Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,629 members, 7,809,344 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Natural Home Treatments For ACNE - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Natural Home Treatments For ACNE (1908 Views)

Oshewa Beauty Transforms Lady With Acne's Face (WOW Photos) / Best Cream For Dark Spot And Acne / 5 D.I.Y Conditioning Treatments For Natural Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Home Treatments For ACNE by Biola2610: 10:40am On Jul 10, 2015
I can now write that I am glad I shared my post on palm oil. I got a few feedbacks from those who tried it. The most recent of them is an email from one of my darling readers. It really was thoughtful of her to send a feedback just like the others and I was delighted to have received it.

Did you miss the post? Click here to read it so you can catch up.

When I got Edem’s email, I decided to do a little research on other ways to tackle acne using natural products that you probably have on your shelves already so that I can share with you all.

After exchanging a few emails, we agreed she should use honey alongside the palm oil. If you decide to use honey too, be sure you buy pure honey because sadly most of the honey found in the market these days are adulterated or processed. Permit me to add that the lady has a good sense of humour!

I found so many remedies ranging from natural items to products you can buy across the counter. Find below natural home remedies you can try…

OATMEAL: Before Edem and I settled for honey, this was my first suggestion to her simply because my friend and her sister swear by it. Oatmeal is known to be an effective remedy for treating acne. Because Oatmeal is dry and possesses an absorbent quality that helps in soaking up all the excess oil from the skin, it is a remedy that helps in treating as well as preventing the occurrence of acne. index

HOW TO USE OATMEAL: Add the oatmeal to some warm water and form a thick paste with it. Apply the paste to the affected areas of the skin and leave it there for at least twenty to thirty minutes. Use warm water to rinse off the oatmeal mask once it dries.

HONEY: Honey possesses a sticky texture which helps in pulling out the dirt that might be present in the pores of your skin. Honey is known to play the role of an antimicrobial and helps to destroy bacteria, which is a major cause for developing acne.honey-benefits

HOW TO USE HONEY: Like I mentioned earlier, it is important that you choose natural honey over the processed or adulterated variety because its antimicrobial properties are preserved in the natural form. To use honey in the treatment of acne, apply some honey evenly, all over your face and leave it there for a minimum of fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash your face thoroughly after this and repeat the procedure as many times as you want.

GARLIC: Garlic is also considered to be effective in the treatment of acne because it possesses anti-microbial properties. Although Edem mentioned that this didn’t have any effect when she used it in the past, some people however testify that it works.1219643.large

HOW TO USE GARLIC: Crush a few flakes of garlic and apply them to your skin in the form of a paste.

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Apple cider vinegar plays the role of an anti-bacterial agent that helps in getting rid of the bacteria that normally cause an outbreak of acne. It is also considered to be beneficial in balancing the pH levels of the skin. It also helps to absorb the excess oil that is present on the surface of the skin. braggs_vinegar

HOW TO USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: To use apple cider vinegar to treat acne, it is important that you dilute the apple cider vinegar by adding one part of it to four parts of water. Use a cotton ball to apply this diluted solution to your skin. Wash it off your skin after about fifteen to twenty minutes. If your skin is not sensitive, you could also leave it on overnight.

READ ALSO: CHILDHOOD BELIEFS I MUST UNLEARN

BAKING SODA: Baking soda is known to be effective for so many things. It can be used effectively to treat acne as well.bakingsoda

HOW TO USE BAKING SODA: To use baking soda to treat acne, you must mix a heaped tablespoon of baking soda with a sufficient amount of water to form a thick paste. Apply it to your skin and leave it there till it begins to harden. Wash it off after that and repeat it several times a week, for best results.

OLIVE OIL: Acne is known to cause the surrounding skin to become hard. Therefore, it is important that you first soften the skin when trying to get rid of acne. You can use any non-comedogenic oil (i.e. oils that do not block the pores) such as olive oil…or palm oil. Olive oil does not clog the pores of the skin and has been used for hundreds of years in order to treat skin conditions. OliveOilBreadDip_article Photo Credit: Google Images

HOW TO USE OLIVE OIL: Massage one tablespoon of olive oil into your skin everyday in order to soften the skin and reduce the problem of acne.

In addition to any of these remedies that you decide to use, it is very important to watch your diet to prevent a reoccurrence. The best ways to treat as well as prevent the occurrence of acne is to avoid foods that have high glycaemic index carbohydrates (i.e. food that has ability to increase the level of glucose in the body).

