Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

BEDC Dragnet Test.... - Jobs/Vacancies (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / BEDC Dragnet Test.... (166127 Views)

BEDC Recruitment 2017 / Olam Engineering Graduate Trainee Dragnet Test / Bedc/dragnet Test On 02/10/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 10:14am On Nov 07, 2016
seyilapy:
Well got to do with some terms in the offer letter. You can p.m me.

Pls state the terms here if you don't mind so that all of us can learn
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2016
virtousB:
Pls state the terms here if you don't mind so that all of us can learn

The fact is that 90% of companies that will employ you as a GT will ask you to sign bond. No company wants to spend money training you without some form of commitment from you. Notwithstanding you can still leave before the expiration of the bond, this is Naija, anything goes....
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
elnino2015:

The fact is that 90% of companies that will employ you as a GT will ask you to sign bond. No company wants to spend money training you without some form of commitment from you. Notwithstanding you can still leave before the expiration of the bond, this is Naija, anything goes....
ok. Is that what he didn't want to say here? Am thinking there should be more to it since he told me to pm him privately. The bond is not a new thing to me as we were told pop and clear during our interview that we'll be required to sign a 3 year bond and I accepted.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
virtousB:
ok. Is that what he didn't want to say here? Am thinking there should be more to it since he told me to pm him privately. The bond is not a new thing to me as we were told pop and clear during our interview that we'll be required to sign a 3 year bond and I accepted.

There is nothing more. Only that the bond might carry a clause that if you leave the company before the expiration of the bond, you'll have to pay the company a huge amount of money. That doesn't hold water in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
elnino2015:

There is nothing more. Only that the bond might carry a clause that if you leave the company before the expiration of the bond, you'll have to pay the company a huge amount of money. That doesn't hold water in Nigeria.
I was told about the fine too during my interview. Thanks for your time
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 12:32pm On Nov 11, 2016
Who has any update pls? After receiving the success mail, has anybody received any other one?
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by youngelder(m): 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2016
no other mail...
well, we'll be there Monday
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hello everyone,
I can see from the forgoing that the issues of bond and what not has been a concern. Let me say from the first that I am qualified to write about this because I am one of the ealier batch of trainees to be recruited by BEDC, the 4th to be precise. Also, I am writing this as a concerned fellow graduate. I will dwell on that later.
You see the issues with BEDC are more than just the bond. In a nutshell, BEDC isn't where you should consider as having gotten a 'career'. By all means accept their terms if you haven't gotten a job before this one. If you are considering resigning from one, don't try it I plead with you. You may come to regret it as some are currently. And let me say that I actually resigned despite not having another job. :x

Now to my own story, a brief one. I joined BEDC sometime last year and was happy and hoping to have a good time. Trust me, one year down the line it felt like I was just going with the flow of the company and nothing was really improving in me except my bank account. I know you'd say that's all that matters in an economy like this one but that thinking is flawed for many reasons. One is that the world we live in today is a very fast-paced one and you have to always stay relevant to any industry you find yourself. This requires that as you are working for a company, you are in return improving yourself and your market value for future employers. If all a company is about is just for you to carry out assignments which do not even tally with whatever you studied in school or even remotely similar to any other one, then you need to rethink your allegiance because 3 years down the line, you would scarcely be able to put anything tangible on your CV as a relevant experience. I came to this realisation when after more than a year, I really cannot put anything tangible on my CV and to make matters worse, my final posting was even nothing to write home about (literally). It was then I decided to RESIGN.

Don't think for a moment that to resign is a walk in the park. I was just lucky to have them very busy with more pressing matters than a disgruntled graduate. I now know of a former close colleague who also wants to resign but is having a tough time trying to do that. And he hasn't gotten another one too.

The story is becoming too long for my liking so my advice:
1. Take up the offer if you haven't gotten anything going now and don't rest thinking you've finally landed a career job. Continue to strive to improve yourself and get the one you really deserve. I'll leave you to sort out your bond headache since it isn't mine.
2. Don't take up the offer if you currently have one and you're considering resigning from that one. Chances are that it's going to be just like where you are now or even worse. Don't think about the money, trust me, I have been there.

