Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service (63865 Views)

Apply For State Security Service (SSS) Recruitment 2017 / State Security Service Recruitment 2017 / State Security Service Past Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
afuye:
Please give me your candid opinion or answer ?

please throw it to the floor lalasticlala ishilove obinoscopy

Check out for their office in your state...they will let you into the time for the entrance exams...which is annual...for either O'level or bsc...thanks

2 Likes

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by rhames(m): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

And then summarised by you?

You almost created the Impression of one..

Guess is you're related to one.

an added advantage is if you are a black belt holder or martial artist.

if you had studied surveillance in your spare time and applied it to your daily lives.

of course if you had achieved certain heroics like catching a terrorist BH member single handed without any weapon.

Anyways sometimes the criteria does not matter but the capability of the individual to do that duty very well.
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by chukist: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
I had wrote the exam, passed and was invited for interview which was mere checking of certificate and age, after that no call till date. Is very political
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by sotall(m): 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hamisu4888:
Second Jonathan, its theseme ethnicity will kill you people, Nigerian Leadership will never vome back to u igbo poeple. that is why Jonathan frustrated the Contry.idieots. if have nothing to say quit.

now take a second look at your reply to him.

after going through your post: ask yourself these questions:

what has Jonathan got to with what he posted?

How did Jonathan frustrate the country?

Is it bad for the leadership of this country to be headed by an Igbo man?

2 Likes

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by IYANGBALI: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ambi25:
The present DG is from my town
419 wan start grin
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by lexy2014: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
nairalife2013:
State secret service operate like a well-knitted family. The service is run by tireless veterans who spend years studying their prospective recruits(for the core agents) stealthily before contacting them for possible employment. Veterans in the service do not retire. They work till death and are men and women of highest character who, like God himself, are capable of operating underground with the highest level of secrecy. God is capable of maintaining his grip and power on the world becos, no matter what, he cannot reveal the basic secrets of creation and the underlying factors of the universe. The veteran works to know everything in his dormain and without, and in saying nothing of it except if needed by the state thro his superiors. They are drilled to find thier own pleasure inwardly in the number of secrets at thier disposal to the use and ultimate satisfaction of the state instead of the worth at street value. The service has two real departments: the public service and the agency. Staff in The former are employed by regular course publication while staff in the later are hand-picked secretly from the psd or from anywhere in the world following years or months of secret appraisal and tentative confirmation. Members of the agency grow thro the grades to old age and death - they do not retire. Some only get to meet thier princIpals face to face decades after employment! Some work solely as ssa(secret service agent). Some live double lives - working as policemen, soldiers, civil servants, businessmen and women,navalstaff, anything. Those who do double work retire from their public work at the appropriate time but work to death at THE SERVICE.

--Culled from various Intelligence literatures.
which one b all this grammar? How dem take de join? Na wa ooh
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by IYANGBALI: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
chukist:
I had wrote the exam, passed and was invited for interview which was mere checking of certificate and age, after that no call till date. Is very political
you must be highly connected to scale through

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by afelouz(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wait. SSS is not as secretive and its not as hard as u all picture it. My dad works for the state service and yes they do retire! They dont work till death. Hian
They recruit like other forces, but you only need a strong link or connction to be picked after writting their exam.

2 Likes

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by ZITRAN: 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dgunnerz:
I heard it's a Secret Police ...Then, the only way to join is to buy the next Police Academy Form....
wrong
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by DennisEche(m): 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
acenazt:
Seriously intending to become one. applied for the police academy this year and am awaiting result. i dont know what the next step will be.
any news about when the list will be release...... My younger bro wrote the exam too
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by ZITRAN: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
Most peepz here are mistaking the job of SSS for DIA just tink of SSS as Nigerian FBI

2 Likes

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by ocelot2006(m): 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dgunnerz:
I heard it's a Secret Police ...Then, the only way to join is to buy the next Police Academy Form....

WRONG! Just approach the Service's office to enquire about their recruitment. You'll be asked to submit your CV and a cover letter addressed to the DG DSS via the State Director. And Exam follows before you're being vetted thoroughly and brought to Abuja for an interview.
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by magicminister: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
My aunt works with sss...
I dont think its as secret as you guys paint it to be cos they recruit every now and then but its full employment is based on recommendation from someone reputable in the society or in the sss.

Retirement age is 65 years or after 35 years of service.
Thats same with every other govt parastatal.

Will keep you guys posted when recruitment starts.
Follow me on NL and I follow back.

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ambi25:
The present DG is from my town

