Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (78870 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Emu4life(m): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
thier is notin spiritual about the bble, dey just keep calling spirituality as if its thier names, if dey claim we dont have Holy spirit dey dat have Holy spirit, why do dey keep commiting greveous offence? Abi na Holy spirit dey make pple SIN....Spirituality and Holy spirit is d greatest scam in christianity. Dey end up saying " U dont have Holy spirit wen dey ar pushed to d wall( if not so defend all dz contradictions and say dey ar false.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by annibro(f): 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
hamzeiy:

soo god would have to call me before i belong to the faith.....i guess i wont be punished then if am not called....or would he punish me....rmber its not my fault....he is the one that didnt call me to join the cart in the first place...as youve said......and i know my God is not an unjust god...i dnt knw of yours

Yes some people are predestined & chosen. It depens on ur heart if u're broken & willing.
I wouldn't know if we're serving D same God. Mine is D Almighty, Creator of D heavens & d earth & has a Son Jesus Christ. If yours doesn't have a Son, den am sorry we're not serving d same God.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by neocortex: 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
kristisking:
The righter should have asked to be elightened before the rubbish.This is always the misconception coming from pagans.Embrace christianity and stop living in darkness,you and those that like your chidish comment.

Don't you find it weird to ask someone to embrace what you yourself don't understand ?
That is the height of selfishness.

Now tell me what makes you think you are better than the "pagans" , your bible say so I guess.
The same bible that is full of inconsistencies , contradictions and divisions ?

Anyone with an iota of humanity who had read the bible will cringe and feel ashamed
of the widespread killing and destruction that were sanctioned by Yahweh.

I implore you to enlighten yourself and be set free.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by femi4: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Weah96:

I wish there was a God so that it can punish you for writing nonsense.
You lack basic knowledge. "My people perish cos of lack of knowledge."
The word of God is not like "things fall apart" you can just pick up , read and understand. Unless you are save, you and the OP will always be in confusion

Read Act 8:26-35

26 Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 27 So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopian[a] eunuch, an important official in charge of all the treasury of the Kandake (which means “queen of the Ethiopians”). This man had gone to Jerusalem to worship, 28 and on his way home was sitting in his chariot reading the Book of Isaiah the prophet. 29 The Spirit told Philip, “Go to that chariot and stay near it.”

30 Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked.

31 “How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

32 This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading:

“He was led like a sheep to the slaughter,
and as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
33 In his humiliation he was deprived of justice.
Who can speak of his descendants?
For his life was taken from the earth.”

34 The eunuch asked Philip, “Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?” 35 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by folafola(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
efilefun:
SO those animals killing around kills only christians right shows how deluded you are... was a mosque not blown recently even the Emir Lamido's mosque was attacked last year so stop reasoning like a lipsrsealed
These people see anyone who do not belif sura9:29 as kafir wether you are in a mosque or not since you are not carrying out same belif they got from mohammed in sura 9:29 then you stand a chance to be bombed as well. I am not ashamed of the gospel of christ it is the power of God unto salvation

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Do you know the part of the Bible that says do not add or remove bla bla bla or the part that says Heaven and earth will surely pass away before one word does not come to pass. If you say the Bible is not to be taken literally then you must mean the whole of it, not choosing the nonsensical part as the ones not to be taken literally. Even the existence of God is also literal. Agree?
sukkot:
the bible tells you in many parts in it that it is not to be taken literally. so if you read it literally like a story thats because something is wrong with you. its called being in darkness
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by kritikali(m): 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:
This is not the first time I noticed some bible verses are actually saying the opposite of another. Isn't the gospel supposed to be preached in one accord? I first noticed that Jesus Christ actually turned water into wine(alcoholic wine not fruit wine cos my Yoruba bible says "oti wine"wink which means Jesus somehow endorses wine. In the same Bible again I saw in Galatians(can't remember the chapter and verse), where the fruits of the flesh were listed, drunkenness was listed also. undecided

Another thing that ultimately made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. —Hebrews 8:7

Another one was when God brought a sheet unto Peter which contained various four-legged and two-legged animals and beasts of different kind, then God told Peter to arise, kill and eat. Peter refused saying he cannot eat unclean things, God rebuked him by saying how can he(Peter) call the things He(God) created unclean?

And later I read another verse where God outlined the forbidden animals, birds and beasts we should not eat. undecided

I was confused, so I went online to checkout if there are more Bible verses that contradicts one another, the ones I found are listed below[/font][/size][/b][/color]

Atheists should keep off this thread pls

Don't u know it will only the intervention of the holy spirit for us christians to understand that we are commanded to kill at will, but we chose not to cos we are blind? And don't u know also it will take same spirit to let us know jesus is a fagit,and we shld emulate him.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by folafola(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
neocortex:
Don't mind those hiding behind context those verses on killing means nothing but kill.
Except the meaning of "kill" has changed.
It is actually some christian apologists who are ashamed of the "history of god"
that are trying so hard to misrepresent the history which the Jews themselves are very proud of.

There actually many verses in the bible that commanded the killing of ones enemies.
The only way to make sense of those commandments is to differentiate between Jews and gentiles
and recognize Yahweh as the local god of the ancient semitic people.

