Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 (904 Views)

Urgent Help Needed Toyota Corolla 03 / Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) / Paint-job Diary: Respray Of 03 Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 by ekeochaeke: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2015
Hi, fellow nairalanders, i have this 03 corolla that i got naija used like 3months ago. The issue is the vehicle seems to lack balance and is wobbly especially when in motion above 80mph. I have changed the bearing, changed the 'camber bushing' twice, changed one hub and also the bow joints. they seemed to have issues before cos i noticed a difference. But the car still wobbles and lacks balance especially on the expressway, and when i am being overtaken. My mechanic says i should change the back tyres but my fear is if i change it would it be a solution to the problem. i cannot determine how long the tyres are because i do not know the history of the car.
The car is ok and working good safe for the seeming imbalance. Pls i need advise.
Re: Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 by oadenuga1: 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
Go ahead and do balancing and alignment. This will cost less than 5k before you buy new tyres. This will show you that the tyres are bad and bend. I want to advice you to buy new tyres not tokunbo but I want you to do the balancing so that you will know yourself before buying. That is your solution
Re: Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
ekeochaeke:
Hi, fellow nairalanders, i have this 03 corolla that i got naija used like 3months ago. The issue is the vehicle seems to lack balance and is wobbly especially when in motion above 80mph. I have changed the bearing, changed the 'camber bushing' twice, changed one hub and also the bow joints. they seemed to have issues before cos i noticed a difference. But the car still wobbles and lacks balance especially on the expressway, and when i am being overtaken. My mechanic says i should change the back tyres but my fear is if i change it would it be a solution to the problem. i cannot determine how long the tyres are because i do not know the history of the car.
The car is ok and working good safe for the seeming imbalance. Pls i need advise.

Jack up one tyre at a time and roll it, if it wobbles, there's ur culprit.
Re: Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 by ekeochaeke: 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
thanks for your advise. But i have done wheel balancing before, that was like 3months ago. i have also done alignment like twice. that's why i am confused and skeptical about the issue.
Re: Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
At this juncture, I'm suspecting bent rims.
Re: Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 by ekeochaeke: 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Pls how can i verify bent rims?
Re: Wobbly Toyota Corolla 03 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
ekeochaeke:
Pls how can i verify bent rims?

GAZZUZZ:

Jack up one tyre at a time and roll it, if it wobbles, there's ur culprit.

angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

KX100 Car Prototype With Digital Dashboard Made By Uniport Students. / Did Toyota Officially Make Any Sports Version Of The 2007-2012 Toyota Camry? / Vespa Plus : The Next Generation Of Italian Electric Scooter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.