Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,724 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. (29509 Views)

DPO Arrested Over Escape Of Suspected Ritualist In Rivers / WASSCE Candidate, Father, Mother Killed By Ritualist In Lagos (pic) / Boy With Hunchback Killed By Ritualist In Delta (graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by horlus(m): 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
You have the time to listen to them and follow them around. Psheeeeew. A 5year old should know better. They are not ritualists. They are scammers. And you my friend you're greedy. They are looking for people like you coz if you had money you would have fallen victim.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by bikefab(m): 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
Bros these guys aren't ritualists, they're '419ners'. That strategy has been almost everywia in d east, but its faded now. Be mindful of them, they can use jazz on u to get ur benjamins.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by Ahmadgani(m): 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
They are not ritualists, they fraudsters. Came accross them in keffi.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by delishpot: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

You are an AFRICA MAGIC channel addict, aren't you?

Your detailed explanation gave you away. Quite telling.cheesy

Habaaa, bros not so o. I know pkenty people rgey gave hit. My neighbours teenage help was also a victim, my great aunt was hit abd 10 yrs or so ago, they tried to hit me. Same modus operandi
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by repogirl(f): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
Op, you get time listen to their story oooo, I met quite a few years ago back in lagos...anytime they say they are foreigners looking for somewhere, someone or something, I dont even bother to listen anymore....I just walk on.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by Splinz(m): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Thanks be to God. However, someone I knew wasn't that lucky, just about two weeks ago in Lagos (Jakande). She was told the same old story, hynotized and defrauded. For her, all her life savings was withdrawn using her ATM card. Once again, thanks be to God for your life, OP.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by emzila(m): 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dis is how many nigerians carelessly throw themselves into the hands hands of d ritualist. or are my d only person that notice that dis guy is greedy and careless to had gone that far with those guys? If dos guys were to be diabolic in converting their victims, this guy would have give them all the chances they needed to trap him. May God save us from d spirit of self distraction.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by 9jatatafo(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Those guys weren't ritualists but wash wash men. OP you even tried for evening listening.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by Paretomaster(m): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
OP, u said they thought u r silly? I think u r, cos I see no reason y u will fall for such an old trick, up to d point of following them.

Besides there is Destiny plaza at Ganaja junction.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
debetmx:

The OP is a learner. This thing had been in Lagos b4 year 2000. Dem no see pple defraud for Lag again sef.

They are fraudsters and not ritualist.

Learner abi omomo.
That trick has been since early 90s I don't even believe they still do it not to talk of getting victims.
@ OP you would ve been victimised if u met with their big shots,cos u said they changed the N500,the big shots would have washed dollars in ur presence and give u to go and change it and shown u more specimen they need chemical to wash.I bet u won't think 2ce to invest all u can lay hands on
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by Omotayor123(f): 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
JOKLEVIZ:
Have read a lot about this kind of stuffs here on nairaland and other site but today I had an experience of it.

I went out at about 5:30pm to get some drugs from my sister, she ws with a headache getting to GTbank junction, if you live in lokoja you should know there is popularly called fen junction. I met a man that approach me, he has this french asset and claims he is frm togo, he is lost hear in lokoja since two days ago he has been looking for his business partner tht owns a plaza call destiny plaza main while I have never heard of such plaza in lokoja.

their was a man in front of me going I never knew they were together but they pretend like they haven't met before saying we should help locate the woman.

I ask him why not called her, he said a lady in a hotel took him in and drug him and she went away with his BB phones and his $2000. He said he brought goods english gold BB phones,laptops that he MUST sell dem before going back to his ship @apapa lagos. The other guy now said he should take us to see the goods to confirm.. Was even pleading that we should not cheat him or kill him after we went to the reverend sister house, he kept it that she has gone to parish I said ok... He gave the other guy a paper he said his father gave to dangote, goodluck and buhari in exchange for oil that we should pour water and the color will change, mind you the paper was brown before I could buy water and return the guy folded it in his arm but I could see red between his fingers, after pouring water he open his hand and it was #500 remember #500 has a lot of red and I saw it they think am stupid, the so called togo man said he has 1milion copies of the paper that we should buy the chemical(all purpose mercury oxide) that #220,000 with our money since a gal stole all he has.. I told them am a student even 1k I can't give dem.

The other said he will buy it... Ma fellow nairalanders pls which atm can give you #220000 in a day... He finally brought it and said the hospital said is very conc we need to dilute it and can only be done by a mortuary attendant for free.
We all went to meet d so called attendant on d road opposite ocean bank he started sayin all manner of lies.. For only mixing this he went to forest fr 21days fasting, I refuse to enter the car, the Togo sat in front and other guy bhind I later join him I refuse to shot the door, they try all they culd to make me shot d door but I refuse.. They nw said let's pray I refuse to close ma eyes they beg me I stll refuse den he strted givin prophecies I just laugh after I arrive @my conclusion tht dy are ritualist i told them this" if u finish go and mixed dis tin and give dis man money to back to togo to his father and slam the door" this was d number I collect from them. 08097557997. 08094065945 if your family are in lokoja warn to be careful especially foreigners tht claim to be lost in nigeria.
They are not ritualist... Just 419. I mean fraudsters. Ritualist would have taken you by force. .