The 10 commandments was only relevant if you are dealing with the "people of god"
otherwise it is OK to kill and plunder enemy territories.

Sometime one wonder how there is so much similarity between ISIS ideology and various old testament
commandments e.g Beheading , stoning to death , crucifixion e.t.c.

My opinion.

HOW MANY OF THE TERRORIST GROUP YOU KNOW QUOTE FROM THE SO CALLED VERSES IN THE BIBLE? BUT THEY HAVE GOT THEIR BOOK AND THEY QUOTE FREELY FROM IT WHILE KILLING UNBELIEVERS .......SURA 9:29 SEE YOUTUBE FOR THE VIDEOS AND HOW THEY QUOTE IT SHOUTING ALLAHU AKBAR

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by damilareoye: 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
Coldfeet:
When you read the Holy Bible like a novel or newspaper confusion is what you get!

But if you invite the Holy spirit to lead you and grant you understanding, you will have wisdom to understand the word of God.

My God is not a God of confusion!!!!
the word of God is perfect .
God bless you sis... a person can't just pick out a bible verse and begins to make wrong analyses without taking time to understand the the bible verses that comes before the verse in question.

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by mildflame: 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
hamzeiy:

guy.. our God is not a confused god that dosnt know the difference between 7 and 17....love and hate....kill and dont kill.......keep deceiving yourselves untill you visit the grave....you shall come to know whose right and whose wrong

U dis INFINITE PRESUMPTUOUS BASTARD go 4K Urself n ur GOD....who give a 4K about ur UTTER USELESS GOD
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by farouzy: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
elijah2u:
ur heart is devoid of the true knowledge of The Bible. bros, u dnt read to understand all these counter allegations. u need someone to explain the Bible to u. these verses that u extracted to seems the way u think are not well studied by u. U
young man how else do you want him to understand it..we are seeing verses contradicting each other clearly.it gives a diferent number here,a diferent number there and u are stil decieving ursef with the concept of holy spirit leadin people to understand wat they read.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by folafola(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
plaetton:

Lol@ holy holy spiri spiri mumbo jumbo.
grin
If you already have the holy spiri spiri in You, then what would be the point of reading the bible that is written, revised and edited by mere men?
the bible was never directly from the mout of God but were written by men as they were inspired all these trash does not affect the THEME and SUBJECT MATTER of the scripter 2 TIM 3:16, BUT dont be surprised if i tell you that quran was revised by jubril, and collated by uthman who burnt the other manuscripts, thanks to the scripture for in it i have found salvation
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Bankitee(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
ShakurM:
Your verses are taken out of contexts and paragraphs now

When we take text out of their context we are stripping the meaning of the verses and give them a different, and usually a wrong meaning.

Example 1 ;

Matthew 5:39 “if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.”

Jesus is not saying that we shouldn’t defend ourselves but He is using hyperbole or exaggeration.  What He means is that when others insult you, don’t retaliate.  Just turn the other cheek, not to have them slap you there…but to turn the other way and to leave vengeance to God (Rom 12:19. ).  Even Jesus “When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly” (1 Pet 2:23).

Example 2;

Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

Paul is not telling the church at Philippi that they can do anything they want or can do all things that they want to do.  He is saying that we can do anything “through Christ” or “in Christ.”  The context is saying that we can do anything that is in the will of Jesus Christ because He is the One who will strengthen (enable) you do to it.  Paul is not saying that you can do anything you want or anything in Christ that is not His will but he is saying that we can endure all sufferings if we are in Christ because just before 4:13 Paul writes “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:  I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need” (Phil 4:11-12).  Paul was writing this in prison and he was likely cold, hungry, and alone, yet he learned to be content in whatever state he was in…but only “in Christ.”  It might be better to think of this as saying “We can endure all things in Christ.”

Example 3

First John 4:16b “God is love.”

Yes, God is love, but that is only one tiny fraction of the manifold attributes of God.  This is like someone saying something about me to another person; “Jack is a cousin.”  Yes, I am a cousin, but I am also a husband, a father, a grandfather, a son, an uncle, and so on.  You cannot elevate one attribute of God to the exclusion of His other attributes.  Many say that a loving God would not send someone to hell because “God is love.” Yes, God is love but love and discipline go together.  Their “God is love” is a God created in their own image.  First and foremost, God is holy.  He cannot even look upon sin and that is why He turned away from Jesus, His only Son, at the cross.  I love my children and my grandchildren and I would discipline them if they ran out into the street to play because they could get hurt, or worse, killed.  My love comes with my discipline. It is exactly because I love them that I do discipline them, just as God disciplines every one of His own children (Heb 12:5-7).

this is divine sense

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by kristisking(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=neocortex post=35781224]

Don't you find it weird to ask someone to embrace what you yourself don't understand ?
That is the height of selfishness.

Now tell me what makes you think you are better than the "pagans" , your bible say so I guess.
The same bible that is full of inconsistencies , contradictions and divisions ?

Anyone with an iota of humanity who had read the bible will cringe and feel ashamed
of the widespread killing and destruction that were sanctioned by Yahweh.