I haven't written this tirade to spite BEDC or try to be some kill-joy or nay sayer. I feel concerned seeing how some here are being naive knowing not what they are walking into, I feel it as the decent thing to do to offer my advice. We only have one life to live and deserve to make the best of it and avoid mistakes as much as we can. You are responsible for giving your life the good that it deserves.

Regards and #NeverSettle.

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by youngelder(m): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
opidalo:
Hello everyone,
I can see from the forgoing that the issues of bond and what not has been a concern. Let me say from the first that I am qualified to write about this because I am one of the ealier batch of trainees to be recruited by BEDC, the 4th to be precise. Also, I am writing this as a concerned fellow graduate. I will dwell on that later.
You see the issues with BEDC are more than just the bond. In a nutshell, BEDC isn't where you should consider as having gotten a 'career'. By all means accept their terms if you haven't gotten a job before this one. If you are considering resigning from one, don't try it I plead with you. You may come to regret it as some are currently. And let me say that I actually resigned despite not having another job. :x

Now to my own story, a brief one. I joined BEDC sometime last year and was happy and hoping to have a good time. Trust me, one year down the line it felt like I was just going with the flow of the company and nothing was really improving in me except my bank account. I know you'd say that's all that matters in an economy like this one but that thinking is flawed for many reasons. One is that the world we live in today is a very fast-paced one and you have to always stay relevant to any industry you find yourself. This requires that as you are working for a company, you are in return improving yourself and your market value for future employers. If all a company is about is just for you to carry out assignments which do not even tally with whatever you studied in school or even remotely similar to any other one, then you need to rethink your allegiance because 3 years down the line, you would scarcely be able to put anything tangible on your CV as a relevant experience. I came to this realisation when after more than a year, I really cannot put anything tangible on my CV and to make matters worse, my final posting was even nothing to write home about (literally). It was then I decided to RESIGN.

Don't think for a moment that to resign is a walk in the park. I was just lucky to have them very busy with more pressing matters than a disgruntled graduate. I now know of a former close colleague who also wants to resign but is having a tough time trying to do that. And he hasn't gotten another one too.

1. Take up the offer if you haven't gotten anything going now and don't rest thinking you've finally landed a career job. Continue to strive to improve yourself and get the one you really deserve. I'll leave you to sort out your bond headache since it isn't mine.
2. Don't take up the offer if you currently have one and you're considering resigning from that one. Chances are that it's going to be just like where you are now or even worse. Don't think about the money, trust me, I have been there.

I haven't written this tirade to spite BEDC or try to be some kill-joy or nay sayer. I feel concerned seeing how some here are being naive knowing not what they are walking into, I feel it as the decent thing to do to offer my advice. We only have one life to live and deserve to make the best of it and avoid mistakes as much as we can. You are responsible for giving your life the good that it deserves.

nice one bro. thanks for the idea.

So, in a nutshell, we should see it as an interim job whilst searching for better opportunities.
Thanks brother. I personally appreciate.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by youngelder(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2016
Resumption postponed...
Na wa oo
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2016
These people are funny sha. See the time they're postponing resumption. Anyway I knew this could happen since they stated that 14th November is a tentative date
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 13, 2016
virtousB:
These people are funny sha. See the time they're postponing resumption. Anyway I knew this could happen since they stated that 14th November is a tentative date
Welcome to the world of BEDC. Don't worry, you'll get more of that when you eventually start.
Good luck.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2016
virtousB:
Welcome to the world of BEDC. Don't worry, you'll get more of that when you eventually start so don't get worked up over it just yet.
Good luck.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 13, 2016
virtousB:
Welcome to the world of BEDC. Don't worry, you'll get more of that when you eventually start so don't get worked up over late information just yet.
Good luck.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by youngelder(m): 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
virtousB:

abi... e just tire person. But God pass them
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by seyilapy(m): 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
@VirtousB this write up just spoke my mind. sorry been bit busy that y. i can assure you the only Disco you will get employed and count yourself lucky is IKEJA disco. am not with bedc am with another disco. opidalo made justice to the general problem. please and please if you have a job already pray and pray before you resign o. some of my mates too here are regretting already. God help us all and lead us aright. as i am now am still job hunting back to back. cheers

opidalo:
Hello everyone,

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by maigemuu: 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
In this days of financial squeeze and with the drop in oil prices globally, you can leverage on other options other than your paid jobs to earn money from home through a made simple task to get paid.

