Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Change - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Change (576 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

Change by MrStellar(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
LET THERE BE posiTIVE + CHANGE INDEED!!!

The old life style in my country started when I was still in Pry 0ne, 1999. Then , my thought was that things were better, I remember a day I was blowing the two Whistles (I bought)at once all around the school premises. Hmm... my happy mood which connoted a better life then. Not knowing that i will keep collecting #2 as refreshment fee still. Not sad that I have not a first degree yet.

It was audible to the deaf and even visible to blind what happened for 15 yearS in my country, Nigeria. My heart kept burning and always felt like helping people anytime I heard them murmuring because of hunger. Citizens kept managing. The only subject people could remember were Economics and Mathematics.... :Hmmm , always economizing. Ha! ...The pauperism, pauperhood or pauperdom got to a stage some prudent people started hand-picking waste nylons from any event center, to keep in advance anybody asked them to sell for recycling. OMG! Do you remember the time some people were looking for wall clock pendulum all just in the name of hunger which I was involved in it too., yoruba called it "Epon Ago". I searched everywhere; my mother church, mosques when passing, and especially my ground father's parlor, hmm... all just to earn living for myself and people around me. Ha! what an impecunious or a penniless behaviour was that !
Chai! I understand one thing for sure that you can elucidate what Nigeria used to be, even more than I do. Well, If there is no struggle, there is no progress.

Now that there is change, I pray it is real. Do you remember that change doesn't come over night? Be hopeful but let's understand that the bible says "...as body without spirit is dead, so as faith without work". I really pray God gives the new leader the wisdom and strength to placate hunger pandemonium and also solve the issues on ground. But "if anyone among you doesn't work, let not such a one eat, for the Lord our God hates the lazy" I believe that Unity stands firm when you share to care "Don't let him who eats despise him who doesn't eat. Don't let him who doesn't eat judge him who eats, for God has accepted him " says The Holy Book.

To improve is to change and to be perfect is to change often, Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes. I want to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself, but mind you, you can't change what you are, only what you do, that's true life.

Albert Einstein said “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking." Let's forget about the past, Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”- C.S. Lewis.
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. said Mahatma Gandhi
I pray a year to come, we wish we have started today before. and I also pray we foresee the smallest decisions that can change our lives forever.

BY: ADEOYE Oluwafemi D (Mr Stellar)

She Stays (poem) / Letter To My Unborn Child '2015' / IJELE