Mind you, they are Everywhere. God save us.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by osnova(m): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Starships4u:
Guy u for write thank GOD it was a dream cos it looks culled from UGO. C. UGO
......guy no be ugo.c.ugo. matter....... last year during the Christmas eve that kind of guys approached mua .#dem no no say I be agunkwo amuru na onitsha#guru

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by ladenz(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
OP. Next time they approach you just give them a 5 minute sermon in your queens English. Na them go pick race. Awon oloshi. angry
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by smartwengslamatt: 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
tiz like u wia almost carried away man lol. d dumb heads ain't got oda strategies. itz d same old-school gimmick they're using? vagabonds!!!!!
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by engrolawei: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
JOKLEVIZ:
Have read a lot about this kind of stuffs here on nairaland and other site but today I had an experience of it.

I went out at about 5:30pm to get some drugs from my sister, she ws with a headache getting to GTbank junction, if you live in lokoja you should know there is popularly called fen junction. I met a man that approach me, he has this french asset and claims he is frm togo, he is lost hear in lokoja since two days ago he has been looking for his business partner tht owns a plaza call destiny plaza main while I have never heard of such plaza in lokoja.

their was a man in front of me going I never knew they were together but they pretend like they haven't met before saying we should help locate the woman.

I ask him why not called her, he said a lady in a hotel took him in and drug him and she went away with his BB phones and his $2000. He said he brought goods english gold BB phones,laptops that he MUST sell dem before going back to his ship @apapa lagos. The other guy now said he should take us to see the goods to confirm.. Was even pleading that we should not cheat him or kill him after we went to the reverend sister house, he kept it that she has gone to parish I said ok... He gave the other guy a paper he said his father gave to dangote, goodluck and buhari in exchange for oil that we should pour water and the color will change, mind you the paper was brown before I could buy water and return the guy folded it in his arm but I could see red between his fingers, after pouring water he open his hand and it was #500 remember #500 has a lot of red and I saw it they think am stupid, the so called togo man said he has 1milion copies of the paper that we should buy the chemical(all purpose mercury oxide) that #220,000 with our money since a gal stole all he has.. I told them am a student even 1k I can't give dem.

The other said he will buy it... Ma fellow nairalanders pls which atm can give you #220000 in a day... He finally brought it and said the hospital said is very conc we need to dilute it and can only be done by a mortuary attendant for free.
We all went to meet d so called attendant on d road opposite ocean bank he started sayin all manner of lies.. For only mixing this he went to forest fr 21days fasting, I refuse to enter the car, the Togo sat in front and other guy bhind I later join him I refuse to shot the door, they try all they culd to make me shot d door but I refuse.. They nw said let's pray I refuse to close ma eyes they beg me I stll refuse den he strted givin prophecies I just laugh after I arrive @my conclusion tht dy are ritualist i told them this" if u finish go and mixed dis tin and give dis man money to back to togo to his father and slam the door" this was d number I collect from them. 08097557997. 08094065945 if your family are in lokoja warn to be careful especially foreigners tht claim to be lost in nigeria.
instead of going to get the antidote to your sister's head ache, you went gallivanting with fraudsters in a bid to make cash for your girlfriend in school, eh? Did u finally get your sister her panadol?
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by andyanders: 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nonsense story. This is 419 which has been in existence.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by limamintruth: 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
JOKLEVIZ:

Thank God for your life
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by ufelove(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
Starships4u:
Guy u for write thank GOD it was a dream cos it looks culled from UGO. C. UGO
Dude!. It ain't a dream oo.. Funny Tho!. Sometime last year, went to get a phone at ikeja when a man walked up to me : looking distressed, he asked where he can find Xplaza( can't recall the name of the plaza ) claiming he's from cotonou and he has phones to deliver at the Plaza. So I asked him where the phones were and he said : In a taxi under the bridge, he tried to convince me to follow him but I bluntly refused ( I was walking while he was talking to me ) he said he's afraid of being cheated that I should take him to a place where he can sell the phones quickly cos he has to go back to cotonou that same day. " Please help me, I heard that they cheat people here" he said. Then Fish started to smell if you know what I mean. I faced him and said" Dude!. This is Computer village, walk into any shop and offer your goods for sale, I don't know anyone".then a guy came from behind and asked me " Kilofe" (what does he want?), gave him a hint and dashed off. Little did it occur to me that they could be together or even be ritualist. Does this Sound like another dream?. Nah God save my skin oo.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by tranxo(m): 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
JOKLEVIZ:

