenah's death and took his grandson into his custody. Abdul Mutalib treated Muhammad with great care and tenderness. Scarcely had three years passed, when the old grandfather also died. So that at the early age of eight years, Muhammad was without all those who loved him dearly.

When Abdul Muttalib was about to die, he handed over his beloved grandchild into the watchful custody of his son AbuTalib, who succeeded him as the guardian of the Ka'aba and in all other civil dignities.

Muhammad, on whom be the peace and blessings of Allah, had a simple face, and yet looked like a person of importance. He was of middle height and size with a large, well-shaped head, and a wide forehead. His dark eyes were full of light and had long eyelashes. His teeth were very white, his hair was black and thick; his colour was fair, his appearance and manners were so pleasant that he won the hearts of all who saw him.

The Holy Prophet's love for the poor, the helpless, the fatherless and women who had lost their husbands, was very great, such that, from his early years, Muhammad brought help to anyone who needed it and he would take no rest till justice had been done.

Muhammad's honesty, truthfulness, kindness and purity earned for him the enviable title of Al-Ameen, in Arabic which both means "he is who truthful and he who can be trusted." Al-Ameen also means honesty, not only in monetary matters, but in every other things.

If an orphan is living with people who think far too much of him, their indulgence will indeed spoil him. On the other hand, if he lives with people who take him for a stranger and treat him unkindly, he will tend to get disheartened, and develop a gloomy outlook on life. Placed in so delicate a situation as a child, Muhammad displayed a remarkable character with excellent table manners.

As a child, he would not spring upon things to eat, but would wait aside with dignity. Not until his aunt sent for him, would Muhammad come forward to take his share of the food, of which he would then partake with the same dignity, which characterised the rest of his bearing as a child.

Muhammad's foster mother remarked that, Muhammad as a child, was good-natured, that even his fellow children were impressed by him. His foster-brothers observed that Muhammad never took part in any vain and wasteful sports. Though he had his own juvenile tricks, pranks and failure, he hated being anything other than truthful. He was full of sympathy for his fellow children, even at that age. They regarded him as a sort of chief, for his early life was so pure and good as an extraordinary good child. This shows that from childhood, his behaviour was pure and serious. Abu-Talib said to the boy's youngest uncle, Abbas:

"I have never heard Muhammad tell a lie nor have I seen him play with the boys in the street. They boy naturally disliked the quarrelling and fighting which were generally a part of these street games."

In those days, the people of Arabia had many foolish beliefs, and worshipped idols, instead of the one God. But there was nothing the prophet hated more, even from his earliest days, than the worship of idols. He never took part in it, and always refused to eat any food that had been offered to an idol.

The homes in which Muhammad lived as a child were not wealthy, and the other children did not behave well. For example, at their meals, they gathered round their mother, and called out loudly for what they wanted. Each tried to get more food than the others. But while the other children were making noise, Muhammad sat by himself quietly, waiting for his aunt to give him his food, and he ate with pleasure whatever was given him.

Even at that early age, everyone who knew Muhammad noticed his thoughtful ways; and his uncle loved him so much that he wanted to have Muhammad with him day and night.

In those days, very few people in Arabia could read or write and so the prophet grew up without any teaching formal education. But people wondered how Muhammad knew so much and was so wise without learning to read.

When Muhammad was 12 years, his uncle, Abu Talib, had to go on a journey to Syria. Muhammad could not bear the idea of such a long separation from his uncle, so Abu Talib took Muhammad with him.

On their way, they met a religious man, a Christian named Baheera, who saw in the prophet's face the signs of his future greatness.

"Take care of him, Muhammad", Baheera said to Abu-Talib, "for one day, he will have work to do for God.

Ma Salaam.

>

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/friday_worship/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=060309&ptitle=Muhammad,%20the%20posthumous%20child
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by mukina2: 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2009
Rabi' al-awwal cheesy

Ever since i was a kid it has been the same celebration,  charity, free food and drinks ,recitation of Quran, prayers, stories about the life of the Prophet,  and then people converge to  the streets singing Islamic songs, kids the old the young, male/female its a big occasion .

