Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Desperately In Need Of Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Desperately In Need Of Advice. (935 Views)

Please Help A Sister In Need Of Advice Immediately / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperately In Need Of Advice. by Sleekbaby(f): 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Just heard dis story dis evening from joy prime. A guy got married and after wedding things got difficult but an opportunity later came for him to travel to Australia for a contract that will yield money but the major problem is that there is no money, he managed to obtain his visa after selling some valuables including his wedding ring and at the end of the day the money remaining cannot afford his ticket and nobody agreed to lend him money.
So he now begged the wife to sell her own gold wedding ring dt when he gets to Australia he will buy another one for her but she said that she cannot do it reason being dt if she should sell d wedding ring that when the husband gets there dt he will forget her and marry Oyibo woman.

My question now is, if u r in the woman's shoe what will u do? Do u think that the man can't divorce d lady with or without d wedding ring?
Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by donbenedict(m): 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mk she no sell am ooo
Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
This is a very stupid question.
I don't talk like this on a good day but the person asking this seem to have a very low IQ.
Don't people divorce, have side chick, re-marry or separate with wedding ring on?

What baffles me is the husbands inability to get cash for such an important adventure as this. Does he have integrity issues? This must have propelled the wife's reaction.

However, for a better life, she can sell. Wedding ring is symbolic but not binding. What's binding is the vows and the heart of both parties.

3 Likes

Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by khel(m): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
sell wetin, the guy dey high on drugs?
Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by bukatyne(f): 1:45am On Jul 12, 2015
The wife sounds dumb.

Her concern should be the husband retaining his ring (If she is scared of him leaving her) [as If the ring can stop anything]

How Does she keeping her ring secure her love in the husband's heart?

1 Like

Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by ronald4lif(m): 2:27am On Jul 12, 2015
The story is from a third party source and the caption reads desperately in need of advice as if it's a personal account
Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by Dyt(f): 6:09am On Jul 12, 2015
Orisirisi
She wants to do I am married flaunting ring
Lmao
The way some women reason ehn
cheesy cheesy
Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by Came: 7:55am On Jul 12, 2015
Even if the husband buys her a diamond ring later, it will never be compared to the original ring used for the " I do" I feel the woman's emotion. Let him sell his own ring , or try getting money elsewhere.
Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by Richy4(m): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2015
I have a question for you OP.

Why did you caption this thread like that only for it to be some silly article that you read?

Any wayz, i have forgiven you.
Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by Sleekbaby(f): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Richy4:
I have a question for you OP.

Why did you caption this thread like that only for it to be some silly article that you read?

Any wayz, i have forgiven you.

Thanks for forgiving me. I was only curious to know wot pple will say dt was y I gave it d tittle.
Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by Sleekbaby(f): 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
As for me I don't think that the ring can stop d guy from divorcing her if he so wish to. I know dt selling d ring is just like breaking their bond but I know dt selling d ring is for good since there's no other option.

I can tell u authoritatively dt if ds guy manages to get d money elsewhere n get to abroad he will divorce d lady at once.
Re: Desperately In Need Of Advice. by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
The ring has a lot of sentimental value to her, so it's understandable if she's hesitant in selling it.

I smell cock & bull though.

(1) (Reply)

Which One Will You Choose? / Strange: Woman Give Birth To 17 Babies At Once / Why Are All Nigerians Addicted To Using Smelly Filthy Toilets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.