Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR (3848 Views)

Pictures Of A Pimped Peugeot 504 / Boy Constructs 'Keke Napep' With Slippers In Port Harcourt (Photos) / "MMM Why?" Spotted On A Keke In Asaba Today. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by holusormi(m): 2:24am On Jul 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

my brother these Nairaland so called acclaimed car guru ..I am yet to see their engine drawing where students in unizik and unilag are producing cars

give up on em...I have done that ages

Bros, apologize to the man Siena!!! .... Don't make a fool of yourself anymore , just throw in the towel and let peace reign
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by tonychristopher: 7:17am On Jul 11, 2015
holusormi:

Bros, apologize to the man Siena!!! .... Don't make a fool of yourself anymore , just throw in the towel and let peace reign

Siena is my man any day and I am not quarrelling with him to be honest and I like his approach what I do not like is the people calling others down

to be honest if we can have a start like this it will be good . I am just tired of the high western consumerism's of Nigeria . we need to start doing things

I think it's people like you that make fool out of yourself by doing the herd mentality

why use that term fool.
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by tonychristopher: 7:29am On Jul 11, 2015
Siena:

With all due respect, I will tell you this.

I have carried out automobile modifications here in the UK, that have been magazine featured by:

GTI Special #6.
Fast Car.
Performance VW.

Now when you modify cars in the Western world, these cars MUST have independent inspection, and once passed, will be issued with an engineer's report. This means the vehicle is deemed safe for use on public roads. Without these, you couldn't get the car through an MOT test. Meaning you couldn't register the car or tax it. Also, you would NOT get insurance.

All my cars pass inspection, despite very little remaining of the original cars. My modifications are safe, and functional. Just like my current 2 projects will be.

Here are some extracts from Fast Car Magazine. This was built in 1997, and went through 3 paint jobs, and 2 engine transplants. I won't give any more details, it's all perfectly legible, if you care to read:

yes

now these are the things engineers do that make me respect them and I think you earned it. I will love to s meet u when next I am in UK ..it seems you have many followers here and I am a different but to crack me but you won me

now what is your take on that keke thing ...what I expected from them is to make suggestions on how it can be bettered instead they wrote it off

it pisses me off.. so what's your take
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2015
Christopher, my take on the modified trike?

Honestly, there isn't much that can be done. When you extend the wheelbase on even a regular 4-wheeled vehicle, you also alter the Ackerman angle. It's a scientific fact. The same applies to this trike. Unfortunately, this will NOT favour handling. The angle between the steering rack (does it have one?) is way too steep.

There are tons of decent cars to modify, the trike just isn't one of them.
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by tmanis(m): 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
tonychristopher:

my brother these Nairaland so called acclaimed car guru ..I am yet to see their engine drawing where students in unizik and unilag are producing cars

give up on em...I have done that ages

undecided undecided
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by peterjero(m): 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
Siena:

That old chestnut? The age-old defense the average Nigerian uses, in an attempt to get the upper hand in a debate.

Tell me something bro, how many qualified engineers do YOU know, who have manufactured components in let's say a cordless drill, despite being qualified for 30-odd years?

There are more engineers who throughout their useful working years will NEVER manufacture a car. This does NOT make them any less qualified than the minority who will go on to design and build power units.

Remodelling an existing vehicle into the mess above does NOT qualify one to be described as a major brain

Understanding the fundermentals behind how an existing engine works, and what makes a structure SAFE makes one worthy of praise, one who has done their homework, and who will go far in the automotive industry.
You've
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
peterjero:

You've

I've what, Peter?
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by peterjero(m): 12:30am On Jul 12, 2015
Siena:

I've what, Peter?
You have what it takes to make a social revolution, the black is weak in all angle hence their weak defence all the time.
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by peterjero(m): 12:34am On Jul 12, 2015
But daddy(I gave you this title) Siena, I have an axe to grind with you.
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by Mariecakes(f): 12:40am On Jul 12, 2015
Diris Serious ooo cheesy but very cool
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 12, 2015
peterjero:
But daddy(I gave you this title) Siena, I have an axe to grind with you.

Sheesh. What have I done this time? undecided undecided
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by peterjero(m): 4:02am On Jul 12, 2015
Siena:

Sheesh. What have I done this time? undecided undecided
When it's an emergency you don't answer us, please answer your bbm is virtually not working or have you changed your device, thank you sir.
Re: Great KEKE Pimped In CALABAR by tonychristopher: 9:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Siena:

Prattle talk? No better than you stating my previous write-up was cràp. Meaning you have nothing useful to add to your previous effort. You've still failed to dissect my argument, you're simply making a blanket statement because it covers your inadequate knowledge of anything technical.

Compliment the guy that messed up a perfectly good trike? Why would I do that, when he's achieved nothing?

And please, stop playing the "seeing black as inferior to white" card, it's useless here. Sentiment has no place when it comes to appreciating technology, regardless of which race were involved in it's production.

Just do you know, I'm a proud Nigerian, superior in my own field, and neither Negroes, Asian or Caucasian have any issues working under my direction.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between Sleeving And Half Engine? / Siena: Golf IV VR6 Automatic Transmission??? / Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.