Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Traditional Marriage - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Traditional Marriage (1053 Views)

Mannequin Represents Abroad Based Groom At His Traditional Marriage In The East / Groom Kisses Bride's Ass At Their Traditional Marriage In Festac / Naki Tetteh Shares Her Traditional Marriage Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Marriage by Chukky73(m): 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hej all,
My girlfriend and I are about to get married and we want an independent estimate as to what it would cost to buy the items listed below, for our traditional marriage. We both live in Europe and do not know the present cost of things.
Please help us out as your feedbacks would be graciously appreciated.
What will cost to buy these items in monetary terms? Here it is:

Traditional Marriage List
Bride Price:
1. N3,000 bride price
2. 1 carton of Gulder
3. 1 carton of star
4. 2 crates of mineral
5. 1 life female goat
6. N200 for Ewu Amumbe
7. N600 for 3 goats
8. N200 for mother’s goat
9. 2 kolanuts with N100 for breaking
10. 1 bottle of St Remy
11. 5 kola nuts with N100 for breaking

Ipi Atu:
1. One big long traditional chewing stick and 2 kola nuts.

Itu Ari:
1. 5 big yams
2. N1000 for big fish.

Ipa Mmanya:
1. 9 kola nuts with N100 for breaking it.
2. 2 jars of Ngwo palm wine
3. 1 jar of Nkwu Enu palm wine.
4. 1 bottle of St Remy
5. 4 cartons of Star Beer
6. 2 cartons of Gulder Beer
7. 1 carton of Small Stout
8. 1 crate of Malta Guinness
9. 1 crate of mineral
10. N2000 for Big meat and fish
11. N2000 for Tobacco head, Akanwu, Snuff, Cigarette.

Ewu Nna:
1. 9 big yams
2. 9 kola nuts and N500 for breaking it
3. 1 big goat
4. 1 bottle of St Remy
5. 1 Jar of Ngwo palm wine
6. 1 carton of Star Beer
7. 2 cartons of Gulder beer
8. 1 carton of small stout
9. 1 crate of mineral

Okuko Agwu:
1. 1 Hen
2. 1 carton of Star Beer
3. 1 crate of mineral
4. 5 kola nuts with N100
Women:
1. 10 cartons of Malta Guinness
2. N1000 for jet anwuru
3. N1000 for isi anwuru
4. N1000 for akanwu
5. N1000 for bar soap
6. 8 kola nuts
7. Anara 1 full tray and 1 jet of ose oji
8. Dowry N5000
9. 1 bottle of wine
10. N500 for kola royal support
11. 6 bottles of malt for the traditional counters.

Thank you
Re: Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
i'm compiling the list, brb...
Re: Traditional Marriage by Cutehector(m): 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ebenebe... What kind of name is that..
Re: Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
Half a million,bt seriously,why nt ask her? U guys are suppose to plan it 2geda bt just incase u are looking 4 a cheap bride price,dn"t 4get to go to d east.
Re: Traditional Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
I don't know but I know how to get a wife from anambra without paying for the unnecessary things they demand.
Re: Traditional Marriage by Chukky73(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Half a million,bt seriously,why nt ask her? U guys are suppose to plan it 2geda bt just incase u are looking 4 a cheap bride price,dn"t 4get to go to d east.
Hej Jollyjoy,
Well, your feedback did not specifically address my question as there is no breakdown of what constitutes the things to buy and so forth. At the same time, you were very generic, referring to the 'east' as a place to marry cheaply thereby ignoring the customary, traditional and cultural specificity of individual town or community when it comes to marriage issues.
Having said that, my fiancée told me that it's expensive to marry in their town especially given the fact that I live abroad. She lives in the UK while I live in Denmark. As far as the traditional wedding is concerned, we want to do it moderately, that is, - not to big and not too small. We would do our church wedding here in Europe afterwards and therefore place more premium in it over the traditional one.
The problem is that in this community, it is the elders (sort of the town union) that produce or provide the list for the marriage and not the woman's own family.
Bizarre as it sounds, I really don't want to be exploited or be 'father Christmas' to feed and clothe the entire community just because I live abroad, and as a consequence, I want to have an idea of what it looks like before I take a leap into the process!
Meanwhile, many thanks indeed for 'chipping' in your thoughts.
Re: Traditional Marriage by jmoore(m): 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
Why can't you go to her village and ask them?
All the Okada riders, bricklayers, teachers etc that are married to the women in that community are millionaires, huh?

smh
Re: Traditional Marriage by Catalyst4real: 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
Check out a shared Experience
[Eroti¢/Romance] True Love: How I Slept with my Choir Mistress
http://catalyst4real.com/how-i-slept-with-my-choir-mistress/

(1) (Reply)

Pre Wedding Photos / 10 Little Things We Shouldn't Postpone Till Tomorrow / What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.