Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

It's A Scam- Don't Fall For It! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / It's A Scam- Don't Fall For It! (623 Views)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It / BVN Scam!! Don't Be Fooled!! / Abiodun Egunjobi, 'Godogodo', Armed Robber's Fall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's A Scam- Don't Fall For It! by PMIcon(m): 7:10am On Jul 09, 2015
I received this scam email. This one seems less creative than a previous one I have received because it says I made a request that I didn't.

"Dear Valued Customer
Microsoft account update
We received a request to terminate your Microsoft account ******@live.com (my email address). We will process your request shortly

To cancel request to terminate your account ******@live.com : Double Click To Update

To help keep you safe, update now. If your ******@live.com is not update before July 10, 2015 you will be automatically delete form our service.
Thanks,
The Microsoft account

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052."

Why is it not authentic?

1. I didn't make any request.
Don't say maybe you forgot. If any mail says you did what you are not sure you did, please delete. Don't click on any link in the mail and don't follow any instruction it may contain.

2. (You will not see this in the above) The colour is the same but of different shade in the same line.
Never miss this! Although the mail was sent in blue, the shade of blue was lighter on the "Dear". A sign of alteration from probably an original mail.

Sometimes it is the font difference rather than colour you will notice. Some other times you will notice unclear features- the content just appears not as presentable as you would expect from a standard website.

3. Grammatical error
While once in a while you may find errors on blogs and websites of companies, never ignore grammatical errors from an unsolicited mail from a big or financial corporation or mails that request or suggest ( by colour displays, link provision with or without direct instruction etc) you click on any link.
You may have noticed the use of present tense where past tense should have been used in the above mail (like "update" instead of "updated" ) .

Read more here:http://boominn..com/2015/07/scam-email-dont-fall-for-it.html?m=1

cc: Lalasticlacla
Re: It's A Scam- Don't Fall For It! by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 09, 2015
I usually laugh at their mails. If I am going to be scammed it would not be through this.

It will be capitalizing on my charity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

33-yr-old Man Commits Suicide In Ondo Over Job Loss / ASP Led Land Grabbers To Kill My Son--father / 42 Days After Festac Businessman Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.