I implore you to enlighten yourself and be set free.[/quoteAlthough I may not know the religion you practise,but I want you to know that christianity is a peaceful religion.You might have been brainwashed to believe what you are saying but the bottomline is that any religion where there is bloodshed,there is a question in it.Christians do not kill fellow humans to appease God.It is satanic.I pray God deliver you.You need help.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by dblaisepascal(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:
1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16 God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2 4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/
Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be
heard John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/
1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28 6. God is everywhere present, sees
and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job
34:22,21
God is not everywhere present,
neither sees nor knows all things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in
their heart Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/
Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam
2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14 10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/
Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom
9:11-13/ Matt 13:12 11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/
Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James
1:13 12. God gives freely to those who
ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and
prevents men from receiving
them John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is
63:17
13. God is to be found by those
who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33 15. God is cruel, unmerciful,
destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam
15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God's anger is fierce and
endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of,
and delights in burnt offerings,
sacrifices ,and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no
pleasure in burnt offerings,
sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is
1:13,11,12 18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg
11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
Deut 12:30,31
19. God tempts men Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/
Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
James 1:13
20. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18 God lies by proxy; he sends forth
lying spirits t deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek
14:9
21. Because of man's wickedness
God destroys him Gen 6:5,7
Because of man's wickedness
God will not destroy him
Gen 8:21
22. God's attributes are revealed in
his works. Rom 1:20
God's attributes cannot be
discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28
23. There is but one God
Deut 6:4 There is a plurality of gods
Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/
1 John 5:7 Moral Precepts 24. Robbery commanded
Ex 3:21,22/ Ex 12:35,36
Robbery forbidden
Lev 19:13/ Ex 20:15
25. Lying approved and sanctioned
Josh 2:4-6/ James 2:25/ Ex 1:18-20/ 1 Kings 22:21,22
Lying forbidden
Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8
26. Hatred to the Edomite
sanctioned
2 Kings 14:7,3 Hatred to the Edomite forbidden
Deut 23:7
27. Killing commanded
Ex 32:27
Killing forbidden
Ex 20:13 28. The blood-shedder must die
Gen 9:5,6
The blood-shedder must not die
Gen 4:15
29. The making of images
forbidden Ex 20:4
The making of images
commanded
Ex 25:18,20
30. Slavery and oppression
ordained Gen 9:25/ Lev 25:45,46/ Joel 3:8
Slavery and oppression forbidden
Is 58:6/ Ex 22:21/ Ex 21:16/ Matt
23:10
31. Improvidence enjoyed
Matt 6:28,31,34/ Luke 6:30,35/ Luke 12:3
Improvidence condemned
1 Tim 5:8/ Prov 13:22
32. Anger approved
Eph 4:26
Anger disapproved Eccl 7:9/ Prov 22:24/ James 1:20
33. Good works to be seen of men
Matt 5:16
Good works not to be seen of
men
Matt 6:1 34. Judging of others forbidden
Matt 7:1,2
Judging of others approved
1 Cor 6:2-4/ 1 Cor 5:12
35. Christ taught non-resistance
Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52 Christ taught and practiced
physical resistance
Luke 22:36/ John 2:15
36. Christ warned his followers not
to fear being killed
Luke 12:4 Christ himself avoided the Jews
for fear of being killed
John 7:1
37. Public prayer sanctioned
1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3
Public prayer disapproved Matt 6:5,6
38. Importunity in prayer
commended
Luke 18:5,7
Importunity in prayer condemned
Matt 6:7,8 39. The wearing of long hair by
men sanctioned
Judg 13:5/ Num 6:5
The wearing of long hair by men
condemned
1 Cor 11:14 40. Circumcision instituted
Gen 17:10
Circumcision condemned
Gal 5:2
41. The Sabbath instituted
Ex 20:8 The Sabbath repudiated
Is 1:13/ Rom 14:5/ Col 2:16
42. The Sabbath instituted because
God rested on the seventh day
Ex 20:11
The Sabbath instituted because God brought the Israelites
out of Egypt
Deut 5:15
43. No work to be done on the
Sabbath under penalty of death
Ex 31:15/ Num 15:32,36 Jesus Christ broke the Sabbath
and justified his disciples in
the same
John 5:16/ Matt 12:1-3,5
44. Baptism commanded
Matt 28:19 Baptism not commanded
1 Cor 1:17,14
45. Every kind of animal allowed for
food.
Gen 9:3/ 1 Cor 10:25/ Rom 14:14
Certain kinds of animals prohibited for food.
Deut 14:7,8
46. Taking of oaths sanctioned
Num 30:2/ Gen 21:23-24,31/
Gen 31:53/ Heb 6:13
Taking of oaths forbidden Matt 5:34
47. Marriage approved
Gen 2:18/ Gen 1:28/ Matt 19:5/
Heb 13:4
Marriage disapproved
1 Cor 7:1/ 1 Cor 7:7,8 48. Freedom of divorce permitted
Deut 24:1/ Deut 21:10,11,14
Divorce restricted
Matt 5:32
49. Adultery forbidden
Ex 20:14/ Heb 13:4 Adultery allowed
Num 31:18/ Hos 1:2; 2:1-3
50. Marriage or cohabitation with a
sister denounced
Deut 27:22/ Lev 20:17
Abraham married his sister and God blessed the union
Gen 20:11,12/ Gen 17:16
51. A man may marry his brother's
widow
Deut 25:5
A man may not marry his brother's widow
Lev 20:21
52. Hatred to kindred enjoined
Luke 14:26