The various Daras are taught Islamic songs  it is well celebrated smiley

each year its a new song, i remember the songs we sang as kids grin grin
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by Lagosboy: 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2009
So how do you celebrate it in Gambia
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by mukina2: 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2009
Most Gambians travel to places in Dakar for ' Gamo'.

For our own community its more or less the same.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by Lagosboy: 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2009
Is there a large nigerian community there in Gambia?
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by mukina2: 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2009
Yes grin
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by bilms(m): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2009
lets pray for Allah's favor and guidance.

we can also compose songs in arabic. and sing it over and over again.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by fesse(f): 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2009
@post
But some Muslims don't even know that monday is the Prophet's b/day. Well happy celebration but make sure you reach out to the less privilage near.
ENJOY!!!
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by Nicesoul(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2009
fesse:

@post
But some Muslims don't even know that monday is the Prophet's b/day. Well happy celebration but make sure you reach out to the less privilage near.
ENJOY!!!

@ fesse,

I see critics in your post. You said some muslims, can you mention a few? Your last sentence is better off.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by mafolayomi(f): 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2009
happy celebration to all smiley smiley smiley
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by Mustay(m): 10:17pm On Mar 06, 2009
The prophet's life is celebrated pragmatically at least 5 times a day by all PRACTISING muslims. During salat (e.g. adhan), dhikr etc. Therefore the birthday of the best being that lived on earth shouldn't be excluded neither should it be celebrated extravagantly. The day should be used to learn more about the Prophet and extol his virtues. The day being used for activities like id-el-Malud special party and the sorts should be avoided as it is common place for people to make commerce out of anything today. It is suggested that if you so love the Prophet, why not fast on the day since the prophet used to fast on mondays and thursdays.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by jakigaga(m): 11:43pm On Mar 06, 2009
Assalamu Alaikum.
pardon my interruption but the prophet (p.b.u.h) also died on the same day so wat are you celebrating?
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by tommyex(m): 8:28am On Mar 07, 2009
Thanks muslim brothers 4 giving me a break, You guys r lovely!!!
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by muhsin(m): 10:42am On Mar 07, 2009
Wa'alaiku salaam,

I only get a question to ask; how did the Prophet's companions celebrate the day, or their followers, or their other followers, if they ever did? Thanks for your responses.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by onlysose(m): 11:29am On Mar 07, 2009
jakigaga said

Assalamu Alaikum.
pardon my interruption but the prophet (p.b.u.h) also died on the same day so wat are you celebrating?

hayati kairilakum wamamatikairilakum

the prohpet peace be upon him said : my birth is a blessing to you as well as my death

happy edil moulid !!
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by kauzar: 11:36am On Mar 07, 2009
May I ask you dear brothers & sisters how does the sahabah, tabihin and tabitabihin celebrated the birthday of the holy prophet (SAW) ?
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by jakigaga(m): 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2009
Dey didnt celebrate it so i dont noe y ppl dat came 1400 yrz r.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by PurestBoy(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2009
muhsin:

Wa'alaiku salaam,

I only get a question to ask; how did the Prophet's companions celebrate the day, or their followers, or their other followers, if they ever did? Thanks for your responses.

You don dey take style create argument abi? Don't you see mosque or alfas around you?
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by kauzar: 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2009
Dear brothers,

let us be realistic, the prophet (SAW) could only be celebrated by following the message he(SAW) preached not by throwing party or means of fund raising.
May I ask, how many of the pple that organize party fast on monday which was the practice of the holy prophet(SAW)?
I think what we should do most is to spread the virtues of the prophet(SAW) to revive/revert most of our brothers who have missed their way from the true part.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by donlet(m): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2009
salam alaekum
i want to agree with the person that suggests fasting on the day,but whatever way you choose to celebrate the m/nabiy just try to fear Allah and reach out to the poor.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by Olayinkaoj(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2009
Salam alaekum Muslim bro and sisters. I wish u a wonderful celebrations. I am a Christian anyway but we all serve the same true God.

