Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

15 Free Books For People Who Code, You Will Be Glad You Read Them - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 15 Free Books For People Who Code, You Will Be Glad You Read Them (552 Views)

Wow So Glad Made 143$ This Resession Period close trend / We Are Website Designer And Developer. We Shall Be Glad To Work With You / 15 Free .gov With Page Rank Backlinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Free Books For People Who Code, You Will Be Glad You Read Them by testedtechs: 10:49am On Jul 07, 2015
This is a collection of free programming books that are in digital/online format. The books in this list provide timeless insights that are universally applicable to all programming languages.

Note: Some of the books in this collection might use a specific programming language (such as Python) to illustrate general programming ideas.

How to Design Programs

By Matthias Felleisen, Robert Bruce Findler, Matthew Flatt, Shriram Krishnamurthi. 55 pages.

This book is about the process of designing computer programs — which might mean “desktop software” or “mobile apps” or “web apps” depending on who’s reading.

97 Things Every Programmer Should Know

By multiple authors. 98 web pages.

Published by O’Reilly Media, this book is a collection of essays, or “pearls of wisdom for programmers collected from leading practitioners.”

Foundations of Computer Science

By Jeffrey Ullman., Alfred Aho. 775 pages.

This text book was published in 1992, and has since been taken out of print. This is what the authors say about this book: “We believed in 1992 it was the way to introduce theory in Computer Science, and we believe that today.”

Introduction to Computing

By David Evans. 266 pages.

This book covers essential computer science concepts. It uses Python and Scheme, but it’s not really a book about those two programming languages.

The Codeless Code

By Qi. 195 web pages.

This book is a series of 195 stories in the form of fables about the art and act of software development.

[url=testedtechs.com/2015/07/15-free-books-for-people-who-code]Read more about 15 Free Books for People Who Code with graphics[/url]
Re: 15 Free Books For People Who Code, You Will Be Glad You Read Them by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
I've read "97 Things Every Programmer Should Know" ..... it's a great book,very short,straight to the point
Re: 15 Free Books For People Who Code, You Will Be Glad You Read Them by Craigston: 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jregz:
I've read "97 Things Every Programmer Should Know" ..... it's a great book,very short,straight to the point
Tell me true story! I need to check it out soon.
On second thought, I can't read it now. Too many saved articles and books to read. And I've not touched any.

(1) (Reply)

What Features Do You Expect A New Social Network Contain? / Sms Portal Creator Website SUSPENDED! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.