Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? (7767 Views)

For Atm Users, See The 20 Most Guessed Atm Pin Numbers / Lagos Airport Fire Averted / Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Download It Here Now Now!!!!! FOR ALL ANDROID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by BabyGirl5: 11:22am On Mar 26, 2009
Why doesn't the banks just put a daily limit on how much can be redrawn from the ATM's machines, this limit should also be low to avoid people loosing large sums of money, so even if soemone goes to different ATM's machine, once the daily limit has been reached that's that. also, if people want to redraw large sums on the same day, then they'll just have to go into the bank with their ID.
Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by gReenmAn(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2009
Posted by: neuman
Insert Quote
Hey guys, can you have a look at that last picture and seewhat a cloned card looks like.
I am not sure there is any Nigerian bank that uses such a whiteish ATM card, Please let everyone apread this picture on every site and the story too.

Yeah I noticed that too, so out of the ordinary.
Mehn, this guy is a bas[b]K[/b]ard!!! angry
Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by Remii(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2009
BabyGirl_1:

Why doesn't the banks just put a daily limit on how much can be redrawn from the ATM's machines, this limit should also be low to avoid people loosing large sums of money, so even if someone goes to different ATM's machine, once the daily limit has been reached that's that. also, if people want to redraw large sums on the same day, then they'll just have to go into the bank with their ID.

There is daily limit of N100,000 in 5 consecutive draw of N20,000 each with other banks and N40,000 with your bank ATM.
Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by BabyGirl5: 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
If N100.000 a day seems high for anyone on an average salary to loose in a day, I think the banks should concern reducing the amount.
Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by 7eleven: 10:56pm On Mar 26, 2009
Hmm, I am sure some one must know this guy. The Pix is clear enough. Doesn't look like a hausa guy,  has a semi bald head ,  is rather chubby ,   height about 5 foot 10' plus, (Don't ask me how I know, I read a lot of Shelock Holmes novels),  Has a choclate complexion,  Er I think the guy's picture should be placed in front of the NL page, so more pple can see if they know him.

Mr. Neuman press the bank 2 give u the photos of ur thief, I don't see why they should not give u the photo, unless they
don't have it. it will go a long way to help u find the culprit.

http://buzz.6te.net

Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by Remii(m): 2:48am On Mar 27, 2009
BabyGirl_1:

If N100.000 a day seems high for anyone on an average salary to loose in a day, I think the banks should concern reducing the amount.

I think the bank should let people set maximum daily limit based on individual risk factor, setting blanket lower limit would remove the ATM convineice. There are days people need money in excess of N100k  and unable to get to bank before closing hours or even weekend. UBA used to be N200,000 but reduced to N100K to reduce customer losses in case of card theft.
Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by Theblessed(f): 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2009
Just seek advice from the West because they started it before you some 30yrs ago if not more.  They have more experience in dealing with this kind of thing than you, ok! 

But may I ask, when you receive this advise, can Nigerian Banks afford it, implement it and maintain it?  Hmmm! It is expensive to maintain and whether Nigerian Banks can afford the challenges is another thing because Nigerian is known for not maintaining things.  They like new things - new technology, cars etc but once these things breaks down that's the end of it.  I don't think they can meet the challenges.  For example, they spent millions setting up a Satellite in Space with the help of their Chinese friends when they should have spent that money on something tangible for many Nigerians and now the Satellite is damaged or broken down who will pay for the R E P A I R S?  Someone some where is planning a way of defrauding the Federal Govt money by claiming they will get someone to repair it.  Well, Nigeria has no Space Engineers have they?  Now, we gonna pay someone or some countries millions to do this job when we need this money ourselves to look after our people.  Do we really need this kind of investment? And if we do, have we really benefitted from it and how? Before this Satellite programme, Nigerians still managed their technological lives well alongside other countries of the world and they are still doing so now with or without this satellite - now does it really worth investing more in it?  So, if Nigeria is trying to play with the BIG boys they should ensure they have what it takes to meet the challenges it will impose on them and stop borrowing skills there and tools here when they have not got their own thus, wasting our money and deeping our people severely into poverty and more sufferings.
Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by frag(m): 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2009
Wait till the nuclear power plant comes, grin
Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by lexdino: 9:37am On Mar 29, 2009
The truth is that protecting your pin is not enough, i know some guys who only need to get hold af an ATM card and the work is done. smiley
Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by emiemi(f): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2009
lexdino:

The truth is that protecting your pin is not enough, i know some guys who only need to get hold af an ATM card and the work is done. smiley

Iyen tun ko? This country is full of shit!!

I remember the maximum you can withdraw used to be 40000, why was it increased to 100, 000
considering the kind of nation that we are in? This has increased the risk geometrically in a case
like the poster's? And I bet, he might not be able to get his money back. How many more people
have fallen victim of ATM fraud who are not internet users and who won't know how to go about
the loss? Argghhh angry
Re: How Can ATM Theft Be Averted? by iptech: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2009
ITHERE IS A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM:

I HAVE A SOLUTION TO IT: USING A FINGERPRINT TECHNOLOGY THAT WILL INTEGRATE WITH THE ATM MACHINE.

THEREFORE, USERS WILL HAVE TO BE AUTHENTICATED BY THIER FINGERPRINT INSTEAD OF PIN.

WITH THIS NO ONE CAN DUPLICATE YOUR PRINT, SINCE THE SYSTEM WORKS WITH LIFE FINGER grin

I HAVE OTHER SOLUTIONS FOR SINGLE USERS AND ENTERPRISE(COMPANY); THAT IS A SOLUTION THAT YOU CAN USE TO REPLACE YOUR LOGONS WITH YOUR FINGERPRINT(SOMETHING YOU CAN FORGET);

* WINDOWS LOGON
* EMAIL LOGONS
* APPLICATION, FILE AND FOLDER LOCK WITH YOUR FINGERPRINT
*ETC

FOR ENQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT ME: 08025778731 OR 07063413279

I AM ALSO INTO INSTALLATION/SUPPORT OF SECURITY AND SAFETY SYSTEMS: IP VIDEO AND DIGITAL CCTV SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS, GPS CAR TRACKING, BIOMETRIC TIME & ATTENDANCE SYSTEM, BIOMETRIC ACCESS CONTROL, BIOMETRICE INTEGRATION, FINGERPRINT DOOR LOCK, HOTEL ELCTRONIC LOCK, FIRE AND INTRUDER ALARM WITH GSM DIALER.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Open And Verify A Nigeria Paypal Account / DSTV Explorer: Can You Recover Deleted Recordings? / How To Make Fake Video Call On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.