Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

What Book Impacted You The Most? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Book Impacted You The Most? (5317 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / Hey Book Lovers! What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? / What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by tpiander: 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
Rick9:
Ahhahahahahaa na me send her go Italy ?

e fit nor be you nah.

1 Like

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by tpiadotcom: 2:31am On Jul 14, 2015
btw op

impacted has an ambiguous meaning, why not use impressed or something in your thread title, make you nor kill nlers o.

lord have mercy.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 6:48am On Jul 14, 2015
tpiadotcom:
btw op

impacted has an ambiguous meaning, why not use impressed or something in your thread title, make you nor kill nlers o.

lord have mercy.
I know i could'av used impressed, favorite or such but i believe U have read & bcome impressed by loads of books. U might like a book without it impacting you a bit, while after reading others, you notice a change in perspective about a particular issue, people or event. so, can u tell us abt som books u've read?

2 Likes

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by ApexTitan(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
letsbet:
I am currently reading Martian by Andy Weir. The book is a science fiction. Its extremely addictive and well written. The book follows the life of an American astronaut called Mark who got stranded in mars and must improvise to survive.

I came across the book and have started reading it too.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
tpiander:

Have you tried Angela's Ashes by Frankie McCourt.

Wrong submission
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by tpiadotcom: 3:49am On Jul 15, 2015
**give your reasons why you don't like the book**

what was your own submission, let me check it out.

update:

I looked and found none. undecided
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2015
milychocs:

. Wrong submission
Ayy, do you have any good book you'd like to share with us?
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by 2scorehigh(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2015
Strictly for Cash by James Hadley Chase. Unforgettable!
The Partner by John Grishamâ„¢. Unbeatable!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
2scorehigh:
Strictly for Cash by James Hadley Chase. Unforgettable!

The Partner by John Grishamâ„¢. Unbeatable!

John Grisham!!
Thats my all time favorite fiction writer. His writing skills are way out of this world smiley

Who have read
The Firm by John Grisham??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by kingkoboko: 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
As a reader,

HOW TO WIN FRIENDS & INFLUENCE PEOPLE -Dale Carnegie

RICH DAD, POOR DAD

THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING

48 LAWS OF POWER

HOW EUROPE UNDERDEVELOPED AFRICA -Walter Rodney

MISTER GOD, THIS IS ANNA - Fynn

& of course as an author,
The Legend of INDIA VS NIGERIA -King kObOkO

Read the full story about the legendary match here: www.IndiaVsNigeria.com
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
letsbet:

Ayy, do you have any good book you'd like to share with us?

I have read...plenty
But sad to say, not so much these past few years
Twilight was memorable...a recent read
.....I read Americanah too
.....I think I have read Angela's Ashes
But dont remember it...I liked it though....but it may also be another book by the same author

I can forget a book...entirely lipsrsealed
I dunno why

I used to like espionage, crime, thrillers ...but these days I realise I love looong dramas...slow novels people may not bother with, lol
But definitely going to go back to African writers soon as I can
Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
milychocs:

I have read...plenty
But sad to say, not so much these past few years
Twilight was memorable
.....I read Americanah too
.....I think I have read Angela's Ashes
But dont remember it...I liked it though....but it may also be another book by the same author

I can forget a book...entirely lipsrsealed
I dunno why

I used to like espionage, crime, thrillers ...but these days I realise I love looong dramas...slow novels people may not bother with, lol
But definitely going to go back to African writers soon as I can
Cheers
waw, Long dramas and slow novels are fun to read, there usually have a way of keeping the reader in suspence and that helps in hightening the readers enjoyment of the book.

I'll advice you check out Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's novels whenever u av time to do some reading (she wrote Americanah). her novels are amazing...cheers.. smiley
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by ApexTitan(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
letsbet:
I am currently reading Martian by Andy Weir. The book is a science fiction. Its extremely addictive and well written. The book follows the life of an American astronaut called Mark who got stranded in mars and must improvise to survive.

Ok just finished reading The Martian. cool It was a good read.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
ApexTitan:

Ok just finished reading The Martian. cool It was a good read.
Alrite boss!. its good you enjoy reading it.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by ApexTitan(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
letsbet:

Alrite boss!. its good you enjoy reading it.

All thanks to you.

Have you finished reading it yourself? There were certain parts that I had to stay up late just to get through like the part about the dust storm. That was something. Another one was the part when the Hab was breached... Very interesting book I say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by Mustiboy(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2015
Georgematics:
THE BLACK BOY by Robert Wright. i read the book while i was the same age with the aurthor. it really shaped my life and my thought pattern.
richard wright not robert wright, it was my first lenghty novel and still d best I've read followed by purple hibiscus and the wish song of shanara

1 Like

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
ApexTitan:

All thanks to you.

Have you finished reading it yourself? There were certain parts that I had to stay up late just to get through like the part about the dust storm. That was something. Another one was the part when the Hab was breached... Very interesting book I say.
Yes, i have finished reading d book. it was captivating and entertaining i had to binge read it smiley. The dust storm part was very intriguing also that part were Marks suit went into auto mode as he'd been pierced by the antenna and his crew aborted d mission, left him behind thinking he was dead, then the suit had to convert CO2 into nitrogen and later 02, he was literaly saved by the suit and the survival tactics he learned on earth.
Its a great book.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Other Side Of Love / Funny Street Life Quotes! (pictures) / The Teenage Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.