Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! (22621 Views)

Sale Of Pre-Registered SIM Cards Booms Despite Arrests And Fines / FG Bans Open Registration Of SIM Cards / My Nitel Sim Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
By Prince Charles Offokaja

Nigerians can now get your NITEL SIM card, and start making calls with the network. This is because NITEL has finally rolled out its GSM services, after years of expectations from Nigerian GSM users.

But NITEL faces stiff competition from other networks that have entrenched themselves over the years. Having said that, there are service vacuums they can fill and thereby have a jumping start at winning the hearts and money of Nigerians.

Without further delay, here are 6 tactics NITEL should apply to win the hearts of Nigerians:

1. Don’t Allow Unsolicited/SPAM Messages: One thing NITEL should not do is allow unsolicited spam text messages to be sent to its users. That is one thing that annoys Nigerian GSM users a lot and they can port from a network just because of that.

2. Provide Cheap & Fast Data: Nigerians would surely embrace NITEL if it provides cheap fast data services that enables Nigerians to enjoy their favourite sites like Facebook, Nairaland, Igbodefender and others. But if NITEL data services are poor or too expensive…

3. Provide Cheaper Calls: Look at the call prices your competitors are offering per second, and then charge much cheaper than that. The word would quickly spread and Nigerians will flock to your service.

4. Say No To Poor Network Service Delivery: There is a certain network whose workers have boasted that they always meet their financial target for the year by September every year, and after that they begin to slack in providing good network services – but they don’t mind. NITEL, even if you meet your financial target by March every year, don’t use that as an excuse to slack. Remember: Nigerians are not fools.

To see the remaining, click here:http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2016/04/09/6-things-nitel-should-do-to-get-nigerians-to-buy-its-sim-cards-like-hot-cakes/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by gidimasters(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ok
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by fistonati(m): 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
The data and call's interested me most.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by BluePearls(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
Your thread was really making sense, but ruined it with that stupid link.

5. Help Nigerians (CSR): Imitate those GSM services that have charitable foundations and robust CSR services. In other words, always be seen to give back. Nigerians will love you and flock to you.

6. Provide Excellent Customer Service: Yes, NITEL, you are still government owned, but that doesn’t give you the excuse not to provide great customer service. Monitor your customer service people, and once anyone of them is caught being rude to customers, the person should immediately be sent to a back-room department where they wont be able to speak to your customers and spoil your market.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by BluePearls(m): 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
Op, sorry for pissing on your parade by the way. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
igbodefender:

Nigerians can now get your NITEL SIM card, and start making calls with the network. This is because NITEL has finally rolled out its GSM services, after years of expectations from Nigerian GSM users.

But NITEL faces stiff competition from other networks that have entrenched themselves over the years. Having said that, there are service vacuums they can fill and thereby have a jumping start at winning the hearts and money of Nigerians.

Without further delay, here are 6 tactics NITEL should apply to win the hearts of Nigerians:

1. Don’t Allow Unsolicited/SPAM Messages: One thing NITEL should not do is allow unsolicited spam text messages to be sent to its users. That is one thing that annoys Nigerian GSM users a lot and they can port from a network just because of that.

2. Provide Cheap & Fast Data: Nigerians would surely embrace NITEL if it provides cheap fast data services that enables Nigerians to enjoy their favourite sites like Facebook, Nairaland, Igbodefender and others. But if NITEL data services are poor or too expensive…

3. Provide Cheaper Calls: Look at the call prices your competitors are offering per second, and then charge much cheaper than that. The word would quickly spread and Nigerians will flock to your service.

4. Say No To Poor Network Service Delivery: There is a certain network whose workers have boasted that they always meet their financial target for the year by September every year, and after that they begin to slack in providing good network services – but they don’t mind. NITEL, even if you meet your financial target by March every year, don’t use that as an excuse to slack. Remember: Nigerians are not fools.

To see the remaining, click here:http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2016/04/09/6-things-nitel-should-do-to-get-nigerians-to-buy-its-sim-cards-like-hot-cakes/
Correct guy! U take style advertise your blog

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
BluePearls:
Your thread was really making sense, but ruined it with that stupid link.

5. Help Nigerians (CSR): Imitate those GSM services that have charitable foundations and robust CSR services. In other words, always be seen to give back. Nigerians will love you and flock to you.

