Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) (12353 Views)

Please What Is The Name Of This Fruit? / Fruit Seller Washing Fruit With Gutter Water (Photo) / Who Knows The Name Of This Fruit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by shortgun(m): 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hello house,
on my way back from work today I saw a fruit that really caught my attention, I asked the girl selling it for the name and what it's used for but she seems to have no clue. I decided to buy the fruit anyway cos it looked edible.
When I got home I asked everyone in the house if they know the fruit but all I got was guesses.

I showed my friend from the North the picture and he told me that the fruit is called "sweet melon" and that it's edible.
But am still not convinced.

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by lollystiver(m): 10:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
fruit of life,# if you think am wrong you can ask Google #
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by dhardline(m): 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
Well i heard its called golden melon but am not too sure thats the real name though.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by powerfulsettingz: 10:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
Wait ooooo open was That nor the fruit eve gave Adam?? We brought it here again

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
yorubas call it oro. it has a stone seed inside

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
mum once told me its golden melon
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by homeboy205: 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Drchristian:
yorubas call it oro. it has a stone seed inside

Totally wrong there is no oro of that size
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by shortgun(m): 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
You guys have not answered my question. What's the name of the fruit? Is the fruit edible?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by Yustash001(m): 12:10am On Jul 10, 2015
The botanical name is Lungi Jakutata...
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by gracile(f): 12:44am On Jul 11, 2015
Yes it's sweet melon, tastes like apple n water melon all at the same time! I don't like it tho cos d smell makes me want to puke

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by successnwa(f): 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yes is edible, it tastes like gauva, pinnaepple, water melon, apple. In fact it has almost all fruits taste in one. Mostly found in the north region, it is cheaper at the north region than other region. It is called sweet melon.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by clans(f): 3:51am On Jul 13, 2015
It's called golden melon. It's much where I am presently and relatively cheap
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by abduldope(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
golden melon keh? mtcheeew daz sweet melon jare
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by Sleekbaby(f): 11:11am On Aug 04, 2015
It is called sweet melon, I ate it when I was in taraba state. Is a nice fruit, it tastes like guava n smells like it too.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by alopo4real(m): 5:14am On Jun 24, 2016
My dear brother, the fruit is not a new species, it is also common in Asian countries. Truly, it is commonly called "Golden melon". Scientifically, it is called " Cucumis melo". It belongs to the family Cucurbitaceae.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by Cetona(f): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
That is sweet melon, and it is edible. It tastes really sweet and nice. It is in abundance in the north.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by prettyJoy22(f): 3:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
it's edible. I love the way it tastes.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
shortgun:
Hello house,
on my way back from work today I saw a fruit that really caught my attention, I asked the girl selling it for the name and what it's used for but she seems to have no clue. I decided to buy the fruit anyway cos it looked edible.
When I got home I asked everyone in the house if they know the fruit but all I got was guesses.
I showed my friend from the North the picture and he told me that the fruit is called "sweet melon" and that it's edible.
But am still not convinced.

It's the Forbidden fruit cheesy

Boss please help me vote Refiner as Miss Nairaland tomorrow.. I will mention you in a thread tomorrow to tell you how to vote for her, will you help me boss?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
prettyJoy22:
it's edible. I love the way it tastes.

Cutie you too should help me vote for Refiner as Miss Nairaland and then we will talk about you being my Miss Nairaland candidate for next year, you sure are very pretty smiley. Will you help me vote?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by prettyJoy22(f): 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
kinglee1:

Cutie you too should help me vote for Refiner as Miss Nairaland and then we will talk about you being my Miss Nairaland candidate for next year, you sure are very pretty smiley. Will you help me vote?
I would help you vote(how do I vote?) but am not interested in being miss Nairaland sha smiley
kinglee1:

I would help you vote(how do I vote?) but am not interested in being miss Nairaland sha
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
prettyJoy22:
I would help you vote(how do I vote?) smiley I would help you vote(how do I vote?) but am not interested in being miss Nairaland sha

I will mention you in a thread tomorrow to tell you how to vote ma'am. And we are not done talking about you contesting next year cheesy
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by prettyJoy22(f): 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
kinglee1:

I will mention you in a thread tomorrow to tell you how to vote ma'am. And we are not done talking about you contesting next year cheesy
lol... ok
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by oloriadejoke(f): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
It's called golden melon
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by justicejay(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2018
homeboy205:

Totally wrong there is no oro of that size
she is so right, you don't know it all
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by madgoat(m): 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
justicejay:

she is so right, you don't know it all

And you are very wrong. You obviously dont know the fruit in the pix because you won't have said shes right.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Fruit (pictures) by Lucky2473012365(m): 1:12pm On May 29, 2019
Oro & Golden melon are edible fruits. This fruit looks like golden melon.

(1) (Reply)

Sharing Recipes From My Naija Kitchen / I Need A Daily Food Time Table / Where Can I Buy Baking Ingredients In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.