Stay blessed
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by Olayinkaoj(m): 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2009
Salam alaekum Muslim bros and sisters. I wish u a wonderful celebration. I am a Christian anyway but we all serve the same true God.

Stay blessed

sorry for the errors above
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by babs787(m): 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2009
Happy Celebration.

It would be ideal to celebrate it by learning about Islam, his life, teachings, being mercy to mankind etc

Happy Felicitation grin grin
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by subzeeero(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2009
I don't think you guys love the prophet (SAW) more than Abu Bakr(RA). Did he celebrate mawlid Al-nabi?
Every Muslim must consider the following saying of the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam very seriously, Jaabir reported that the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam used to deliver his sermon with this opening:

"The best word is the Book of Allâh and the best way is that of Muhammad. The worst deed is innovation and each innovation is a deviation from Islaam." [Sahih Muslim: (vol. 2, p. 410, no. 1885).]

Brothers and sisters,
We should try and change this generation to suit Islam instead of changing Islam to suit this generation.

1 Like

Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by spikedcylinder: 8:28am On Mar 08, 2009
When did the Government declare it a public holiday? Please can I get a link?
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by Mustay(m): 10:08am On Mar 08, 2009
You could always get to your office tomorrow to confirm the story. lol!
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by mousty: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2009
Salamu Alaikum Warahamatullah, all Muslim Ummah, we are reading the same Kitab that is Al-Kur'an and the same Hadith, that is Bukhari, Muslim and others, but i dont know how this complict occured, but base on my understanding about those who always in Ramadan period want to celeberate by gathering mens and womens, is mistake, like some one said, whoever love Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) peace be upon him, he will never reach Sayyadina Abubakarnissiddiq and other Sahabat Rasulillah step of loving him, did they do? and about Tabi'una did they do? and even four schools of jurist did they do? and some one ask; how did the Prophet's companions celebrate the day, or their followers, or their other followers, if they ever did? Thanks for your responses.
Look my people, we have to face the reality in term of celeberating this month, by doing fasting, Please.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by spikedcylinder: 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2009
Mustay:

You could always get to your office tomorrow to confirm the story. lol!

Thats the thing. The overzealous HR lady claims it hasn't been declared by the FG, I want to show her a link.

Thats all I required, not sarcasm. smiley
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by Mustay(m): 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2009
"FG declares March 9 public holiday" - i'm unable to post the link cos I'm posting via mobile. Type in those keywords in google.com.ng, i think That's the caption Punch Newspaper used last week.
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by ALHAJIali(m): 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2009
Salam Alaikum Muslim Brothers and Sisters,
The issue of celebrating Maulud is a seriuos problem for us Muslims,Mohammad SAW,left for us ALQURAN,AL HADEETH TO FOLLOW SO THAT WE CANNOT GO ASTRAY AND ALSO SAID any other thing outside these noble books is an act of innovation and this would not and should not be accepted,but alas what do we see,lot of deviations to suit individual greed,MAY ALLAH GIVE US STRONG HEART TO DO/ACT THE RIGHTLY IN ALL ASPECTS OF IBADAT,ALLAH BE WITHYOU ALL
Re: Id-el-malud 1430 by ALHAJIali(m): 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2009
saud arabia and most gulf states do not carryout this celebration or give public holiday,but have other forms of similar celebrations like,birth and death of sayidina ali(ra) and that of hassan and hussain,grand children of rasul in iraq but still may allah give us the will to act correctly and also increase us in iman(islamic faith)amin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maliki Yawmi Alddeeni - 3rd Ayah Of The Quran / Islam The Religion Of Doom / Todays Friday Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.