Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

What Is Your Police Story? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Your Police Story? (835 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Police Story? by opey112(m): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
There is this policeman we meet on the road,he stopped us for 30mins telling our driver that he was wearing a cap while driving, is it a sin for a driver to wear a face cap?
Re: What Is Your Police Story? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hehehehehehe hehehehehehe men! U don't mean it. Do u?

He should be flogged!
Re: What Is Your Police Story? by opey112(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
vfactor:
Hehehehehehe hehehehehehe men! U don't mean it. Do u?

He should be flogged!

I was like what!dumbfounded.our driver just do the needful.
Re: What Is Your Police Story? by jantofubu(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
police bad gan lol... Op they didnt ask 4 d driver birth cert?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Police Story? by opey112(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
jantofubu:
police bad gan lol... Op they didnt ask 4 d driver birth cert?
some can't even recognize birth certificate I swear.
Re: What Is Your Police Story? by chuka5000(m): 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
If I tell you this some people will say I'm lying but it happened one time that police stopped me along warri asaba road and asked for vehicle papers which I showed them and then seeing they can't get money out of me they to asked me to provide the particulars of the former user (as they thought it was a tokunbo car)
I shock that day.
Re: What Is Your Police Story? by lonelydora: 2:01am On Jul 08, 2015
Police stopped and asked me why "The last 'E' in CENTRE OF UNITY" on my number plate is not as dark as other letters?
Re: What Is Your Police Story? by opey112(m): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2015
chuka5000:
If I tell you this some people will say I'm lying but it happened one time that police stopped me along warri asaba road and asked for vehicle papers which I showed them and then seeing they can't get money out of me they to asked me to provide the particulars of the former user (as they thought it was a tokunbo car)
I shock that day.
omo ur story funny
Re: What Is Your Police Story? by opey112(m): 9:17am On Jul 08, 2015
lonelydora:
Police stopped and asked me why "The last 'E' in CENTRE OF UNITY" on my number plate is not as dark as other letters?
you should have,tell them u will paint it to be darker.LOL

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Police Story? by billy187(m): 9:25am On Jul 09, 2015
Stopped for wearing a cap? A faded 'E' number plate? And they ask for former owner's documents? Nawa for naija polis oooo....

Here in Ghana, the police do love to have their pockets moistened once in a while-but not that badly!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Police Story? by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:42am On Jul 09, 2015
chuka5000:
I shock that day.

Seconded.

I have run into a similar bunch around Benin Byepass around 4pm nearly a year ago and I lost 2 hours for refusing to give a bribe, at the speed I was running, given what I know about that road (cow herder robbers) and uncountable pot holes, I wanted to off the Lokoja Okene road before 5pm and on to the Lokoja Abuja road around 6pm.

First of all I was delayed, then they seconded one of their men to my car and was asked to follow them to the nearby police station, all in an attempt to intimidate me to give them money.

I did not, I lost a lot of time, I nearly reported the matter to those who call the shots, but then I gave up because if I did, the team leader who was about to retire and his dependents would be worse off for it.

The price I had to pay was to sleep on the road rather than run into any more potholes, or a robber barricade or a truck or trailer after a major incident with a pothole around 7.30pm that led to the loss of two brand new tires and continue my journey the next day.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Police Story? by chuka5000(m): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2015
IdaraCHODB:

Seconded.

I have run into a similar bunch around Benin Byepass around 4pm nearly a year ago and I lost 2 hours for refusing to give a bribe, at the speed I was running, given what I know about that road (cow herder robbers) and uncountable pot holes, I wanted to off the Lokoja Okene road before 5pm and on to the Lokoja Abuja road around 6pm.

First of all I was delayed, then they seconded one of their men to my car and was asked to follow them to the nearby police station, all in an attempt to intimidate me to give them money.

I did not, I lost a lot of time, I nearly reported the matter to those who call the shots, but then I gave up because if I did, the team leader who was about to retire and his dependents would be worse off for it.

The price I had to pay was to sleep on the road rather than run into any more potholes, or a robber barricade or a truck or trailer after a major incident with a pothole around 7.30pm that led to the loss of two brand new tires and continue my journey the next day.

If all nigerians can be stubborn enough not to giv them that bribe I guess they'll cool down on their own

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Needs A Ford Galaxy Mechanics In Lagos / Please Help Me My Golf 3 Oil Icon Keep Blinking After Short Distance Acceleratio / What Do I Do With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.