Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days (3345 Views)

Funny Pics You Can Relate To If Your Wife Is A Fan Of Indian Movies!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
Call me old school, you are right. I brought you our Nigeria music legends yesterday. Today, it is a different table.

From emotional and captivating songs (even though we know not what they say) to compelling stories that pin you down to your seats, it is no saying that some classic Indian movies will forever linger in our memories. For some of us who lived that age, our entertainment history can never be fully written without mentioning and acknowledging these movies, no offence to the new generation.
It is also not surprising that it was more of a monopolized show as you see that a particular actor featured in most of these classics - our favourite Amitabh Bachchan. We also have the likes of Dhramendra, Amrish Puri (the evil-role player), Shashi Kapoor. Even though most recent indian movies no longer attract us, a trip down the memory lane will surely make you not to discard these classics.
These are the ones I could recall from memory, you may add yours. I hope you get that nostalgic feeling that accompanies this. Enjoy!

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
b

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
d

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
e

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by piicity(m): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
WOW! But i hate india film na
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
f

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Blinggee: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
I came to book space incase.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Abduletudaye(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
I remember mard!!! Nostalgic!!! cheesy

I listened to mostly musical videos then...

I dont know the rest...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lovely Movies...evergreen i'd say...

MOD, please push to front page.

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
A dormant section...so quiet in here...
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Gudiza(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
yeah.. remember quite a few of these. Couldn't bear to watch these movies then without sleeping off talk less of now

My favorite hands down was Mr. India, then Mard, Toofan.... so many others I remember but must have slept on; burning train, sholay, ghazab etc.

Indian Movies were the shitnitz those days men.

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by chrisgurl(f): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Gosh... Amitabh bachchan was the real deal then. Those late '70s films..I saw toofan, Mard, dharam and veer(1977), and burning train. But dharam and veer is still my favorite.I still have a few songs from dharam n' veer on my playlist. Yash chopra was d' reigning producer of these films then.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 11:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
chrisgurl:
Gosh... Amitabh bachchan was the real deal then. Those late '70s films..I saw toofan, Mard, dharam and veer(1977), and burning train. But dharam and veer is still my favorite.I still have a few songs from dharam n' veer on my playlist. Yash chopra was d' reigning producer of these films then.

Yash Chopra surely produced a lot of classics. Amitabh will always be my favorite...

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by chrisgurl(f): 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
lolaxavier:

Yash Chopra surely produced a lot of classics. Amitabh will always be my favorite...
yeah..Me tOo!!
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Krossbow123: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Please we can I Download "the burning Train "
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Ovems(f): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hmmm! I have seen most of them. Their movies were very sorrowful. I haven't seen Deewaar but from the photo, I am very sure that it was really sorrowful. I have forgotten her name but the lady in the photo is known as Mother of Mystery in Bollywood. Always suffering in her films, eg Mother Indian and Mard.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nwangoma: 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ovems:
Hmmm! I have seen most of them. Their movies were very sorrowful. I haven't seen Deewaar but from the photo, I am very sure that it was really sorrowful. I have forgotten her name but the lady in the photo is known as Mother of Mystery in Bollywood. Always suffering in her films, eg Mother Indian and Mard.
The lady in Mother India is Nargis. But the Queen of sorrow is Meena Kumari.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Ovems(f): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=Nwangoma post=35787327]
The lady in Mother India is Nargis. But the Queen of sorrow is Meena Kumari.[/quote
You are right. I just checked the internet and Mother indian is Nargis. Nirupa Roy acted in Mard, Amar Arkbar Anthony and Deewaar and she is known as the Queen of Mystery. Meena Kumari is known as the Queen of Tragedy. Na them sabi with these odd titles.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ovems:

Deewar is a story of two brothers, Amtiabh Bachchan and shashi kapoor. Their father was killed as a result of mob action while they were still kids and their mother had to run away from the village with them. Grown up, Amitabh turned a gang boss while his brother joined the police force. In a nutshell, shashi shot and killed Amitabh due to his attrocities and Amitabh died in their mother's arms in a temple....Pheeewwww, I still remember this movie vividly. Yes like you said, it's a tragedy.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Karleb(m): 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Mard!!!
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Ovems(f): 9:57am On Jul 13, 2015
lolaxavier:

Deewar is a story of two brothers, Amtiabh Bachchan and shashi kapoor. Their father was killed as a result of mob action while they were still kids and their mother had to run away from the village with them. Grown up, Amitabh turned a gang boss while his brother joined the police force. In a nutshell, shashi shot and killed Amitabh due to his attrocities and Amitabh died in their mother's arms in a temple....Pheeewwww, I still remember this movie vividly. Yes like you said, it's a tragedy.
Thanks. I knew it would be tragic.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 10:10am On Jul 13, 2015
Ovems:

Thanks. I knew it would be tragic.

Yeah, you are welcome.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by dridowu: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lovely, thanks op for ds thread

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by dridowu: 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
Krossbow123:
Please we can I Download "the burning Train "
u can download "the burning train" use utorrent to download it

http://themobilebay.org/torrent/8431777/The+Burning+Train+1980+Hindi+1CD+DVDRip+x264+AAC+Esubs+%5BTMB%5D
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
dridowu:
Lovely, thanks op for ds thread

Thank you...just that it won't hit front page. I no know wetin i do MOD.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Episode On Prison Break / This Thread Is About Interesting Movies, Series And Animations / Latest News On Gotv N Dstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.