Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) (2553 Views)

6 Gunmen Kill Pastor In Umuahia, Abia (Photo) / Robbers, Female Armourer Held In Abia (photo) / Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by MuguliciousMUGU: 1:25am On Jul 11, 2015

Rage, shock and confusion pervaded Okwoyi village, Isieke community in Umuahia North Local Government Area of Abia State as a 15-year-old girl committed suicide after being ganged-raped.
The deceased, Comfort Uche-Ume, a native of Amaeke Abam in Arochukwu LGA of the state, was allegedly raped by three boys; Ndubuisi Wogu, Chinaza Ufomadu, and Francis Onwoboro now on the run.
The deceased was a JSS 3 student of Isieke Community Secondary School and had just finished writing the “Junior WEAC” exam, according to a source.
The source also said two of the culprits hail from Okwoyi while the other is from Ikwuano LGA.
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ezekiel Onyeke said the police had declared the suspected rapists wanted.
Onyeke told Southern City News that the victim who until her death resided at Iyienyi village with her parents, had gone in the company of her sister who was married at Okwoyi, a neighbouring village, to see her (sister) husband.
He said that as evening approached, the deceased opted to return home to remove the clothes they spread outside to save them from getting wet from the threatening rain.
But another source said the deceased decided to return home because she was having the key to their house so that the parents who travelled would not be stranded upon their return.
The PPRO said that as the deceased was trekking back to Iyienyi village alone, she was allegedly accosted by Nwogu, who had been making unsuccessful advances at her.
He said Nwogu, assisted by two other accomplices, dragged the victim to a nearby bush where they gang-raped her, threatening to kill her if she raised any alarm.
Police said that when the sister of the deceased returned home, she met her crying and after enquiries, Comfort narrated her ordeal to her.
Irked by the sexual assault on her sister, she was said to have informed her husband, who quickly rushed to confront one of the suspects and engaged him in a free-for-all.
According to the police, the victim was later brought to Umuahia Central Police Station around 9pm by her parents to officially report the matter.
Onyeke said after lodging the complaint, the police first decided to take the victim to the police clinic for examination and medical attention.
He said after she was examined and the police wanted to take her statement, but the parents pleaded that they should be allowed to take her home, promising to return the next morning since it was getting late so that they could still get transport home.
The incident, according to him, took place Friday last week.
“But instead of returning as they promised, the parents never showed up. The mother of the deceased rather decided to scold her over the incident.
“The mother mismanaged the situation. She said to her ‘Have I not warned you not to go to Okwoyi village alone? Now three men have raped you and if you become pregnant, who will be the father of the baby?’
“On Tuesday morning, the mother of the victim allegedly went to her room again and started talking to her. She later invited her for the family’s morning devotion, but she declined,”
The state police spokesman pointed out that when the family began to hold their morning devotion about 20 minutes later, a shout was heard outside the house and the family members rushed out.
According to him, the initial thinking of family members was that the rapists had come to attack her again.
But that was not to be as they were shocked to their marrows to see the lifeless body of their daughter, who was reportedly seen leave her room with a head tie/ veil across her shoulders, dangling on a guava tree beside their house. She had committed suicide!
Police said the deceased might have decided to take her life out of frustration and possible stigmatisation.
The PPRO, therefore, advised parents and guardians to exercise caution when “they manage sensitive situations that might come their way, especially the ones affecting their children or wards.”
He said, “Parents should avoid stigmatising their children, but treat them with love anytime such unfortunate situation comes up.”
Onyeke also appealed to members of the public with any credible information about the whereabouts of the alleged rapists to volunteer same to the nearest police station for prompt action.
Meanwhile, a source at Okwoyi told our correspondent that the villagers had begun a manhunt for the suspects.
The source said hunters had been mobilised to comb every nook and cranny of the village for their possible arrest.
According to the source, the villagers are not taking the incident lightly, vowing to stop at nothing in bringing the culprits to bok.
“This is an abomination and we will make sure we fish them out of any hole they may have run into,” the source said.
http://www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/girl-15-commits-suicide-after-being-gang-raped/
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Karlman: 1:28am On Jul 11, 2015
OH SO BAD

GOD HAVE MERCY ON HER SOUL
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 11, 2015
Only in nigeria
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by jane0000(f): 1:37am On Jul 11, 2015
Too bad. May those rapist never know peace in their life Ijn.

2 Likes

Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by IbokUtoroh(m): 1:38am On Jul 11, 2015
^^^amen
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Succulentlick: 1:44am On Jul 11, 2015
.The heart of men is truly filled with filth. Those guys deserve to be buried alive.

RIP to the poor girl, what a shame.
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 11, 2015
I know some anti-buhari will blame presidency for her death.... tongue
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 11, 2015
RIP to the dead, her mother was supposed to be her strength in this her crucial time of adversity in life but she decided to be her greatest nightmare. Parenting is not by age or success but simple wisdom.
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by donsax: 1:53am On Jul 11, 2015
Hope the bas..tard are caught and sentence to death too
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 11, 2015
it shall never get well with her rapers.
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Rucheen(m): 2:07am On Jul 11, 2015
Why didn't they arrest those dogs immediately, to me, the mother should be arrested
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Cpumping(m): 2:15am On Jul 11, 2015
Too many sad stories.
I dnt tink we take rape/child molesting seriously in this country.
A flawed judicial system that wd drag sensitive cases over two years without passing judgement.
Abi police dat wd collect money n release dese pple bk to the streets.