6. Provide Excellent Customer Service: Yes, NITEL, you are still government owned, but that doesn’t give you the excuse not to provide great customer service. Monitor your customer service people, and once anyone of them is caught being rude to customers, the person should immediately be sent to a back-room department where they wont be able to speak to your customers and spoil your market.
It's NTEL not NITEL. It's privately owned not government

16 Likes

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 10, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Sir, it is still NITEL but NITEL owns MTEL (not NTEL). Thanks for the effort anyway. cool
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 10, 2016
BluePearls:
Op, sorry for pissing on your parade by the way. wink
Haha! Nothing spoil my Brother.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 10, 2016
fistonati:
The data and call's interested me most.
Bros, they gatz to give us better data plan and online call prices o.
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by veekid(m): 6:45am On Apr 10, 2016
where can we get the sim abeg
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Icecomrade: 6:45am On Apr 10, 2016
The lins
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 10, 2016
All we need is ''Cheap and Fast Data''..
Something Like.....
3.5GB = #1000...

16 Likes

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by jarkbauer: 6:48am On Apr 10, 2016
igbodefender:

Sir, it is still NITEL but NITEL owns MTEL (not NTEL). Thanks for the effort anyway. cool

IT IS NTEL NOT NITEL AND PRIVATELY OWNED

http://ntel.com.ng/ THAT IS THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE

ntel, Nigeria’s 5th mobile network, commences operations in Lagos, Abuja

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/ntel-commences-operations-lagos-abuja/

19 Likes

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by lonelydora: 6:48am On Apr 10, 2016
Op is NTEL's Business Development Manager. grin grin grin

NTEL should give us a map of their network coverage and their office addresses.

You are on point though. That spam message from MTN is very annoying.
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by eitsei(m): 6:48am On Apr 10, 2016
Please, tell me more
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by prince088: 6:51am On Apr 10, 2016
NTEL is out NTEL is out. I dont know where to get their sims in Lagos. Besides there should be a map of their network coverage in areas they luanched. Nothing is on their website. Are this people serious at all?

1 Like

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by edlion57(m): 6:51am On Apr 10, 2016
This is our own....we must promote it..more users more employment
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 10, 2016
Ermmm

I hope they forget calls and focus mainly on internet.
Give me very cheap and moderately fast data and you have your self a customer for life ..

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by fabre4: 6:55am On Apr 10, 2016
igbodefender:

i have reserved my line where do I get my sim card from

1 Like

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by xeexo(m): 6:57am On Apr 10, 2016
[quote author=prince088 post=44567519]NTEL is out NTEL is out. I dont know where to get their sims in Lagos. Besides there should be a map of their network coverage in areas they luanched. Nothing is on their website. Are this people serious at all?[/quote

Same question
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 10, 2016
Naso them dey talk....
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by opalu: 7:01am On Apr 10, 2016
In sane business climes, you could have made a few millions by giving the company this clues. But here, no.
Some 4years ago, I packaged some great ideas and gave to the CEO of struggling newspaper in lagos. I told them that this is just the highlights of the solutions and that I will collect 300k which I won't like to receive all upfront but when my ideas start producing results.
He was happy and said will get to me. The next month I saw them putting to work some of those summary!!
I wasn't surprised when they still folded up less than 9 months later. Something that would have been avoided.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 10, 2016
Customer Service
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Mopolchi: 7:03am On Apr 10, 2016
Number can't be avoided; op u no want make dem sell?
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by acunon: 7:05am On Apr 10, 2016
Let them start the sales of there SIM as I can't wait.
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by mekonglobal(m): 7:05am On Apr 10, 2016
I think at dis time of our life, Gsm shouldnt be our issue of discuss rather, giving solutions to d Apc lead govt how to make fuel available for Nigerians...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by Taeewo(m): 7:10am On Apr 10, 2016
Nice one
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by funmind(f): 7:14am On Apr 10, 2016
Good points!
Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by hectorswag(m): 7:20am On Apr 10, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Exactly! It's called NTEL not NITEL, I was starting to get confused. Thanks for clearing the air.

Op please modify ur title.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Things NITEL Should Do To Get Nigerians To Buy Its SIM Cards Like Hot Cakes! by donbrowser(m): 7:20am On Apr 10, 2016
The OP even listed his website "igbodefender" as part of popular sites that subscribers should enjoy cheap data to access...

Stop smoking wet weed

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Startpack >> How To Migrate >> Benefits >> Tariffs And Bonuses / WhatsApp Banned My Number, Help / Twitter User Laments Over Exploded Samsung Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.