Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Fraud In My Place Of Work... Must Read!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fraud In My Place Of Work... Must Read!! (305 Views)

This Snake Was Killed In My Place Of Work Today / Crocodiles Place Of Worship? / See The Snake A Nairalander Killed At His Place Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fraud In My Place Of Work... Must Read!! by ConfessionsNgr: 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
I work in the sales department of one of the leading manufacturing companies in Nigeria, and recently I have been promoted as a stock controller in one of our branches. However, on resumption of duties in my new place of assignment I carried out an audit on the stock available so as to get myself acquainted with what is going on in the branch. On carrying out this assessment, I found out so many irregularities in the books. I found out that the stocks were not balanced as at when due and there was a huge shortage as regards what is in the book and what is available. On further investigation, I found out that the sales personnel have this attitude of not fully declaring what has been sold. In other words they tend to keep the money for their personal use and pay back when they are able to. This is what has caused the irregularity that I saw in the books. Presently, there is a shortage of close to Four hundred thousand and when I traced it, I was able to pin point the sale man that was responsible for this. When I confronted him with the books, he honestly appealed to me that he actually used the money to offset his wife’s medical bill when she delivered through caesarian section and that before the end of the month he would put back the money. I felt pity for him and understood his action, but this was against the company’s policy and if they find out about this it will lead to the sack of so many people, including myself. I was made to understand that this is what has been going on and they have been getting away with it. Right now they see me as a spoil sport since they know that I am not ready to play ball. I am not ready to take the fall for somebody else’s misdemeanor. My problem right now is that if I should escalate this, it will lead to the sack of this man, but on the other hand if our auditors should find this out, I will also be shown the way out, although it will take a careful person like me to see these irregularity when the account is finally balanced, but if they do find out just like I found out, I will be an accessory to the crime and that is what I want to avoid. On the other hand, I don’t want to sack somebody from his job, so what do I do?

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/131/fraud-in-my-place-of-work
Re: Fraud In My Place Of Work... Must Read!! by itsMrIke(m): 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
Do the right thing, irrespective of whose horse gets gored.

Give him till the end of this month (only if you know there won't be an audit before then) and if doesn't pay back, write an official letter/query to him demanding his compliance and copy the right quarters. If he still won't play ball, send the copied query to the right people and know you have done your best to help the man.

You can't risk your job for someone else abeg

(1) (Reply)

Open Memo To Buhari / Be My JUDGE. 6YRS With Some Months / Analyze Your Entire Data Set And Then Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.