Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Should Abortion Be Murder - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Abortion Be Murder (1752 Views)

Married Mother Of 8 Dies From Abortion Complications, Boyfriend Impregnated Her / Help...i Am Finished!contemplating Abortion At Five Months / I Gave My Wife Money For Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Abortion Be Murder by babino22: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2015
[img][/img]
Abortion involves terminating a pregnancy by the removing or expelling of a fetus or embryo from the uterus. This is sometimes due to the death of the fetus; however, it can also result in the death of it. Abortion is a very controversial topic because its frequency of occurrence, legal, cultural and religious status varies extensively in different regions of the world. There are many high-profile groups that champion either pro-choice or pro-life, and such organizations bring up a host of issues to further their often political agenda. Pro-life groups favor greater legal restrictions on abortion, or even the complete prohibition of it. They argue that a human fetus is a human being with a right to live, so abortion is similar to murder. In contrast, pro-choice groups argue that a woman has certain reproductive rights, especially the choice on whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term.
One of the most common reasons why some women want to have an abortion is because they have the desire to delay childbearing because they themselves are young. Other reasons include not wanting to stop work or schooling and/or because of financial or relationship instability. These reasons are consistent across numerous countries, including America. Most abortions that occur in the United States are obtained by women of a minority race because they are having higher incidences of unintended pregnancies. In developing countries, women have the additional concern of health risks and complications that occur as a result of unsafe practices in medical settings.
Some abortions happen because of societal pressures. This occurs to when there is little social support, when a specific gender of a child is preferred or when governments enforce population control, such as China’s one child policy. It is suggested that sex-selective abortion could account for disparities between the birth rates of male and female children in some countries. Many countries in Asia like China, South Korea and India have cultures that prefer male children.
When abortion occurs because of societal pressures, women sometimes have to resort to unsafe practices because the legalized healthcare route is not an option. As a result, countries that have restrictive abortive laws have more women that seek unsafe abortions. Unsafe abortions occur when they are performed by individuals without adequate medical skills or in an unhygienic environment. Such situations occur globally, and result in about 70,000 maternal deaths and 5 million maternal disabilities per year.
Induced abortions have aroused debate, controversy and activism because it is related to ethical, moral, philosophical, biological and legal issue. This is a personal topic because it touches on a person’s value system. Some pro-life groups have taken their case to the extremes and have targeted doctors and facilities that provide abortions with various types of violence, from murder to arson.
Should abortion be a punishable offence?

www.yourite.com

Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by pass111(m): 8:48am On Jul 10, 2015
Yes!!!
imagine an estimated 44 million Abortions are committed annually Worldwide
Is it not a big threat to the human family? 44 MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Cutehector(m): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2015
The souls of aborted babies will stand as an evidence against the culprits on d judgement day... The devil will use dat as a fact as to why they should be sent to hell... So no need for punishment here on earth, let dem keep on doin it...
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Joromi1: 8:52am On Jul 10, 2015
Girls have killed more innocent souls than all the terrorist groups put together

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2015
It depends on the given circumstance.
Take for instance the raped chibok captives, if they abort that pregnancy will it be termed murder?
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by efemenaslectura: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2015
pass111:
Yes!!!
imagine an estimated 44 million Abortions are committed annually Worldwide
Is it not a big threat to the human family? 44 MILLION PEOPLE!!!
so it is a society that will tell me what to do with my body? undecided

who stays and who doesn't stay in my womb is up to me to decide. If I'm not ready mentally, emotionally or time wise for the baby nko? Will i Bring him into the world because of stoopeed sentiments undecided
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2015
Joromi1:
Girls have killed more souls than all the terrorist groups put together
Girls? Really?
Whether na you abort o, finance o, give consent, manufacture/buy abortion medicine or perform the abortion(doctors et al), you follow for the crime cos all are geared towards same motive which is killing an innocent baby...

Yeah, abortion is murder. . That's all... Denying an innocent baby the right to live cos he can't defend himself... Some circumstances are exempted though esp when the baby poses a threat to the mother. ..
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by babino22: 9:12am On Jul 10, 2015
gregzone:
Take for instance the raped chibok captives, if they abort that pregnancy will it be termed murder?

