Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? (1164 Views)

RECESSION MILLIONAIRES : Needed. / The Millionaires' Secrets (in Hard Currency) / 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by henry255: 8:25am On Jul 10, 2015
I'm yet to see a testimony from someon here who applied what he/she learnt from nairaland and became what he is today.

We read people's posts and threads everyday but where are the testimonies?

I have decided to shun all online gimmicks and move straight to offline biz. I just need aa workable offline business venture that can fetch a growing fund with a capital as low As 100k.
Please your advice is needed

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by kossyablaze(m): 8:29am On Jul 10, 2015
I am one

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by henry255: 8:41am On Jul 10, 2015
kossyablaze:
I am one
Hmmm!whats your net worth Sir?
Re: Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by abbeyforex(m): 3:46am On Aug 05, 2015
henry255:
I'm yet to see a testimony from someon here who applied what he/she learnt from nairaland and became what he is today.

We read people's posts and threads everyday but where are the testimonies?

I have decided to shun all online gimmicks and move straight to offline biz. I just need aa workable offline business venture that can fetch a growing fund with a capital as low As 100k.
Please your advice is needed

Am sure no real and truthful person will tell u their worth here on NL but I want to encourage you not to quit Online business. If its yet to work for you ,then you are yet to get it right.

If you will do no other thing online,pls dont neglect Importation Business. With 100k that u said u have ,I want to tell you that u have a greater hedge cos some of us that are active in Importation had less when we started. U can be having up to 300% of your capital if you get it right. U can PM me on this.

PS: Remember we are going into an era whereby it is either your business is online or you are out of business.
Re: Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by abbeyforex(m): 7:49am On Aug 11, 2015
Updated Aug. 11, 2015 7:10 a.m. Nigerian Time

BEIJING—China’s central bank(PBOC) devalued its tightly controlled currency, causing its biggest one-day loss in two decades, as the world’s second-largest economy continues to sputter.

Chinese authorities said the change would help drive the currency toward more market-driven movements. The move also signaled the government’s growing worry about slow growth. A shift toward a weaker currency could help flagging exports at a time when many other efforts to boost the economy haven’t proven very effective.

China’s yuan(RMB) has been on an upward track for a decade, during which the country’s economy grew to be the second largest in the world and the currency gained importance globally. The devaluation Tuesday was the most significant downward adjustment to the yuan since 1994, when as part of a break from Communist state planning, Beijing let the currency fall by one-third.

Effect to we Importers :

As a currency becomes cheaper versus other currencies, it becomes more attractive for investors to buy it because they can often take a long (wait for the price to increase) position and make money that way. It also gives more incentive for investors/creditors to invest in large projects that are happening within an economy. Products that are created in a china become more attractive because of their price. Products now become lesser if one takes solely relative purchasing power into account.

One historical example of keeping a currency artificially cheap is China keeping the Renminbi cheap and pegged to the dollar. They wanted consumers/companies from abroad to buy their products so their businesses could continue to grow. This is one reason why China saw a booming economy in export industry. Many Western companies chose to have their products sourced from China because they knew they would get a good exchange rate, thus making the product cheaper. By keeping the Renminbi cheap, China was able to promote trade and begin to help their struggling economy. They have only recently begun to take away some of their instruments that artificially keep the prices low.
Re: Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 11, 2015
abbeyforex:
Updated Aug. 11, 2015 7:10 a.m. Nigerian Time

BEIJING—China’s central bank(PBOC) devalued its tightly controlled currency, causing its biggest one-day loss in two decades, as the world’s second-largest economy continues to sputter.

Chinese authorities said the change would help drive the currency toward more market-driven movements. The move also signaled the government’s growing worry about slow growth. A shift toward a weaker currency could help flagging exports at a time when many other efforts to boost the economy haven’t proven very effective.

China’s yuan(RMB) has been on an upward track for a decade, during which the country’s economy grew to be the second largest in the world and the currency gained importance globally. The devaluation Tuesday was the most significant downward adjustment to the yuan since 1994, when as part of a break from Communist state planning, Beijing let the currency fall by one-third.

Effect to we Importers :

As a currency becomes cheaper versus other currencies, it becomes more attractive for investors to buy it because they can often take a long (wait for the price to increase) position and make money that way. It also gives more incentive for investors/creditors to invest in large projects that are happening within an economy. Products that are created in a china become more attractive because of their price. Products now become lesser if one takes solely relative purchasing power into account.

One historical example of keeping a currency artificially cheap is China keeping the Renminbi cheap and pegged to the dollar. They wanted consumers/companies from abroad to buy their products so their businesses could continue to grow. This is one reason why China saw a booming economy in export industry. Many Western companies chose to have their products sourced from China because they knew they would get a good exchange rate, thus making the product cheaper. By keeping the Renminbi cheap, China was able to promote trade and begin to help their struggling economy. They have only recently begun to take away some of their instruments that artificially keep the prices low.
This is a very old news....near a month, if not more old actually.... Nvm my outburst anyway, cos yo motive for bringing it up is not unokay anyway.... And yh, hard times are near with this new measures the Chinese govt are embracing....
Re: Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by abbeyforex(m): 8:31am On Aug 11, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

This is a very old news....near a month, if not more old actually.... Nvm my outburst anyway, cos yo motive for bringing it up is not unokay anyway.... And yh, hard times are near with this new measures the Chinese govt are embracing....

Make your findings very well bro,am an informed forex trader,this happened 7hours ago and I traded USDCNH. I repeat make your findings very well and get yourself updated. Price moved from 6.2136 to as high as 6.3728 within 5 hours. And I repeat,make your findings
Re: Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 11, 2015
Did you care to actually read between my lines and really understand what I meant by what I said? .... Let me help you, When I said it's no news, I meant you should have seen this coming. Refer to July 29 publication to see what I mean.
Re: Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by lordtech(m): 9:20am On Aug 11, 2015
Wow, that's good news but I hope the Chinese wont increase the prices of their goods
Re: Do We Still Have Millionaires On Nairaland? by abbeyforex(m): 9:37am On Aug 11, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
Did you care to actually read between my lines and really understand what I meant by what I said? .... Let me help you, When I said it's no news, I meant you should have seen this coming. Refer to July 29 publication to see what I mean.

This is what you wrote and I put the keywords in red:

This is a very old news....near a month, if not more old actually.

Question: Are you referring to July 29 publication which is just 13days old as NEAR A MONTH?
Clarity purpose:The publication was all about forecast and speculation which was on a probability ratio of 50/50,we call it rumour. In FX,we dont trade rumour neither forecast,we trade actual event which was just confirmed some hours ago. No one can tell what will happen in the next 5minutes,thats why we dont trade rumour or forecast. We consider the past,relate it with the present to determine what is LIKELY to happen in the future.

#Lip Sealed#

(1) (Reply)

Corporate Affairs Registration / Safety Work Wear And Safety Equipment (pics) / Professional Advice In Starting A Wifi Hot Spot Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.