Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,175 members, 7,957,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. (7454 Views)

Whats The Title Of The Song Topping Your Playlist Right Now ? / Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song / Best Rap Song In Nigeria ✘✘ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:41am On Jul 20, 2015
Jay Rock too. His "follow me home" album is nice.
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Chrisdmeek(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2015
softvio:

tha album waza BIG BANG! F*ck evolutionist!
Evry track on that album is deep n interesting.. Hard tu pick a fav'rite but i settle for HOW MUCH A DOLLAR COST.. D storyline was ou'rof dis world

King kunta : abeg no hype dat nonsense vibe here ooo..lol
. for Real HOW MUCH A DOLLAR COST is a damn food for thought, the story and the twist at the end...mehn.
Lol I like the vibe in king kunta, tho it was more of the gra-gra but he also said a couple of things worth knowing.

But if you take a good listen to d album from the first to d last track, you'll realise it portrays moving from ignorance to realising the things that really matter in life (i.e from bad to good) and vice versa.
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Chrisdmeek(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2015
Qu3sT:
Check out

joey bada$$'s - 1999 (mixtape)
Cunninlynguists - Oneriology (I highly recommend this album)
Dr dre - The chronic (album)
Ab-soul - Control system (album)
Fashawn _ the ecology (album)
Lupe fiasco - Tetsuo & Youth (my favorite albm of 2015 and 'Mural' is my favorite rap song right now)
Kendrick Lamar - TPAB (second favorite album of 2015)
Kendrick Lamar - Good kid m.A.A.D city (best hip hop album of 2012 imo)
Logic - under pressure

Will think of more but this is just from the top of my head.
Yea that's a nice list. Although Fashawn's the Ecology was more of the flows than the message. And if I'm correct, I got the tetsuo and Youth Album in 2014, it's a really nice. A poetic kinda album. and mehn...the songs a damn long Lol
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by softvio(m): 11:46am On Jul 20, 2015
Chrisdmeek:
. for Real HOW MUCH A DOLLAR COST is a damn food for thought, the story and the twist at the end...mehn.
Lol I like the vibe in king kunta, tho it was more of the gra-gra but he also said a couple of things worth knowing.

But if you take a good listen to d album from the first to d last track, you'll realise it portrays moving from ignorance to realising the things that really matter in life (i.e from bad to good) and vice versa.

yeah the dude is so so deep.. He really portays himself as a caterpiller that later changed to a grown free butterfly.. Every track is deep..king kunta talks more king kinte,a very rich farmer who was amputated so he can't run with his farm products in america.. THE BLACKER THE BERRY : dude was sharing the blames of racism on the blacks to,cuz they contributed to gangbanging on the street, so they shouldn't weep when they heard that Trayvon Martin was murdered in the street by a white man.
Bro the concept too long to explain..ma eat first lol..i can outrightly compare TPAB with NAS - ILLMATIC

1 Like

Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:54am On Jul 20, 2015
softvio:

yeah the dude is so so deep.. He really portays himself as a caterpiller that later changed to a grown free butterfly.. Every track is deep..king kunta talks more king kinte,a very rich farmer who was amputated so he can't run with his farm products in america.. THE BLACKER THE BERRY : dude was sharing the blames of racism on the blacks to,cuz they contributed to gangbanging on the street, so they shouldn't weep when they heard that Trayvon Martin was murdered in the street by a white man.
Bro the concept too long to explain..ma eat first lol..i can outrightly compare TPAB with NAS - ILLMATIC
TPAB is a really great album. My only problem with it is that it doesn't really have good replay value. I can only listen to it when I'm in a certain mood.
That's where GKMC trumps TPAB for me. I could listen to it all day
"if pyro's and crips all got along
they'll probably gun me down by the end of this song
seems like the whole city go against me
anytime I'm in the streets I hear
yak yak yak yak"

1 Like

Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by valmunich(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=ShakurM post=35719852][/quote] I love psycho to hell and back. grin
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by valmunich(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
Eminem's kings never die. smiley
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Rick9(m): 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rap god - Eminem
Revenge of the Spartans - Sarkodie
King Kong - Vector
King James - M.I
Run Jozi - Aka
Local Rappers - Reminisce ft Olamide & Phyno
That's all for now
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by softvio(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

TPAB is a really great album. My only problem with it is that it doesn't really have good replay value. I can only listen to it when I'm in a certain mood.
yak yak yak yak"

yeah d album production was a mess to me.. Except"i" .. I have to listen closely to hear d message on "Mortal man"
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by jabberjawz: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mobb Deep's......The infamous Mobb Deep 2014 album is a good album.......majority of the joints were recorded way back in 1994/95.......will recommend you book a spot for it in your archive.........real value for da dollar.