YES YES AND YES. Those babies have the right to life.
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by pass111(m): 9:20am On Jul 10, 2015
efemenaslectura:
so it is a society that will tell me what to do with my body? undecided

who stays and who doesn't stay in my womb is up to me to decide. If I'm not ready mentally, emotionally or time wise for the baby nko? Will i Bring him into the world because of stoopeed sentiments undecided
And you forget that it is a boost to human extinction and also a serious threat to procreation which is the sole reason for our existence.
Why not close/Cross your legs instead, to avoid going through this inhumane act.
Thank you
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by pass111(m): 9:28am On Jul 10, 2015
gregzone:
Imagine that ones mother was among the raped girls, and she was to give birth to an important figure in the society(who knows) but things went the abortion Way, tell me, would that soul find rest?
cool cool cool cool
*modified*
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by efemenaslectura: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2015
gringringringringringringringringrin

are you serious grin

grin I should close my legs when I'm honey. Do you close cross your legs when you are honey grin is only a kweshion o
grin

anyway back to the issue so you expect a woman who is not ready to be a mom be a mom .how about those who were forced to be mom's when they were not ready and couldn't take care of them?

Guess what. They're the ones dumped in the street, dump site, garage etc. Some of them are even the societal nuisances we have today called bokoharam
pass111:

And you forget that it is a boost to human extinction and also a serious threat to procreation which is the sole reason for our existence.
Why not close/Cross your legs instead, to avoid going through this inhumane act.
Thank you
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 10, 2015
pass111:

You are very stupid for referring to my mother in such a manner.
Modify your post now or face my wrath.
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by pass111(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
gregzone:
Modify your post now. Offence taken.
Sorry dear, I was trying to make a point.
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2015
efemenaslectura:

are you serious grin

grin I should close my legs when I'm honey. Do you close cross your legs when you are honey grin is only a kweshion o
grin

anyway back to the issue so you expect a woman who is not ready to be a mom be a mom .how about those who were forced to be mom's when they were not ready and couldn't take care of them?

Guess what. They're the ones dumped in the street, dump site, garage etc. Some of them are even the societal nuisances we have today called bokoharam
Get a contraceptive if you are " honey ".

At topic, abortion is an intentional shedding of blood~~ intentional homicide.

Don't quote me to yarn dust abeg.
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by pass111(m): 9:58am On Jul 10, 2015
efemenaslectura:

are you serious grin

grin

if you are not ready to be a mom, why eat the fruit meant for moms.
it's as simple as that.
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2015
pass111:

Sorry dear, I was trying to make a point.
I said you should modify your post.
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Phonetikkks: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2015
From a christian standpoint:

It's not what society terms it, but how God sees it.

A human life breathes inside you, and you decide to kill it. Killing in this case shows the taking/ending of life, now if that isn't murder, then what is murder?

I empathise with rape victims who got pregnant through abuse - although it's a difficult decision and traumatising experience keeping such child - the word of God still condemns the (deliberate) termination of human life.

You basically tell God "phuuuck off, who cares what your plan for this child is" I simply wanna live my life the way I want, according to my plan (not God's plan).

What's worse than having a child fathered by (not a human being) but a SPIRIT, people must have laughed and mocked Mary, yet she never aborted Jesus to make herself feel good.

Ponder on this!

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by efemenaslectura: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2015
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

see jamb kweshion o gringringrin

like really. Is it only a category of women dheeks/"apple" is meant for grin

I swear you'll make a good comic actor grin

you're darn too funny grin
pass111:

if you are not ready to be a mom, why eat the fruit meant for moms.
it's as simple as that.
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by efemenaslectura: 11:21am On Jul 10, 2015
LadyFiona:
Get a contraceptive if you are " honey ".

At topic, abortion is an intentional shedding of blood~~ intentional homicide.

Don't quote me to yarn dust abeg.
its not homicide till its born my dear cheesy grin grin
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 10, 2015
efemenaslectura:
its not homicide till its born my dear cheesy grin grin
It is to me that is why I haven't done it or have any intention of assisting someone to.

Calling it homicide is my own moral justification pedal.
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by pass111(m): 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
gregzone:
I said you should modify your post.
ok 'man on a mission' grin grin grin
Re: Should Abortion Be Murder by Joromi1: 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Girls? Really?
Whether na you abort o, finance o, give consent, manufacture/buy abortion medicine or perform the abortion(doctors et al), you follow for the crime cos all are geared towards same motive which is killing an innocent baby...

Yeah, abortion is murder. . That's all... Denying an innocent baby the right to live cos he can't defend himself... Some circumstances are exempted though esp when the baby poses a threat to the mother. ..
In most cases, the girls take the decision themselves

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome Shyness This Year / I Offended My Best Friend / Woman Who Dumped Husband After His Job Loss Begs Court To Re-Claim Her Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.