Hatred to kindred condemned
Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29 53. Intoxicating beverages
recommended
Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps
104:15
Intoxicating beverages
discountenanced Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32
54. It is our duty to obey our rulers,
who are God's ministers
and punish evil doers only
Rom 13:1-3,6
It is not our duty to obey rulers, who sometimes punish the
good and receive unto
themselves damnation therefor
Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan
6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/
Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35
55. Women's rights denied
Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor
14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
Women's rights affirmed
Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9
56. Obedience to masters enjoined
Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
Obedience due to God only
Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10
57. There is an unpardonable sin Mark 3:29
There is not unpardonable sin
Acts 13:39 Historical Facts 58. Man was created after the other
animals
Gen 1:25,26,27
Man was created before the other
animals
Gen 2:18,19 59. Seed time and harvest were
never to cease
Gen 8:22
Seed time and harvest did cease
for seven years
Gen 41:54,56/ Gen 45:6 60. God hardened Pharaoh's heart
Ex 4:21/ Ed 9:12
Pharaoh hardened his own heart
Ex 8:15
61. All the cattle and horses in Egypt
died Ex 9:3,6/ 14:9
All the horses of Egypt did not die
Ex 14:9
62. Moses feared Pharaoh
Ex 2:14,15,23; 4:19
Moses did not fear Pharaoh Heb 11:27
63. There died of the plague
twenty-four thousand
Num 25:9
There died of the plague but
twenty-three thousand 1 Cor 10:8
64. John the Baptist was Elias
Matt 11:14
John the Baptist was not Elias
John 1:21
65. The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
Matt 1:16
The father of Mary's husband was
Heli
Luke 3:23
66. The father of Salah was Arphaxad
Gen 11:12
The father of Salah was Cainan
Luke 3:35,36
67. There were fourteen
generations from Abraham to David Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen
generations from Abraham to David
Matt 1:2-6
68. There were fourteen
generations from the Babylonian captivity
to Christ.
Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen
generations from the Babylonian
captivity to Christ Matt 1:12-16
69. The infant Christ was taken into
Egypt
Matt 2:14,15,19,21,23
The infant Christ was not taken
into Egypt Luke 2:22, 39
70. Christ was tempted in the
wilderness
Mark 1:12,13
Christ was not tempted in the
wilderness John 2:1,2
71. Christ preached his first sermon
on the mount
Matt 5:1,2
Christ preached his first sermon
on the plain Luke 6:17,20
72. John was in prison when Jesus
went into Galilee
Mark 1:14
John was not in prison when
Jesus went into Galilee John 1:43/ John 3:22-24
73. Christ's disciples were
commanded to go forth with a staff
and sandals
Mark 6:8,9
Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with neither
staffs nor sandals.
Matt 10:9,10
74. A woman of Canaan besought
Jesus
Matt 15:22 It was a Greek woman who
besought Him
Mark 7:26
75. Two blind men besought Jesus
Matt 20:30
Only one blind man besought Him Luke 18:35,38
76. Christ was crucified at the third
hour
Mark 15:25
Christ was not crucified until the
sixth hour John 19:14,15
77. The two thieves reviled Christ.
Matt 27:44/ Mark 15:32
Only one of the thieves reviled
Christ
Luke 23:39,40 78. Satan entered into Judas while
at supper
John 13:27
Satan entered into him before the
supper
Luke 22:3,4,7 79. Judas committed suicide by
hanging
Matt 27:5
Judas did not hang himself, but
died another way
Acts 1:18 80. The potter's field was purchased
by Judas
Acts 1:18
The potter's field was purchased
by the Chief Priests
Matt 27:6,7 81. There was but one woman who
came to the sepulchre
John 20:1
There were two women who
came to the sepulchre
Matt 28:1 82. There were three women who
came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:1
There were more than three
women who came to the sepulchre
Luke 24:10 83. It was at sunrise when they
came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:2
It was some time before sunrise
when they came.
John 20:1 84. There were two angels seen by
the women at the sepulchre, and
they were standing up.
Luke 24:4
There was but one angel seen,
and he was sitting down. Matt 28:2,5
85. There were two angels seen
within the sepulchre.
John 20:11,12
There was but one angel seen
within the sepulchre Mark 16:5
86. Christ was to be three days and
three nights in the grave
Matt 12:40
Christ was but two days and two
nights in the grave Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>
87. Holy ghost bestowed at
pentecost
Acts 1:8,5
Holy ghost bestowed before
pentecost John 20:22
88. The disciples were commanded
immediately after the
resurrection to go into Galilee
Matt 28:10
The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go tarry at
Jerusalem
Luke 24:49
89. Jesus first appeared to the
eleven disciples in a room at Jerusalem
Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
Jesus first appeared to the eleven
on a mountain in Galilee
Matt 28:16,17
90. Christ ascended from Mount Olivet
Acts 1:9,12
Christ ascended from Bethany
Luke 24:50,51
91. Paul's attendants heard the
miraculous voice, and stood speechless
Acts 9:7
Paul's attendants heard not the
voice and were prostrate
Acts 26:14
92. Abraham departed to go into Canaan
Gen 12:5
Abraham went not knowing
where
Heb 11:8
93. Abraham had two sons Gal 4:22
Abraham had but one son
Heb 11:17
94. Keturah was Abraham's wife
Gen 25:1
Keturah was Abraham's concubine
1 Chron 1:32
95. Abraham begat a son when he
was a hundred years old, by the
interposition of Providence
Gen 21:2/ Rom 4:19/ Heb 11:12 Abraham begat six children more
after he was a hundred years
old without any interposition of
providence
Gen 25:1,2
Ur write up is TRASH' u Had better go on research on How to make it up in life than to contradict d word of GOD'' amongst d creature of d most high God, u aren't upto d least of sand; ur opinion isn't relevant
... Go fetch a life