'All a dream ', 'check the credits' & 'Low(feat Mack wilds)' were my favorites in d album
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Qu3sT(m): 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Men 1999 is a classic mixtape. my best songs on it are HardKnock, Survival tactics and Righteous minds.
Can't wait to listen to tetsuo & youth though. I've heard a lot of good things about the album.
Chance the rapper is another good guy. Surf is a great album. Only thing is I usually have to go to rapgenius.com to understand his lyrics because of the Chicago slangs he uses.
Surf was alright, i'll give it 6.5/10, My fav track of the album is probably 'Windows' and Chance greatly improved From his last project.
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Qu3sT(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
Dr Dre - 2001

Eminem - The Eminem Show & The Marshall Mathers LP (2 of eminem's greatest albums and was made when he was at his peak and it'll be a while be4 anyone can reach these two album in terms of lyricism, flow and delivery)

Nas - Illmatic, Stillmatic, Nastradamus
B.I.G - Ready to Die
Outkast - Aquemini, ATLiens (haven't listened to their first album though so I can't comment on it but these two are their best album)
2pac - All eyez on me
Snoopdogg - Doggystyle
J. Cole - 2014 forest Hill drive (although I prefer 'Born Sinner' over this album)
Phryme - Phryme
Wale - The Album about Nothing (wale really put in a lot of effort into this, nice album and my fav songs are 'the girls on drugs, 'the pessimist' and 'the white shoe')
Joey Bada$$ - B4.DA.$$ (not up to 1999 but still an ok album and 'Haesuz View' is up there with 'Waves')
BabBadNotGood & Ghostface Killah - Sour Soul (ghostface killah went hard on this with great songs like 'Food', 'Sour Soul', 'Street Knowledge')
Joe Budden - No Love Lost
Bad meets Evil - Hell: the Sequel
Kendrick Lamar - Section.80

EDIT: forgot about Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

2 Likes

Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
Qu3sT:

Surf was alright, i'll give it 6.5/10, My fav track of the album is probably 'Windows' and Chance greatly improved From his last project.
Nah mehn. I would give surf at least a solid 8/10. Most hip hop heads might not like it because it's not normal rap ish but that's the reason I love Chance. Because of his versatility. But I'd rate Acid Rap Mixtape over it. Acid Rap is like an 8.5
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Qu3sT(m): 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Nah mehn. I would give surf at least a solid 8/10. Most hip hop heads might not like it because it's not normal rap ish but that's the reason I love Chance. Because of his versatility. But I'd rate Acid Rap Mixtape over it. Acid Rap is like an 8.5
To each his own but if rate an album like 'Surf' 8/10, how will you rate an album like Kendrick Lamar's 'To P.imp a Butterfly, Lupe Fiasco's 'Tetsuo & Youth' and Ghostface Killah's 'Sour Soul'.
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
Qu3sT:

To each his own but if rate an album like 'Surf' 8/10, how will you rate an album like Kendrick Lamar's 'To P.imp a Butterfly, Lupe Fiasco's 'Tetsuo & Youth' and Ghostface Killah's 'Sour Soul'.
I would give TPAB like 9.7/10. Haven't listened to the rest yet. People I know have been hyping T&Y so I'll def check it out pretty soon.
Bumping At long La$t A$ap now tho. When I finish fully analysing that I'll move to T $ Y

Surf is a really good record bro. The album just gives you positive vibes and makes you happy.
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Qu3sT(m): 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

I would give TPAB like 9.7/10. Haven't listened to the rest yet. People I know have been hyping T&Y so I'll def check it out pretty soon.
Bumping At long La$t A$ap now tho. When I finish fully analysing that I'll move to T $ Y

Surf is a really good record bro. The album just gives you positive vibes and makes you happy.
At Long Last A$ap was great, Canal St was something else and M'$ was simple amazing with that verse from wayne but you should really check out Tetsuo & Youth cos 'mural' is out of this world......Lupe really pulled out all the stops. While you're at it u should definitely check out Sour Soul by Ghostface Killah, Yelawolf's Love Story and 'The Album about Nothing' by Wale
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
Qu3sT:

At Long Last A$ap was great, Canal St was something else and M'$ was simple amazing with that verse from wayne but you should really check out Tetsuo & Youth cos 'mural' is out of this world......Lupe really pulled out all the stops. While you're at it u should definitely check out Sour Soul by Ghostface Killah, Yelawolf's Love Story and 'The Album about Nothing' by Wale
Album about nothing na today? I Don listen to that thing tire. Wale really tried he gained respect and fanship after that.
I have love story on my laptop, haven't listened yet only seen the video of 'best friend'. Will try and listen to it this week. How good is it on a scale of 1-10
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Qu3sT(m): 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Album about nothing na today? I Don listen to that thing tire. Wale really tried he gained respect and fanship after that.
I have love story on my laptop, haven't listened yet only seen the video of 'best friend'. Will try and listen to it this week. How good is it on a scale of 1-10
Well it's not a normal rap album since he mixes country with rap but that aside i'd rate it 7/10
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by softvio(m): 6:50am On Jul 21, 2015
Pls in the scale of 1-10, how good is that Tetsuo & Youth album?
Cause am a big fan of Lupe Fiasco - Food n Liquor album.. Some one should also tell what was the storyline of the whole album.
Thanks
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Chrisdmeek(m): 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
softvio:

. Yea actually Kunta kinte was a slave (a black slave) whose story was told in a particular novel.
And Blacker the Berry is one of those songs you be listening to as a black man, on the first two verses you be like polishing your AK to go shoot down d white house and on d third verse, all d energy and morale will just condense to d floor.....
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Chrisdmeek(m): 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

yak yak yak yak"
The Thang is You have to listen to d album for like 3-4 times and make some research to in order to grab the message behind em. of course except for songs like how much a dollar cost, Momma, & blacker the Berry which tells straight stories.

Honestly I wanted to delete the album d first time I got it cos what I had in mind was sometin similar to d concept of GKMC .

I don't know tho but I think this album will mostly be compared with Section.80 than Good kid m.A.A.d city

1 Like

Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by softvio(m): 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
Chrisdmeek:
. Yea actually Kunta kinte was a slave (a black slave) whose story was told in a particular novel.
And Blacker the Berry is one of those songs you be listening to as a black man, on the first two verses you be like polishing your AK to go shoot down d white house and on d third verse, all d energy and morale will just condense to d floor.....

yeah! You got ears for real.

1 Like

Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by buzzchick(f): 10:01am On Jul 24, 2015
1. On this side by Khali Abdu
2. Hustle over feelings by Fecko
3. Hate by Gidi Mobb ft. Peter Clarke

Those are the ones I can remember.
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 25, 2015
Who else heard Em's freestyle on "Sway in the Morning"?

Hate and see who gives a Bleep/I invented prick/And this a true statement: I see the bi'tch in you, Caitlyn/I keep the pistol tucked like Bruce Jenner’s dick/No disrespect, though/Not at all/No pun intended, that took a lot of balls.”

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQeZDzO_AgQ&[/youtube]
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by jabberjawz: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hold you down (Remix): Big KRIT feat laws & Emilio Rojas

i recommend dis joint to all hip-hop heads out there......* Dooope aaaaaarse joint*
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by emarketer1: 9:50am On Aug 03, 2015
buzzchick:
1. On this side by Khali Abdu
2. Hustle over feelings by Fecko
3. Hate by Gidi Mobb ft. Peter Clarke

Those are the ones I can remember.

Promising Nigerian rapper FECKO is back with a dope new video for his rap anthem "Hustle Over Feelings". Check it out on NotjustOK http://notjustok.com/2015/08/02/video-fecko-hustle-over-feelings/

Or watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8eIe_hxt30
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by softvio(m): 8:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cc : chrisdmeek AikayDaWrapper

just listen to some tracks on Tetsou n Youth.. Dude dhat guy was damn deep..tracks like Prisoner 1 n 2, Little death,Dots n Lines,Blurr my hands,Delivery,Madonna n MURAL killed it.. Dhat dude is f*cking deep..he ddnt care if u figure out d msg or not

1 Like

Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
softvio:
Cc : chrisdmeek AikayDaWrapper

just listen to some tracks on Tetsou n Youth.. Dude dhat guy was damn deep..tracks like Prisoner 1 n 2, Little death,Dots n Lines,Blurr my hands,Delivery,Madonna n MURAL killed it.. Dhat dude is f*cking deep..he ddnt care if u figure out d msg or not
but no one is deeper than aesop rock tho (not asap rocky).

You could spend a whole week trying to figure one of the guys lines
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Ama80(f): 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
Everybody is liking intl who go come like our local rap.pls I love king kong by vector.2,I lov new guy by sarkodie,3,local rapper by reminisce.pls dat uzee in king kong is frm where,he is out of Ds world.pls we shud encourage our local rappers.
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
Ama80:
Everybody is liking intl who go come like our local rap.pls I love king kong by vector.2,I lov new guy by sarkodie,3,local rapper by reminisce.pls dat uzee in king kong is frm where,he is out of Ds world.pls we shud encourage our local rappers.
The only Nigerian rappers are Boogey, Modenine and Sinzu.
The rest are....
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by chidekings(m): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
Karmanaut:

The only Nigerian rappers are Boogey, Modenine and Sinzu.
The rest are....

And u forget Jesse jagz
Re: What Rap Song Are You Feeling Right Now. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
chidekings:

And u forget Jesse jagz
And the chairman himself, MI.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Beat: Kennymix _ Smalldoctor Penalty Instrumental / Where Are All This Musician Now? / Samklef Ft Olamide - Suwe Remix (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.