Foods that contain a high amount of high glycaemic carbs are white rice, whole wheat bread, potatoes, cakes, pastries, granola bars as well as other sugary foods. It is advisable to replace these high glycaemic carbs with low glycaemic carbohydrate foods such as oats, legumes, barley, sweet potatoes, fruits as well as whole grain pasta. Low glycaemic foods are hell to reduce the insulin levels as well as prevent the sebaceous glands from producing excess sebum, which results in acne.

Consume lots of vegetables and fruits and drink lots of water. It is also highly recommended that you use only oil-free cosmetics to avoid clogging of your pores. Mayo clinic highly recommends that those who use make-up should wash it off before they go to bed. If you do not wash off the make-up, it can clog the pores of your skin, thereby resulting in acne. It is advised that if you are using any acne medications, you should apply them to your skin prior to applying make-up.

It is recommended that you wash your face several times a day, especially after being exposed to the sun. Another recommendation is that you wash your face regularly by making use of a mild cleanser as well as lukewarm water. Avoid using abrasive soaps, toners, astringents and facial scrubs as they are harsh for the skin and can trigger an outbreak of acne. It is advisable that you use a soft cloth to dry your face in order to prevent the occurrence of skin irritations.

Having said all these, it is important to realise that unlike chemical treatments, most natural treatments require repeated use for results to be seen.

http://www.abenistales.com/wp/index.php/2015/07/10/6-natural-home-treatments-for-acne/

Re: Natural Home Treatments For ACNE by pretydiva(f): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2015
Fnks 4 d info. I ve few question tho. Pls is d oatmeal same as quaker n oat? N where can 1 buy pure honey frm
Re: Natural Home Treatments For ACNE by Biola2610: 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
pretydiva:
Fnks 4 d info. I ve few question tho. Pls is d oatmeal same as quaker n oat? N where can 1 buy pure honey frm

Yes you can usethe same quaker oats we eat. For pure honey, you can try shoprite and I know some of those women who sell herbs usually have original honey and it's cheaper.
Re: Natural Home Treatments For ACNE by ayogabriel(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
Thanks for this, I ll try the honey tonight.
Re: Natural Home Treatments For ACNE by Emmaesty(f): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
ayogabriel:
Thanks for this, I ll try the honey tonight.
Hmmmm
Re: Natural Home Treatments For ACNE by Olasonherbal: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2017
ACNE CAUSES AND TREATMENT

Pimples technically called ACNE VULGARIS is the most common type of acne cause mostly by five factors: excess sebum(oil) , hormones, dead cells, Propionibacterium acnes ( a bacteria that causes acne lives on the skin) and inflammatory response. Acne energies from a point which requires 2_3 weeks to take a defined form of acne. This process happens deep under your skin. Pores are little holes present on your skin. These pores are actually air follicles containing very fine hair. Each hair follicle is connected to a sebaceous gland. The sebaceous gland produces an oily substance called sebum. Sebum helps in keeping the skin soft. This sebum reduces the surface of the skin through the hair follicle. The hair follicle is lined cells called keratinocytes. Now , during puberty, a hormone present both in males and females increases. This sebum hair and keratinocytes fill and plug the hair follicle. Plugging of the follicle is the earliest sign of acne . Because the follicle is plugged, sebum can not reach the surface of the skin . This means that the follicles is filled with oil( sebum) and cells ( keratinocytes) . A mixture of both these causes Propionibacterium acnes on the skin to grow in the plugged follicle. This bacteria in the plugged follicle, induces the white blood cells to attack it. When the white blood cell attacks, they cause the skin to inflamme (swell) which is referred to as pimples or acne. In due course of time, the wall of the hair follicle break down spilling everything that is sebum, dead cell and bacteria on the nearby skin.

TREATMENT

Natural treatment involve prevention of the cause such as avoiding the use of body care products that contains excessive oil, eating healthy and natural foods, avoiding pressing the pimples to prevent further spread. Many herbs has been scientifically proven to be effective for the treatment of pimples. Few examples are: tulsi leaves, neem leaves, castor oil, coconut oil, onion bulb, turmeric, etc. Most of the above herbs also contains antimicrobial properties .
For further enquiries on how to get rid of your pimples naturally chart with us on whatsap (+2348059818668). thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Vintage Men's Hand Bracelets And Also Ladies sales / Ankara Styles / Ankara Nails Too?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.