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by neocortex: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
folafola:

HOW MANY OF THE TERRORIST GROUP YOU KNOW QUOTE FROM THE SO CALLED VERSES IN THE BIBLE? BUT THEY HAVE GOT THEIR BOOK AND THEY QUOTE FREELY FROM IT WHILE KILLING UNBELIEVERS .......SURA 9:29 SEE YOUTUBE FOR THE VIDEOS AND HOW THEY QUOTE IT SHOUTING ALLAHU AKBAR

I am interested in addressing the root cause of problems.

The same idea of a "chosen people" as sanctioned which israelites used to wreak havoc on innocent
people whose only crime is inhabiting their forefathers land at that point in time is being used bynISIS/Boko haram
as a license to kill.
I am aware that terrorists quote verses from Quran, but you will agree with me that those verses won't have been in the
Quran if they were not in the bible.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by kritikali(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
sambisa5:
I don't have any doubt you are a muslim,,,,,,,,how can you extract verses and start talking rub.bish here,,,,besides,the new testament can never be the same as the old testament,,,,,,Jesus came to preach nothing but the good news of love and peace,,, unlike the time of moses when everything was law, law....

Good news like the one in mark 4:11-12 and 6:11 or the one in Luke 10:10-15 , and mind you he hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament according to Mathew 5:17
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Awesomeking: 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
Now that he has ironed ad outlined the faults in your bible,yall are saying he took the verses out of context thereby eliminating the true meaning of the verse

when you were scrutinizing quran verses u didnt know it was out of context

#CHANGE your ways

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by muba25(m): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
That's the beauty of Islam there is contradiction in it! Because its Allah's words.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Ahmed4002(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
folafola:

I totally understand you
when you say that this verse promotes violence
on a cursory glance. But if you read it carefully
you’ll find that it doesn’t. I hope you will be
patient enough to be with me throughout the
end of this article.
The verse says “Fight those who believe not in
God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden
which hath been forbidden by God and His
Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth” .
My question to you brother. Does this verse stop
here? No it doesnt. It continues and gives the
actual reason as to the fighting. This is the
continuation: – “until they pay the Jizya with
willing submission, and feel themselves subdued”.
1. PAYING JIZYA IS THE CONDITION FOR
FIGHTING. THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY
IGNORED OR OVERLOOKED WHEN LEVYING
THIS ALLEGATION OF VIOLENCE ON MUSLIMS.
This verse doesn’t ask the Muslims to do
mindless slaughter as the media portrays or
deceives. It gives the Muslims the permission to
fight only those non-Muslims who do not pay
jizya – the state tax. And we all know that jizya
is applicable only in an Islamic state. Neither
India, nor US or Britain are Islamic states. So
to put this verse as an excuse for what
happened there only shows how biased,
unknowledgable and unfair the media is and it
hurts us deeply.
I can show whole verses from other scriptures
that are truly inhuman, yet no one questions
them. Do you want a sample? Ill give it to you at
the end. I promise.

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by neocortex: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=kristisking post=35781655][/quote]

The word "brainwash" is synonymous with people of "faith" who
lazily accepts everything they are told without questioning.

You are the one who accept the bible as the " unquestionable word of god " without evidence
I think a description of "brainwash fellow" is apt for you.

When you say "any religion" do you mean the religious book or the people practicing it ?

As to religious killings, every proselytizing religion was strengthened and expanded through
killing and destructions.

I will repeat again , seek the truth and be set free.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hollypagan: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
Your contradicting your self not bible ,try to read read the verses From one to end of chapters you claim to be contradictory

