Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,325 members, 7,822,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) (45706 Views)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! / ‘new NITEL’ Targets 50m 4G Subscribers / NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Aikon: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Or better still did you use it back then when NITEL was operating fully?

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
FTCC,,, I came late sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by acenazt: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dont know wat dis card was used for but older guys told me it was for the phone booth. Always saw people call at the booths but was too young and ignorant to observe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by idolda: 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
Never even seen it before
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by abubkhr: 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
It is a credit card use for making calls back then at telephone booth provided by NITEL in 1990s.

3 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
My dad and uncles had it,me? Who I wan use am call?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
acenazt:
I know Nitel but mehn dat tym we no get telephone for house so we no det buy card.
its not a phone u use at home, its actually used at Nitel phone booth state.

2 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by acenazt: 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
pinkyruledworld:
its not a phone u use at home, its actually used at Nitel phone booth state.
ahhh great those phone booths. Wondered how my dad contacted his brother in ph then. Was little then
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
That time ehn, na sunday we de go make call!! Queue for there de pass BVN own. angry undecided

I was small but I de follow them go Igoli/Ogoja where the booth was. All they did then was 'Oya, talk to ya aunty' and before I go even talk anything, they'll collect it and say 'O na ekele gi' undecided embarassed

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by sammieguze(m): 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lolzzzz.... Those bad old days when nitel had d monopoly of communication.

U either buy this or u use nipost.

Remember takin this to school then only to realise that the phone booth @ school no de work.

Use it to call international number at ur own risk

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by luigiajah(m): 12:07am On Jul 08, 2015
wow ...i never saw it though.. GET THE LATEST TECH GIST ON http://naijatechguy247..com
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by boman2014: 12:15am On Jul 08, 2015
i use 1000 units to call aboard... men!!! the TIN dey read fast .

8 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by BasseyJ(m): 12:45am On Jul 08, 2015
I used it jor and I'm not that old,

Or am i?
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by encryptjay(m): 2:14am On Jul 08, 2015
Mehn, seeing this for the first time...
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 3:05am On Jul 08, 2015
encryptjay:
Mehn, seeing this for the first time...

Lolz, Encrypted... Surprised though. Last used it 2004 before Nitel was privatised when my popsman was still a NITEL staff.

2 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by 7footre(m): 3:58am On Jul 08, 2015
Well it was sacred at that time. We could only look buh never touch.... I was much younger buh I remember
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by aieromon(m): 4:17am On Jul 08, 2015
Used it my first two years in UNIBEN. I used to buy my own card from Lagos then and wait on the line at the Faculty of Agriculture to make a call.

Phone operators used to charge N5 per unit.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 4:33am On Jul 08, 2015
So old

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 4:46am On Jul 08, 2015
The old man bought me one in primary 5. He wanted to know where we were, per time, outside of the school gates.

The crime rate in Lagos back then was off the charts. Riots, civil liberties protests against the military government, people lynched and burned robbery suspects right on the streets. Gory stuff.

Kept mine in the fridge to replenish the units. I can't remember if it did or not just now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:23am On Jul 08, 2015
acenazt:
ahhh great those phone booths. Wondered how my dad contacted his brother in ph then. Was little then
mayb ur uncle had a CELLULAR, my dad used to hav 1, d antena na die
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 08, 2015
This is how we roll then,showing swag with the card..phone booth things.
Technology is good,imagine queueing to make a silly call then.

4 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by timilehing(m): 5:37am On Jul 08, 2015
That's what boys dey use maintain then before yahoo yahoo con take over

When your unit is below 5, just wrap ur card in nylon & freeze it (in freezer oo) a little, u'll have more than 10units next time you insert it.

Naija ppl don dey outsmart network providers since independence

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Adeoba10(m): 6:08am On Jul 08, 2015
Chai... Back in those days.... Always looking at dat man as if he's druming
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Adesiji77: 6:15am On Jul 08, 2015
*Nostalgic* cool

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by powerfulsettingz: 6:40am On Jul 08, 2015
NITEL we use their cables to spread cloth at the back of our backyard now

Lol...........

2 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by frodobee: 6:42am On Jul 08, 2015
Frodobee :
ESUT nd IMT payphone spots. E get some cheats sef.
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by Tbillz(m): 6:48am On Jul 08, 2015
RATIONING 100UNITS SO AS NOT TO GET IT EXHUASTED(PARENT), WANT TO CALL EVERY NUMBER ON THE CALENDARS AND PAPERS (KIDZ)

1 Like

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by flejnr2(f): 6:55am On Jul 08, 2015
That freezer chilling of the card cheat then was it tho

2 Likes

Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by goldfish80(m): 7:17am On Jul 08, 2015
Lol
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by CaptainAmerica: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2015
Feeling all nostalgic. sad
Re: NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) by iamauxin(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2015
I don't know that bro, but if you know it and you don't have a house of your own now and at least two cars I will still shake you with just one hand..

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.