Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians (65446 Views)

Taxify Wants To Change The Way 18 Million Lagosians Move Daily / Lagosians Use Faeces To Put Out Fire On Road, Poo Truck Explodes (Video) / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by LeSudAfricaine: 10:03am On Jul 13, 2015
Very very funny!!

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by LeSudAfricaine: 10:24am On Jul 13, 2015
OohLalah:

Then they say we envy them, jealous of them? Kikkikiiiikiiiki! They are really a bunch of looonies! Hahahahaaa!
becareful this is the so-called "Giant of Africa" we talking about, ha ha ha!

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by efemenaslectura: 10:31am On Jul 13, 2015
Olaone1:

Hmmm. So, you are Kulyie. Why did you abandon that moniker?

Hope you are doing great, though
o yes. wink

I abandoned it because the mods arrested the monicas wink
Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by elohorayodele: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
escalator is now a tourist attraction, na wa oh.

No wonder the world thinks most people in Africa still live in the forest embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by laudate: 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Viktor1983:
U use the escalator, u go up or down.
if u use the stairs, u achieve same while burning up some calories.
Escalators are good for places with high human traffic, very necessary for a mall.
Whatever rocks ur boat, its all good.

These people rejoicing over escalators are bush people. Na where dem dey since? grin

Escalators used to be plenty at the old Leventis and Kingsway stores in Marina , Lagos in the eighties before they folded up.

Mega Plaza in Victoria Island, Lagos has had an efficient escalator installed there for over 5 years. It is still functional. And the local airport MM2 in Ikeja constructed by Wale Babalakin has two escalators.... all functional. cool Let us not even mention the fine escalator at Eko Hotel in Victoria Island.

Several buildings in Lagos have escalators that are functional and have been in use for years!! shocked

So why is there so much excitement over an escalator??!! shocked shocked It is just a series of moving stairs! undecided

What will they do if they see a fast moving conveyor belt carrying luggage on a circular carousel?? Will they faint, stagger or collapse in shock?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by laudate: 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
pimpc007:
i've been using escalators in abuja since 2007... been using in enugu for some years. why is this new in lagos?

ekiloui:
Lmao,

This long epistle for ordinary escalator?

It seems lagos people are bush ooo.

backtosender:
This is very funny nigeria is a backward country i swear grin grin

Olaone1:

What you guys don't know is that this is normal. Escalators are not common in Lagos. Fact! And, everyone gets excited when they see new, uncommon things.

Do you want me to post pictures showing how excited some people were when new plinths were erected at Trafalgar Square?

PS: when we tell you lot that Lagos is not a modern city - by world standard, you Lagosians get really annoyed. Last I checked, no pipe borne water in that gaddem city undecided

That title is totally misleading. It is not Lagosians that are excited about the escalator. It is just one bush boy from Ogun State visiting Lagos, for the first time!!! shocked grin

The writer of that article is just a lazy hack, that is generalising and has tarred all Lagosians with the same brush. He is probably trying to generate publicity for the owners of the mall, but he is going about it the wrong way!

I grew up in Lagos, and I have lost count of the number of escalators that I have seen and used!! angry It is definitely NOT a new thing in Lagos.
Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by MPSA(m): 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
laudate:

That title is totally misleading. It is not Lagosians that are excited about the escalator. It is just one bush boy from Ogun State visiting Lagos, for the first time!!! shocked grin

The writer of that article is just a lazy hack, that is generalising and has tarred all Lagosians with the same brush. He is probably trying to generate publicity for the owners of the mall, but he is going about it the wrong way!

I grew up in Lagos, and I have lost count of the number of escalators that I have seen and used!! angry It is definitely NOT a new thing in Lagos.

I believe OP is right, People from OP's photo support his statement, if you can see the guy with white trouser grin and the one with red T shirt actions, you will understand why I believe OP is correct grin beside that read all the comments from first page and see people are happy, except you. grin
Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by Olaone1: 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
efemenaslectura:
o yes. wink

I abandoned it because the mods arrested the monicas wink
Mods? And you are easy-going oo. grin
Wicked mods tongue
Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by laudate: 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
MPSA:

I believe OP is right, People from OP's photo support his statement, if you can see the guy with white trouser grin and the one with red T shirt actions, you will understand why I believe OP is correct grin beside that read all the comments from first page and see people are happy, except you. grin

Lagos has a population of over 10 million citizens. Did the OP interview up to 50% of them to arrive at his conclusion?

He saw one or two people getting excited over an escalator and concluded that all Lagosians have not seen an escalator before, that is why they are excited. How silly is that? undecided

Yes, you are correct sha! I am not excited by the news because escalators are not a new thing to me. sad sad

I get excited by more interesting things that add value to life & living, not a series of mechanical stairs! mtcheew! shocked
Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by MPSA(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
laudate:

Lagos has a population of over 10 million citizens. Did the OP interview up to 50% of them to arrive at his conclusion?

He saw one or two people getting excited over an escalator and concluded that all Lagosians have not seen an escalator before, that is why they are excited. How silly is that? undecided

Yes, you are correct sha! I am not excited by the news because escalators are not a new thing to me. sad sad

I get excited by more interesting things that add value to life & living, not a series of mechanical stairs! mtcheew! shocked

Take it easy My friend grin life goes on cheesy, God will bless our continent(Africa) one day, enjoy your life man wink
Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by efemenaslectura: 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Olaone1:

Mods? And you are easy-going oo. grin
Wicked mods tongue
very very grin
Re: Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians by Whobedatte(m): 10:30am On Jan 06, 2016
beebeethomas:
I still get nervous when approaching the elevator so I just respect myself and use the stairs, better safe than sorry but I'm gradually overcoming my fear and I've ridden it twice.
Also @ OP there's an escalator in the Filmhouse building and shoprite in surulere, how could you forget?.
u na correct
Lasgidi madam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos City: What Adeniyi Jones Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Cotonou, Benin Republic / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.