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by LordaGuru: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
EternalBeing:
GOD is not an author of confusion. Years of translation and retranslation by different individuals, perspectives, races, languages and background might have caused some anomaly but, unless you want to deceive yourself, u & I know that the original summary word of GOD is "Love ur Creator with all ur heart and Love your neighbor as ur self"(doing opposite to these is the cause of ALL problems we see in the world today); wise people follow JESUS' counsel. The real issue is that everybody in this generation now knows that satan is real, and GOD is real. To deny this is to live in myopic self-deceit. Even the quran copied some of the Bible; Human 6cm brain can never fully understand all about the Great CREATOR that created an immeasurable universe, even the scientist with all their MainFrame Gigantic Computers have found it impossible to measure the universe, count the number of stars, etc... They daily inexhaustibly discovers new species of fish in water, new planets, etc... They've only understand and discover a micro-fraction about man and matter. Atom was once said to be the smallest unit, later electron, proton and neutron. Now we have photons, nucleons etc... tomorrow they'll still continue to inexhaustibly discover little knowledge about an Awesome Creation of Great CREATOR. "We that know our GOD..." OP, the last lap of WAR for souls of men is going on, knowingly or unknowingly, u r either sending souls to Hell or winning Souls into HEAVEN. To be used by YAHWEH ur Creator or by satan ur destroyer, the choice is yours.
[b]Remember that GOD chased Adam, Eve, Humanity into this land of punishment in order to give them time and chance to repent. Unlike Man that would have destroyed rebellious creatures, in HIS infinite mercy that HE provided us the raw materials to make technology, Concrete houses etc... in order to make this place tolerable and endurable while we reconcile and resubmit our total Love and Obedience to HIM. Is it because you are eating chicken, using iPhone, Internet and driving Lambougini Poche that you want to end your precious eternal Soul here?! Stop being deceived by satan, your Eternal Soul is worth much more. No matter the flashy lights, concrete houses and internet, a land of punishment is a land of Punishment. satan is trying hard to make Humanity to forget that the best that man's 6cm brain can create can NEVER, in the most minute sense, be compared to the awesomeness of a World (Garden of Eden) created by GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF; that's where we shall live forever not die in hell like those that fell in love with this decaying world. Compared to what we shall eat in Heaven, chicken, sugar, etc.. would taste like sand and technology, that's currently getting people carried away, would be totally useless and ridiculous.[/b]

Hmmm... this is very deep!

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by plaetton: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
folafola:

the bible was never directly from the mout of God but were written by men as they were inspired all these trash does not affect the THEME and SUBJECT MATTER of the scripter 2 TIM 3:16, BUT dont be surprised if i tell you that quran was revised by jubril, and collated by uthman who burnt the other manuscripts, thanks to the scripture for in it i have found salvation

My point is that if one is already directly interfaced with the holy spiri spiri, then would reading the mere written words , revised, redacted and edited by men, not be redundant and superfluous ?
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hamzeiy: 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
annibro:

Yes some people are predestined & chosen. It depens on ur heart if u're broken & willing.
I wouldn't know if we're serving D same God. Mine is D Almighty, Creator of D heavens & d earth & has a Son Jesus Christ. If yours doesn't have a Son, den am sorry we're not serving d same God.
yeah....bear witness that i said mine dosnt have a son,He is the one ,the only , the eternal.... He begeth not nor is He begotten and there is none like unto Him...master of all....

soon you shall come to know who is right from who is not...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by architez: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
cococandy:
True

Thanks, cococandy.
To be honest our Christianity is very different from any other religion on earth. It is on a totally different level all together. Judaism is very much like Islam, etc. Christianity is the only religion where all u have to do to go to heaven (or paradise or navirna) is open your heart and let Someone come in. THAT'S ALL. You don't have to follow any book, or obey any laws, or follow any rituals or repeat/recite any words or meditate, or anything.

Here is a paste of what I wrote someone earlier:

No, to be honest, there really r contradictions. But our Christianity is not based on following a book or rituals or laws. It is based on following a Person, a Spirit, and having that Spirit alive in us. This is a living, present, tangible Spirit. And in that Spirit there are no contradictions.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Ahmed4002(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
folafola:

These people see anyone who do not belif sura9:29 as kafir wether you are in a mosque or not since you are not carrying out same belif they got from mohammed in sura 9:29 then you stand a chance to be bombed as well. I am not ashamed of the gospel of christ it is the power of God unto salvation

There you go my friend, verse 9:29 doesn’t
encourage the muslims to do terrorism. It is a
perfectly fair and just verse. Just throw this
article on the face of anybody who tries to
misrepresent islam to you in the future.

EVERY AUTHENTIC TRANSLATION OF THE
QURAN HAS THE WORD “UNTIL” OR “TILL” IN
THE VERSE 9:29
I could lay my hands on 7 different english
translations of the quran and ALL OF THEM
HAVE THE CONDITION:-
1. “[And] fight against those who – despite
having been vouchsafed revelation [aforetime] –
do not [truly] believe either in God or the last
Day, and do not consider forbidden that which
God and His Apostle have forbidden, and do not
follow the religion of truth [which God has
enjoined upon the], till they [agree to] pay the
exemption tax with a willing hand , after having
been humbled [in war]” 9:29 Asad’s Translation

FIGHTING NEED NOT ALWAYS BE PHYSICAL,
IT CAN ALSO BE INTELLECTUAL
Finally, people might now say well isn’t Islam
violent because Muslims are commanded to fight
those who do not believe in God and so on etc
etc. Not really, because fighting in this verse
does not explicitly mean physical violence.
Observe the words in the above verses like
“ willingly” , “willing submission” , “readily” etc.
Here it is spoken about bringing a change from
within the hearts of people which is brought
about intellectually . There are many ways in
which you fight against somebody that does not
involve a physical aspect. You can fight someone
with the tongue, using your wisdom and telling
him about the truth, you are fighting against
the lies that person is propagating and
eventually with your tongue you will speak the
truth and crush his lies leading him to the truth.
So fighting does not have to only be physical.
But alas! We totally over look these things when
we mindlessly base allegations on the Quran. I
never comment on any religion until I have read
and understood ALL their scriptures. I don’t
just google out some anti-religious sites to come
up with instant allegations. This is so unfair.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by batista181(m): 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
NICE ONE MAN KEEP IT UP
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Boyoboy9(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yiwawo11:

