Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,501 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation (929 Views)

Majek Fashek Attends House On The Rock Church, Lagos (Photos) / Linda Ikeji And Majek Fashek Strike A Pose / Majek Fashek Is Back, Leaves Rehab For The First Time (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation by JSayin(f): 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2015

A Nigerian Lady named Monica Omorodion Swaida who toured with Majek Fashek all over the world, as set up a GoFundMe account hoping to raise $20,000 (approximately N4.8m) to help the talented musician undergo drug therapy.

Monica has so far raised a little above $2,0000.

The link to the account can be found here: http://www.gofundme.com/wzjmkc4

Below is what she has to say;

My name is Monica Omorodion Swaida, As a teenager, I had the opportunity to go on tour with Majek Fashek in Africa and Abroad. I played on stage with Majek last in NYC. Majek was compared to the late Icon Bob Marley. He was one of the greatest singer and guitarist in Nigeria. He came to America and even went as far as singing in David Letterman's show. Majek put Nigeria on the map when it comes to music. Today, Majek is seen in the streets of Lagos looking for petty change to buy food and drinks. Majek looks sickly and fray. He is looking haggard! How can a national hero be left on the street like that? We must do something to take care of this man. No matter the problems majek has, whether drugs related, Spiritual , or mental related problems, it doesn't matter. Everyone can be saved! let's come together and help him.
The family of Majek just recently got their legal papers in America and can now travel. But they need your support. They can't do this alone. They have not been in Nigeria for over 20 years. But they want to help their dad now. I will personally go with the wife Rita Majek and the first Son Randy Majek to Nigeria to join others fighting for this cause to help Majek. Please fans all over the world, let us help save this legend while he is still alive. God bless those reading this. Amen!

I think what she is doing is very commendable. I hope he gets help before it is too late.
Re: Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation by hawk05(m): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nwann
Re: Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
As much as this is commendable on the part of the lady helping to raise the funds.

I don't subscribe to people using their own hands to kill themselves with the dangerous lifestyle they live only to fall back to "well meaning Nigerians" when the chips are down.

Is anyone going to tell me Majek Fashek didn't know the dangers of drug abuse before he started using them?

Unless someone wants to be helped, there is nothing you can do.

You can force a horse to the stream but you cannot force it to drink water.
Re: Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation by donholy28(m): 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
Monica has so far raised a little above $2,0000.
make she push d comma small den use d money

1 Like

Re: Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
anoda way of fraud
Re: Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation by misspicy(f): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Is it not the same majek that said he has money in a bank in america Fraudstars
Re: Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation by funmijoyb(f): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
My one kobo i no fit give, after Majek fashek don enjoy himself finish since his youthful years days on drug. U nw wan help him now at 65.
CHIO.

To those of u wey dey smoke Igbo and other drug keeping enjoying. D pain go still come
Re: Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation by nitin4710: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
Amazing post, checkout about the best Wpengine coupons here and get upto 75% discount.
Re: Race To Save Majek Fashek - Help Raise $20,000 For Drug Rehabillitation by yokka(m): 3:46am On Jul 10, 2015
In as much as I am human with emotions, I feel pity for Majek but with the economic situation in Nigeria and wonderful level of unemployment in the public sector, I do not subscribe to the idea of running a charity on a man that practically shot his riches up his arms. He was huge, he was rich but he wasted it living the COOL life. I think he should be left to wallow and serve as a direction to the new breed of celebrities.

Besides there are lots of people out there that need that money, people with life threatening conditions and not a man in perfect health that practically threw himself from grace into the painful claws of grass.

(1) (Reply)

Toni Payne Comes For Teebillz After He Slammed Jidenna Over ''AK47' Interview / Star Boy Boss Wizkid Twitter Account Hacked / Davido Lost His Customised Gold Chain Last Night, A Kind Guy Returns It To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.