I am sad.
Wd dese ever stop?
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Csami(m): 2:31am On Jul 11, 2015
May evil people never know peace.
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by olasmith10(m): 2:46am On Jul 11, 2015
I sincerely think at dis point, der should be a national sensitization on d issue of rape, its punishment and how our ladies can avoid bn raped.. govt can empower d NYCS to do dis as part of their community development service. The emotional trauma associated with rape is a threat to peaceful coexistence among people of d opposite sex.
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by speeder(m): 2:50am On Jul 11, 2015
I don't know why I just hate Buhari. I just want to blame him for everything
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Vikkie14: 3:16am On Jul 11, 2015
One. I condole with the family of the girl. May God grant them the fortiitude to bear the loss.

Two. That girl's mother is not a mother atall. Simple as ABC. You dont scold someone who went through traumatising event. The frustration,shame,trauma,anguish and pain from that alone is enough to kill her. Now, you added yours to it by scolding(maybe even abusing and cursing the young lady) her. That is not wisdom, That is Foolishness.

Thirdly. If i should say RIP to the dead, am just deceiving myself. What Rest? After she took her own life? Commiting suicide isn't the best solution.

As an adage says: "Cutting off the head is not the cure for Headache".

2 Likes

Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:42am On Jul 11, 2015
Why is there an increase in incidences of rape? What has happened to men these days? With due respect to the womenfolk, I think women has become more 'accessible' to men in recent years. Women are now everywhere and within reach as there are plenty of them willing to accept sexual or love proposal from men. One only need to ask politely and with the right motivation, one would have a lady to call his, instead of resorting to rape.

Have men become weaker or insane? We need to review our Laws on rape.

I think the mother pushed her to her death. She refused to become a mother when it mattered most to the little girl.

1 Like

Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 11, 2015
Cpumping:
Too many sad stories.
I dnt tink we take rape/child molesting seriously in this country.
A flawed judicial system that wd drag sensitive cases over two years without passing judgement.
Abi police dat wd collect money n release dese pple bk to the streets.

I am sad.
Wd dese ever stop?

The delay is not even the issue. If the trial took some time to allow for real Justice of the matter, that would be accepted cos Justice delayed might be Justice denied, but Justice rushed is Justice crushed. The problem is that to prove the ingredients of rape is like pushing the proverbial camel through the eye of a needle.
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by buoye1(m): 4:03am On Jul 11, 2015
Not worth it
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by azimibraun: 5:04am On Jul 11, 2015
What matters most at this time? Becouse I know my "Nigerian" people always getting everything wrong. Attention has now shifted to the least issue instead of the main issue. Men cannot runaway from a crime like this let alone small rats. They will be apprehended in no time. We should focus now on how to prevent Rape a little more and how to put a message out there to would be "Victims" that there is plenty of life after "Rape" and it feels better when victims are present in court to witness the sentencing of the animals instead of this 3-0 the victim has suffered in this case. You were RAPED... You have LOST your life...You have SINNED(suicide). it's 3-0

1 Like

Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Yustash001(m): 5:08am On Jul 11, 2015
May God punish those rapists....

1 Like

Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Kinkale(m): 5:22am On Jul 11, 2015
Nigerian parents disgust me!! Chai.. In my opinion the mother killed her daughter not the rapist...

Rip

1 Like

Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by djjosh(m): 5:26am On Jul 11, 2015
rapist evriwer in d east...
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by mojeed4(m): 5:35am On Jul 11, 2015
HeartRobber:
Only in nigeria

Looks like its high time you left Nigeria.
Go to India and you will thank God for being in Nigeria where raping is still a little bit mild...
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by teewhydope(m): 6:00am On Jul 11, 2015
Op this your monicker sef grin grin grin

Back To Topic: Ki olohun te si afefe rere
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by boboLIL(m): 6:06am On Jul 11, 2015
The acti0n caused her em0ti0nal trauma....buh dah d0esnt w0rth her life na.... Chai

Suicide is nva a way t0 rest ursef peace......

S0rry lil gal.... U went t00 far

Back fr0m nairaland pris0n......ts really n0t a place t0 be 0h.....thank G0d I'm free t0 c0mment n0w....

Wh0eva ban me,,,, ur bl00d de h0t 0h
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 11, 2015
Hh
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by modskiller(m): 6:27am On Jul 11, 2015
Awwww so sad
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by iamboody(m): 7:01am On Jul 11, 2015
RIP to the dead. Meanwhile I don't think suicide is worth it as an answer to rape victims. Please stop doing it.
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2015
the rapist should be jailed for crime of rape and the mother jail for man slaughter or rather girl slaughter
Re: Girl, 15, Commits Suicide After Being Gang- Raped In Abia (PHOTO) by elvision1(m): 9:19am On Jul 11, 2015
Kinkale:
Nigerian parents disgust me!! Chai.. In my opinion the mother killed her daughter not the rapist...

Rip

they don't know! The girl was traumatized and her mum made tinz worst by making it seem like its her fault. Giving her things to worry about,adding more burden to the one she was already carrying. Smh. She must have felt so depressed and saw that she couldn't take what was to come so decided to end it all. The family must have been nonchalant to her pains and agonies. Shes just 15 For christ sake! In a modernized society the most paramount thing to do is to take her to a psychologist for mental embalment. I rest my case for nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Lady Who Died While Undergoing Plastic Surgery. / How To Identify Yahoo Boys. Never Fall Victim / Mother Of Two Swallowed Whole By A 7foot Python. Graphic Photos !!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.