This is artificial(moderated/amended) bible not the originally revealed one.
Lolz
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by mactoni91(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
folafola:

1. Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012. The virulent, neocon- fueled Islamophobia that has plagued post-9/11 America has not only posed a threat to Muslims, it has had deadly consequences for people of other faiths, including Sikhs. Sikhs are not Muslims; the traditional Sikh attire, including their turbans, is different from traditional Sunni, Shiite or Sufi attire. But to a racist, a bearded Sikh looks like a Muslim. Only four days after 9/11, Balbir Singh Sodhi, a Sikh immigrant from India who owned a gas station in Mesa, Arizona, was murdered by Frank Silva Roque, a racist who obviously mistook him for a Muslim. But Sodhi’s murder was not the last example of anti-Sikh violence in post-9/11 America. On Aug. 5, 2012, white supremacist Wade Michael Page used a semiautomatic weapon to murder six people during an attack on a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Page’s connection to the white supremacist movement was well- documented: he had been a member of the neo-Nazi rock bands End Empathy and Definite Hate. Attorney General Eric Holder described the attack as “an act of terrorism, an act of hatred.” It was good to see the nation’s top cop acknowledge that terrorist acts can, in fact, involve white males murdering people of color. 2. The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009. Imagine that a physician had been the victim of an attempted assassination by an Islamic jihadist in 1993, and received numerous death threats from al-Qaeda after that, before being murdered by an al-Qaeda member. Neocons, Fox News and the Christian Right would have had a field day. A physician was the victim of a terrorist killing that day, but neither the terrorist nor the people who inflamed the terrorist were Muslims. Dr. George Tiller, who was shot and killed by anti-abortion terrorist Scott Roeder on May 31, 2009, was a victim of Christian Right terrorism, not al-Qaeda. Tiller had a long history of being targeted for violence by Christian Right terrorists. In 1986, his clinic was firebombed. Then, in 1993, Tiller was shot five times by female Christian Right terrorist Shelly Shannon (now serving time in a federal prison) but survived that attack. Given that Tiller had been the victim of an attempted murder and received countless death threats after that, Fox News would have done well to avoid fanning the flames of unrest. Instead, Bill O’Reilly repeatedly referred to him as “Tiller the baby killer." When Roeder murdered Tiller, O’Reilly condemned the attack but did so in a way that was lukewarm at best. Keith Olbermann called O’Reilly out and denounced him as a “facilitator for domestic terrorism” and a “blindly irresponsible man.” And Crazy for Godauthor Frank Schaffer, who was formerly a figure on the Christian Right but has since become critical of that movement, asserted that the Christian Right’s extreme anti-abortion rhetoric “helped create the climate that made this murder likely to happen.” Neocon Ann Coulter, meanwhile, viewed Tiller’s murder as a source of comic relief, telling O’Reilly, “I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester.” The Republican/neocon double standard when it comes to terrorism is obvious. At Fox News and AM neocon talk radio, Islamic terrorism is a source of nonstop fear- mongering, while Christian Right terrorism gets a pass. 3. Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008. On July 27, 2008, Christian Right sympathizer Jim David Adkisson walked into the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee during a children’s play and began shooting people at random. Two were killed, while seven others were injured but survived. Adkisson said he was motivated by a hatred of liberals, Democrats and gays, and he considered neocon Bernard Goldberg’s book, 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America, his political manifesto. Adkisson (who pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder and is now serving life in prison without parole) was vehemently anti-abortion, but apparently committing an act of terrorism during a children’s play was good ol’ Republican family values. While Adkisson’s act of terrorism was reported on Fox News, it didn't get the round-the-clock coverage an act of Islamic terrorism would have garnered. 4. The murder of Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994. To hear the Christian Right tell it, there is no such thing as Christian terrorism. Tell that to the victims of the Army of God, a loose network of radical Christianists with a long history of terrorist attacks on abortion providers. One Christian Right terrorist with ties to the Army of God was Paul Jennings Hill, who was executed by lethal injection on Sept. 3, 2003 for the murders of abortion doctor John Britton and his bodyguard James Barrett. Hill shot both of them in cold blood and expressed no remorse whatsoever; he insisted he was doing’s God’s work and has been exalted as a martyr by the Army of God. 5. The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996. Paul Jennings Hill is hardly the only Christian terrorist who has been praised by the Army of God; that organization has also praised Eric Rudolph, who is serving life without parole for a long list of terrorist attacks committed in the name of Christianity. Rudolph is best known for carrying out the Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta during the 1996 Summer Olympics—a blast that killed spectator Alice Hawthorne and wounded 111 others. Hawthorne wasn’t the only person Rudolph murdered: his bombing of an abortion clinic in Birmingham, Alabama in 1998 caused the death of Robert Sanderson (a Birmingham police officer and part- time security guard) and caused nurse Emily Lyons to lose an