Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo (2730 Views)

Difference Btw Airtel And Mtn #25 Night Browsing. / New MTN Pulse Tarrif Plan For This May 2016 @11k/sec / Glo Gbam + (plus) Is The Cheapest Glo Call Tariff Plan Of 11k/sec To All Network (2) (3) (4)

Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by Nairapeople(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
The on-going advert campaigns by the four major telecom service providers on their 11 kobo per second tariff for calls is causing ripples from GSM service users and it is authoritative.
While those of Airtel and Etisalat were condemned for being false and misleading, the adverts of Glo and MTN werecommended for being sincere and factual.
In its own campaign, Etisalat said a subscriber “can call over 160 million Nigerians at 11 kobo per second”, while Airtel’scommunication on the same tariff plan said subscribers on Airtel “can call everyone in Nigeria at 11k per second”.
By claiming that a subscriber can call over 160 million Nigerians, Etisalat is implying that all Nigerians, including toddlers, little children and people in communities without telecom coverage, all have telephone lines as Nigeria’s population is estimated at over 160 million. This is also the implication of Airtel’s claim that their subscribers “can call everyone in Nigeria at 11k per second”.
Several subscribers who spoke on the issue observed that only Glo and MTN did not make such false claims. “Both Glo and MTN only announced in their own adverts that subscribers on their network “can call any network at 11 kobo per second,” they noted.
Yusuf Surajudeen, a telephone subscriber in Ilorin said, “The Etisalat and Airtel campaigns on the tariff showed how shallow and hollow telecommunications companies’ communications campaigns have become in Nigeria. That message presupposesthat you can pick the phone and call even toddlers and infants who can’t utter a word or communicate comprehensively.”
Stephen Efosa, a communications student, said he was shocked that the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON)and other regulatory agencies either approved the campaigns or turned a blind eye to the fallacy.
Also speaking on the issues, Chinenye Ogueri, a resident in Awka, Anambra State, said she could not understand why advertisers often feel the people are stupid. “How can you tell me I can call everyone in Nigeria? That is nonsensical hyperbole. It is carrying the exaggeration concept in advertising too far. I’m disappointed with the desperation Airtel and Etisalat displayed in this campaign. They should stop misleading Nigerians. They shou
http://www.newsofthepeople-ng.com/nigerians-flay-etisalat-airtel-over-bogus-11ksec-tariff-campaign/
Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by Visocrate(m): 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
which means make I dey use my everywhere you go
Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by Afeezoladapo(m): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
have u tested it? u go just come nairaland dey blow false claims!
i dont knw abt etisalat bt i use airtel and i'm on the plan. it's working perfectly! i still called with it today!
Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by wolero7(m): 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
This is a sponsored thread. Mtn charges you the daily access fee whether you call or not. Etisalat only charges when you make a call.

Just because they said 160 million Nigerian? That has nothing to do with the service they are providing.

I don't know why you brought up a point that is so shallow. Call who you have to call and let Eti and Airtel be.

Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by Youngpo413: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
Smh
Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by 1886martino(m): 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
I use MTN and AIRTEL. Airtel 11k/s is a fraud. Mtn 11k/s cost N6.7 per minutes any network after N5 daily charge.
Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by Afeezoladapo(m): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
1886martino:
I use MTN and AIRTEL. Airtel 11k/s is a fraud. Mtn 11k/s cost N6.7 per minutes any network after N5 daily charge.
I'm not an airtel agent but i dont like it when ppl lie!
I use airtel and I'm on d package. airtel's own is not fraud! beta Dan mtn's coz I heard I'll only make calls at DAT rate to only registered numba on Mtn. airtel's is to any Naija numba!
Maybe u'r not on d package, u'r just ranting here!
dial *315# and stop ur rant!
Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by piusjohn57: 8:12am On Aug 08, 2015
Those network that claimed that one can call over 160 million people in Nigeria; i for one have 3 working lines. there are others that have more than 3 work lines. therefore , they are not referring to toddler when they talk about 160 million, they were referring to me and others like me that has more than one Sim and those with one sim.
Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by Queeee(m): 8:59am On Aug 08, 2015
wolero7:
This is a sponsored thread. Mtn charges you the daily access fee whether you call or not. Etisalat only charges when you make a call.

Just because they said 160 million Nigerian? That has nothing to do with the service they are providing.

I don't know why you brought up a point that is so shallow. Call who you have to call and let Eti and Airtel be.
I don't knw if its jst my number. Mtn don't charge me dat #5 and its 11k frm d first minute
Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by fetty2008: 11:27am On Aug 08, 2015
NO... Etisalat is Good 11kobo/sec
Re: Airtel And Etisalat's 419 11k/sec Promo by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
This is a blatant lie. This author don't really know what he is saying. He is a selfish and biased critic. He is not on either of the two networks mentioned that is why he could spat nonsense. I am not an agent of any mobile service provider but it pains me when mature people who probably have kids under them lie.

Is there anything wrong in saying you can call over 160 million Nigerians (if at all they all have mobile sets) at such amount?

I am using airtel,i am on the package and it rocks well. This man wrote lies

Awuff Latest And Fastest Free Browsing Mtn N70 Cheat On Android / UK Used Factory Unlocked Iphone 7 Plus Cheap Price / How To Get Free 2GB Data Via Referring On MYMTN App