We are a rapidly growing company of like minded individuals that over past few months has experienced great success through our online marketing system .We are in search of highly motivated individuals that value character,
integrity, and discipline. All applicants will be considered those with and without experience. To be considered please follow instructions below. Good Luck!

We Offer:
*Daily Pay!!
*Residuals
*Complete Training
*Leads provided

What We Need:
*Team Player
*Competitive Edge
*Goal Orientated
*Strong Work Ethic
*Burning Desire to Earn N150,000+ a Month
*Willingness to work from home

PLEASE — SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY-

Would you like to be exposed to a business opportunity that affords you the opportunity of earning residual income daily?
Remuneration is highly attractive and commensurate with best industry standards.
Kindly text, call or chat on whatsapp for updates.

sam: 08096002981
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by igboin1: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2016
Now I knw better! This country is just full of shit!!!! 65k 4 a graduate? BEDC is a disappointment!!!!!
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by niyogeol(m): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2016
igboin1:
Now I knw better! This country is just full of shit!!!! 65k 4 a graduate? BEDC is a disappointment!!!!!
Is that what you were offered?
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 11:35am On Nov 17, 2016
igboin1:
where did you get this from?

1 Like

Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2016
Got this from BEDC this morning. Dear Candidate,

Congratulations on your success at the interview stage.

Below are key details you will require regarding your BEDC recruitment progress.

1.      You will be required to undergo a 4-week long assessment and selection program starting from Monday 21st November, 2016 by 8.00amat 5, Akpakpava Street, Benin City. This program, which is a pre-requisite to the Graduate Trainee Program (GTP), will give you the opportunity to further demonstrate your suitability for a place on the GTP. Other details are as follows:

Cc nurempy77, popex, youngelder
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by youngelder(m): 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
virtousB:
Got this from BEDC this morning. Dear Candidate,

Congratulations on your success at the interview stage.

Below are key details you will require regarding your BEDC recruitment progress.

1.      You will be required to undergo a 4-week long assessment and selection program starting from Monday 21st November, 2016 by 8.00amat 5, Akpakpava Street, Benin City. This program, which is a pre-requisite to the Graduate Trainee Program (GTP), will give you the opportunity to further demonstrate your suitability for a place on the GTP. Other details are as follows:

Cc nurempy77, popex, youngelder

yeah bro.. I've just seen it.

so, what next? I'd be there on Monday
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Gnen: 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
igboin1:
Who told you this?
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by igboin1: 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
I just received a mail from them.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2016
Pls is there provision for accommodation?
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Emasel(m): 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
igboin1:

BEDC pays their GT 90k, where did u get that?
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by nurempy77: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
jst cant bliv dis...65k? Nt 2 even talk abt d 4wks training nd subsequent selectn process again
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
Pls do we have ladies in this room that was offered the job too ?
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by virtousB: 8:20pm On Nov 17, 2016
youngelder:

yeah bro.. I've just seen it.

so, what next? I'd be there on Monday
Accommodation is my major challenge now
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by youngelder(m): 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2016
nurempy77:
jst cant bliv dis...65k? Nt 2 even talk abt d 4wks training nd subsequent selectn process again

this is quite poor... very poor.
Re: BEDC Dragnet Test.... by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
i got the mail, but I'm not going, dats pure slavery, d management have turned it to bank work, a friend who is even dia said he don't do electrical WOrk, wat dey are after is just for u to collect t bills, n d amount u get determines a much ur salary will be.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (70) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Force Is Recruiting / Union Bank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 / Graduate Trainee Opportunity In a Top Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.