eye. Rudolph’s other acts of Christian terrorism include bombing the Otherwise Lounge (a lesbian bar in Atlanta) in 1997 and an abortion clinic in an Atlanta suburb in 1997. Rudolph was no lone wolf: he was part of a terrorist movement that encouraged his violence. And the Army of God continues to exalt Rudolph as a brave Christian who is doing God’s work. 6. The murder of Barnett Slepian byJames Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998. Like Paul Jennings Hill, Eric Rudolph and Scott Roeder, James Charles Kopp is a radical Christian terrorist who has been exalted as a hero by the Army of God. On Oct. 23, 1998 Kopp fired a single shot into the Amherst, NY home of Barnett Slepian (a doctor who performed abortions), mortally wounding him. Slepian died an hour later. Kopp later claimed he only meant to wound Slepian, not kill him. But Judge Michael D'Amico of Erin County, NY said that the killing was clearly premeditated and sentenced Kopp to 25 years to life. Kopp is a suspect in other anti-abortion terrorist attacks, including the non-fatal shootings of three doctors in Canada, though it appears unlikely that Kopp will be extradited to Canada to face any charges. 7. Planned Parenthood bombing, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1994. Seldom has the term “Christian terrorist” been used in connection with John C. Salvi on AM talk radio or at Fox News, but it’s a term that easily applies to him. In 1994, the radical anti-abortionist and Army of God member attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic in Brookline, Massachusetts, shooting and killing receptionists Shannon Lowney and Lee Ann Nichols and wounding several others. Salvi was found dead in his prison cell in 1996, and his death was ruled a suicide. The Army of God has exalted Salvi as a Christian martyr and described Lowney and Nichols not as victims of domestic terrorism, but as infidels who got what they deserved. The Rev. Donald Spitz, a Christianist and Army of God supporter who is so extreme that even the radical anti-abortion group Operation Rescue disassociated itself from him, has praised Salvi as well. 8. Suicide attack on IRS building in Austin, Texas, Feb. 18, 2010. When Joseph Stack flew a plane into the Echelon office complex (where an IRS office was located), Fox News’ coverage of the incident was calm and matter-of-fact. Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa seemed to find the attack amusing and joked that it could have been avoided if the federal government had followed his advice and abolished the IRS. Nonetheless, there were two fatalities: Stack and IRS employee Vernon Hunter. Stack left behind a rambling suicide note outlining his reasons for the attack, which included a disdain for the IRS as well as total disgust with health insurance companies and bank bailouts. Some of the most insightful coverage of the incident came from Noam Chomsky, who said that while Stack had some legitimate grievances —millions of Americans shared his outrage over bank bailouts and the practices of health insurance companies—the way he expressed them was absolutely wrong. 9. The murder of Alan Berg, June 18, 1984. One of the most absurd claims some Republicans have made about white supremacists is that they are liberals and progressives. That claim is especially ludicrous in light of the terrorist killing of liberal Denver-based talk show host Alan Berg, a critic of white supremacists who was killed with an automatic weapon on June 18, 1984. The killing was linked to members of the Order, a white supremacist group that had marked Berg for death. Order members David Lane (a former Ku Klux Klan member who had also been active in the Aryan Nations) and Bruce Pierce were both convicted in federal court on charges of racketeering, conspiracy and violating Berg’s civil rights and given what amounted to life sentences. Robert Matthews, who founded the Order, got that name from a fictional group in white supremacist William Luther Pierce’s anti-Semitic 1978 novel, The Turner Diaries—a book Timothy McVeigh was quite fond of. The novel’s fictional account of the destruction of a government building has been described as the inspiration for the Oklahoma City bombing of 1995. 10. Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, April 19, 1995. Neocons and Republicans grow angry and uncomfortable whenever Timothy McVeigh is cited as an example of a non-Islamic terrorist. Pointing out that a non-Muslim white male carried out an attack as vicious and deadly as the Oklahoma City bombing doesn’t fit into their narrative that only Muslims and people of color are capable of carrying out terrorist attacks. Neocons will claim that bringing up McVeigh’s name during a discussion of terrorism is a “red herring” that distracts us from fighting radical Islamists, but that downplays the cruel, destructive nature of the attack. Prior to the al-Qaeda attacks of 9/11, the Oklahoma City bombing McVeigh orchestrated was the most deadly terrorist attack in U.S. history: 168 people were killed and more than 600 were injured. When McVeigh used a rented truck filled with explosives to blow up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, his goal was to kill as many people as possible. McVeigh was motivated by an extreme hatred for the U.S. government and saw the attack as revenge for the Ruby Ridge incident of 1992 and the Waco Siege in 1993. He had white supremacist leanings as well (when he was in the U.S. Army, McVeigh was reprimanded for wearing a “white power” T-shirt he had bought at a KKK demonstration). McVeigh was executed on June 11, 2001. He should have served life without parole instead, as a living reminder of the type of viciousness the extreme right is capable of.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue / Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 / Shocking Predictions For 2016 By Joshua Iginla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.