Na so you hate your sister reach? All this while headache dey hammer am. Smh.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by JayJustus(m): 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
French asset what?? nigga please

accent

#RowsKayakOuttaThread
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by thelish(f): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
this was exact thing DAT happened to me some yes ago at awka.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
Something similar happen to me here in Benin. I was in ring road one Saturday, one dude just approached me and ask me of a place i have never heard of, i told him i didn't know the place, then another guy was passing he called the guy to ask him of the same place and d guy said he didn't know and as i was about to walk away the guy said he is from Senegal and doesn't know anybody here.he said a woman he supply goods is owing him 2000dollars and he said he even have more goods to sell like laptops.. Then the other guy said he called earlier said "them do cheat this guy" then i look at his eyes and know they were connected somehow so i just walk away.

I later heard similar thing happen to a girl 2days earlier in the same place, they told her they have diamond to sell, the girl foolishly followed them and they charm her and collect 5k and her phone from her... When they have left that was when she realised she have being scamed. Its an old trick sha
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by sunsewa: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
JOKLEVIZ:

I have encountered them far back 1995 at bale str close boundary Ajegunle,when i was managing my uncle biz still awaiting my jamb,same line of story like urs,Liberia duped by olosho,a sailor,has consignment of frigdes and televisions in the wharf,but the most important is the mercury chemical to wash 50naira note he has,he stopped somebody passing by,not knowing he was a companion,he was shouting in excitement,after hearing the above story from the Liberian accent sailor,thereby hyping the man and story, and raising my interest,we went to a house near CPM bus top awodi ora ajegunle,he did something with a liquid in ink color inside washing hand basin and brought out #50 note,and now asked me how much do I have to invest in buying chemical, so he can wash 1m for me,I remembered 36k I intended using to restock my uncle shop the next 2 days,and I promised him to bring it that day, so that the deal will be done,so they made me take an oat before leaving that I will not tell anyone or else I run mad,as I was abt leaving, they collected all cash in my wallet,and left #50 for me,I got home and think abt it,I became suspicious,I wanted to ask another uncle staying with us abt it,but I remember the oat,but he saw my mood and demanded the cause, I asked him whether breaking of oat will be harmful to me,he sensed the game as old school,and calmed my fears and I told him the whole story,and the game was off.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by tranxo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
Guidette:
@Op this was very painful to read. MY EYES!!!!
lol
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by Xyg12: 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
I had this kind of experience as a student though the story then, didn't look matured to trick me.

In my case, the guy came with lots of goods eg Computers and Smart phones and happens to know a certain reverend sister. I told him that kbniwn a reverend sister has made it easy for him. That he shouldn't be looking for someone to buy it that am sure sister will connect him to someone selling PC ansmartphone .

They tried persuading me to join them.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by iykeaniogbe(m): 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
Alexander001:
Thank your God.
I dey feel like obasanjo..na so front page sey sweet bt wait I could remember vividly that I commented before the guy above me. How did he do that? with the time difference of 4 minutes, I have no case. if not I for sue you for chancing.
see as u dey happy say u enter FTC with dis kind post wey be like say na my gate man dey write essay...
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by DiegoNakel(m): 9:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
It has happened to me the same way you explained and described the incident !!!
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by texazzpete(m): 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
One thing is clear.

The op - if this story is true - is quite daft. Accompanying strangers to strange places. Smh
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by xcommando(m): 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
They are not ritualists,they are 419 that formular is an old formular it does not work again in kano.i met one like that in Kano abt 7 to 8years ago along Lagos street.The guy just came to me that he is looking for heaven avenue,i told him have been in this town for years there is no heaven avenue.He started his stories.... He's from togo he came to look For hajia Binta she is oweing money,he brought hollandies,camera, phones,gold,bla......bla.....mean while as he was talking one other guy was passing,he called the guy too that one nh said we should help him out since he has some goods from togo.
Na long story jor. I just told that other guy to help me, for me am a student i dont have money,both of them tried to convince me to follow them to Badawa.bt nah lie.
Immediately they left i went to back of one trailer and check if my 'blokos' are still complet or missing before they disappear
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by Alexander001(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
iykeaniogbe:
see as u dey happy say u enter FTC with dis kind post wey be like say na my gate man dey write essay...
maybe na your popsy write am. grin
iykeaniogbe:
maybe na your popsy write am.
Re: My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
Terrible writing, but I get the gist sort of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Child Kidnapper Caught In Lagos, Beaten To Pulp & Almost Burnt By Mob (Pics) / Police Recover Vehicles, Motorcycles Used During Ekiti Deadly Bank Robbery / Two Arrested For Killing A Woman In Kano Over Blasphemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.