Which of the towns Please. Daura/Ikot Ekpe...i've known Marilyn O for about 7yrs now..the truth is that getting into the service is not walk in the park..you have to be highly intelligent,committed even if it will mean staying for whole month without your family, brave to successfully finish the hurdles involved in the training and preliminary stages of getting into the real Family. the service shapes you into another being entirely. Its really not about who you know, remember its a secret security service not the police...slightest mistake?you're out in same secret way you came in..
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by ocelot2006(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
nairalife2013:
State secret service operate like a well-knitted family. The service is run by tireless veterans who spend years studying their prospective recruits(for the core agents) stealthily before contacting them for possible employment. Veterans in the service do not retire. They work till death and are men and women of highest character who, like God himself, are capable of operating underground with the highest level of secrecy. God is capable of maintaining his grip and power on the world becos, no matter what, he cannot reveal the basic secrets of creation and the underlying factors of the universe. The veteran works to know everything in his dormain and without, and in saying nothing of it except if needed by the state thro his superiors. They are drilled to find thier own pleasure inwardly in the number of secrets at thier disposal to the use and ultimate satisfaction of the state instead of the worth at street value. The service has two real departments: the public service and the agency. Staff in The former are employed by regular course publication while staff in the later are hand-picked secretly from the psd or from anywhere in the world following years or months of secret appraisal and tentative confirmation. Members of the agency grow thro the grades to old age and death - they do not retire. Some only get to meet thier princIpals face to face decades after employment! Some work solely as ssa(secret service agent). Some live double lives - working as policemen, soldiers, civil servants, businessmen and women,navalstaff, anything. Those who do double work retire from their public work at the appropriate time but work to death at THE SERVICE.

Yeah BULLCRAP.

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by Akinz0126(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Am one of their Fan but its a suicide profession.
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by Akinz0126(m): 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Am one of their Fan but its a suicide profession. grin
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by fritxie101(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
ZITRAN:
Most peepz here are mistaking the job of SSS for DIA just tink of SSS as Nigerian FBI
Not FBI, they are d equivalent of CIA. Just a correction.
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by lyntiffany(f): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
afuye:
I still have no answers
If you have 2.2 G.P, a Nigerian, If you are of a reasonable height of 5-6....ft tall, physically and mentally fit, patriotic, honest and of a commendable behaviour, if your 28 atmost then you can grab the job.
But you need a high grade officer who is currently working or retired to push you through, very nesseccary.

2 Likes

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by afuye(m): 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
THANK YOU. YOU ARE WELL APPRECIATED
lyntiffany:
If you have 2.2 G.P, a Nigerian, If you are of a reasonable height of 5-6....ft tall, physically and mentally fit, patriotic, honest and of a commendable behaviour, if your 28 atmost then you can grab the job.
But you need a high grade officer who is currently working or retired to push you through, very nesseccary.

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by lyntiffany(f): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
afuye:
THANK YOU. YOU ARE WELL APPRECIATED
uwc.
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by Ambi25: 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
IYANGBALI:
419 wan start grin
its obvious your Name seems more like a 419
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by ZITRAN: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
fritxie101:

Not FBI, they are d equivalent of CIA. Just a correction.
they aren't the DSS is the primary domestic intelligence agency which CIA is not whereas Nigeria's NIA is a government division tasked with overseeing foreign intelligence and counterintelligence operations.

3 Likes

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by gfullmoon(m): 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
nairalife2013:

This your extract is in tandem with global ''best'' practice in regards to SSS or DSS. But in Nigeria recruitment into the Service is mostly tilted towards more political patronage,connection,nepotism etc than merit. That's why most of them will ''proudly'' flick their ID card to you that they're members of DSS on the slightest provocation or argument. That's why they'll pay ''solidarity'' visits to politicians of their locality to reveal themselves. That's why even their neighbours knew they're DSS. So why call them ''Secret'' Service?

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by lyntiffany(f): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
magicminister:
My aunt works with sss...
I dont think its as secret as you guys paint it to be cos they recruit every now and then but its full employment is based on recommendation from someone reputable in the society or in the sss.

Retirement age is 65 years or after 35 years of service.
Thats same with every other govt parastatal.

Will keep you guys posted when recruitment starts.
Follow me on NL and I follow back.
it is very secret as it stands by it's name.
They have two functions, The administrative and operations.
The operations is where the field agents are and they are secretive as it comes and they can assume any form in the society.
They are planted in the society as mole.
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by magicminister: 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
lyntiffany:
it is very secret as it stands by it's name.
They have two functions, The administrative and operations.
The operations is where the field agents are and they are secretive as it comes and they can assume any form in the society.
They are planted in the society as decoy.

Yawns... I can spot an sss field agent from a mile away.
The truth is that, they are neither effective or as secretive as u think.
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by jimmynauty: 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
nairalife2013:
God is capable of maintaining his grip and power on the world becos, no matter what, he cannot reveal the basic secrets of creation and the underlying factors of the universe.
love this
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by lyntiffany(f): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
magicminister:

Yawns... I can spot an sss field agent from a mile away.
The truth is that, they are neither effective or as secretive as u think.
may be now but during the days of my dad they were, i got to know he was working for them just two years ago when he was about to retire and was the director for operations Calabar.

Pls I din't mean decoy meant mole , have modified it.
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by amobyk29: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
I really want to join the SSS

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
lyntiffany:
may be now but during the days of my dad they were, i got to know he was working for them just two years ago when he was about to retire and was the director for operations Calabar.

Pls I din't mean decoy meant mole , have modified it.
don't mind them, but this your laps sha, e dey do me something.

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
People are ignorant of this force, can I even call them force, because I don't see their work o, our tenant is one and if u see this guy, very small in stature with female voice, I don't see anything secretive about them. They are just security for the VIP. Feel free to join yafuyafu.
Re: How To Become A Member Of The Nigerian State Security Service by ChynoBEATS: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
afuye:
Please give me your candid opinion or answer ?

please throw it to the floor lalasticlala ishilove obinoscopy

My aunt is One

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2022 / Vancacies At Fidelity Bank For OND/NCE Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.