Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,638 members, 7,823,802 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

The Root Of The Problems Of Modern Days Developers In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Root Of The Problems Of Modern Days Developers In Nigeria (558 Views)

I Have Tried Patiently To Understand The Problems Of Boko Harams Pps / Best Web Designers In Nigeria: List Of Top 5 Web Developers In Every State / Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Root Of The Problems Of Modern Days Developers In Nigeria by winexviv: 1:10am On Aug 02, 2015
Hello everyone,
We Nigerians(including me) are very fund of stealing resources and other people's software, scripts, templates e.t.c online with the mindset that it's normal and everybody does it. This is pure stealing if we don't know, and we all know that thieves always have very slim chances of succeeding in things for a long time and their end is always disastrous. This is actually the reason why in Nigeria, you will see a webmaster charging 10k - 20k for a web project. Common how on earth could that have been possible if they actually bought the templates they are using for let's say ($58). We stole someone's property and we want to succeed. It is a sin and all sinners go to hell. I have been doing this for several years but it got to my attention that this is pure stealing and it's not going to take me far.
Just imagine yourself after spending several weeks building great software and next day you see people using it for free and even selling it to their clients without your consent, won't you be very upset and sue them with your last penny. This is exactly how the real developers of those software, scripts, templates e.t.c feel when we do so.
All start-ups that succeed in Nigeria actually built their systems from scratch or bought a commercial licence(which is very good). I have never seen someone that stole template or script that actually succeeded. We should learn to build great software, scripts, templates e.t.c and sell on Themeforest/Codecayon so that foreigners can buy and we get foreign currencies. This alone increases our nations GDP. Let's stop building lazy and keep depending on so called angel investors that will end up not investing in the script you downloaded online.
It's when you spend several hours to build great software or buy commercial license for software we really want to use, that we can confidently bill our clients several thousands of dollars and not feeling guilty. We all know that development is a very hard work and we spend several hours on the computer screen which is not good for our eyes, and we should let our clients pay for them.
Please let's stop stealing intellectual properties of hardworking developers, it's not good. If you can't afford to buy it at the moment, code it yourself, or rather bill your clients the appropriate fee so you can't buy it and get the job done properly. The earlier we start adopting this, the faster we grow in this ecosystem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Root Of The Problems Of Modern Days Developers In Nigeria by Ademat7(m): 10:00am On Aug 03, 2015
@OP concerning the issue of anti-virus for PC whr we just c anyhw ones around can u gv orientation about it and solution. thanks
Re: The Root Of The Problems Of Modern Days Developers In Nigeria by winexviv: 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ademat7:
@OP concerning the issue of anti-virus for PC whr we just c anyhw ones around can u gv orientation about it and solution. thanks
Ok great. I will write an article about that and publish here. Thank you no bringing it to my notice.

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense For Sale, Anyone? / Free Websites For Churches Only / My Fellow Nairalander's Becareful Of This Email.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.