Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (78871 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sukkot: 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
vapid:
Do you know the part of the Bible that says do not add or remove bla bla bla or the part that says Heaven and earth will surely pass away before one word does not come to pass. If you say the Bible is not to be taken literally then you must mean the whole of it, not choosing the nonsensical part as the ones not to be taken literally. Even the existence of God is also literal. Agree?
[b]when i say literal, i do hope you understand the meaning of words. when i say the bible is not to be read literally. I do not mean the incidents in the bible are false. God is real. i mean do not read it like a novel. i give you an example. the story of biafra and nigerian civil war based on the igbos thinking they are not getting a fair shake. now this is a real story right ? now let me present the story to you allegorically-symbolically. two twins named ikechukwu and ademola were born on the same day but ademola was older by 7 minutes and was much bigger , taller and stronger. when it came time to choose rooms in a new house their father built, ademola picked the bigger and better room and this pissed off ikechukwu who didnt think he was getting a fair shake. so they started a war between each other and fought for a very long time.

now thats symbolism. is the story of ademola and ikechukwu literally true ? no its not. however did the story that was presented symbolically happen ? yes it did. i hope you have been edified. thats how the bible is written. its true however its not literal. which is why it takes special people with the spirit of God in them to be able to understand the bible. [/b]
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by boolet: 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
Coldfeet:
When you read the Holy Bible like a novel or newspaper confusion is what you get!

But if you invite the Holy spirit to lead you and grant you understanding, you will have wisdom to understand the word of God.

My God is not a God of confusion!!!!
the word of God is perfect .
I'd rather say "ask God for the Holy spirit".
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by templeinyou(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
It is your motive that is contraditing not your quotes!

SuperSuave:
This is not the first time I noticed some bible verses are actually saying the opposite of another. Isn't the gospel supposed to be preached in one accord? I first noticed that Jesus Christ actually turned water into wine(alcoholic wine not fruit wine cos my Yoruba bible says "oti wine"wink which means Jesus somehow endorses wine. In the same Bible again I saw in Galatians(can't remember the chapter and verse), where the fruits of the flesh were listed, drunkenness was listed also. undecided

Another thing that ultimately made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. —Hebrews 8:7

Another one was when God brought a sheet unto Peter which contained various four-legged and two-legged animals and beasts of different kind, then God told Peter to arise, kill and eat. Peter refused saying he cannot eat unclean things, God rebuked him by saying how can he(Peter) call the things He(God) created unclean?

And later I read another verse where God outlined the forbidden animals, birds and beasts we should not eat. undecided

I was confused, so I went online to checkout if there are more Bible verses that contradicts one another, the ones I found are listed below[/font][/size][/b][/color]

Atheists should keep off this thread pls

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by seunayantokun(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:
This is not the first time I noticed some bible verses are actually saying the opposite of another. Isn't the gospel supposed to be preached in one accord? I first noticed that Jesus Christ actually turned water into wine(alcoholic wine not fruit wine cos my Yoruba bible says "oti wine"wink which means Jesus somehow endorses wine. In the same Bible again I saw in Galatians(can't remember the chapter and verse), where the fruits of the flesh were listed, drunkenness was listed also. undecided

Another thing that ultimately made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. —Hebrews 8:7

Another one was when God brought a sheet unto Peter which contained various four-legged and two-legged animals and beasts of different kind, then God told Peter to arise, kill and eat. Peter refused saying he cannot eat unclean things, God rebuked him by saying how can he(Peter) call the things He(God) created unclean?

And later I read another verse where God outlined the forbidden animals, birds and beasts we should not eat. undecided

I was confused, so I went online to checkout if there are more Bible verses that contradicts one another, the ones I found are listed below[/font][/size][/b][/color]

You err because you know not the Scriptures.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by tushburg(m): 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
Oga OP please conduct a proper research before you spread falsehood by way of Bible misinterpretation, misinformation, and grableing on stories you know about

**Modified**
Yeye smell reach west Germany angry

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
SPIRITUAL THINGS ARE ONLY SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Lukay99: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
iskay1971:
It is written in 1Corinthians 2:13-14 that natural men can't understand spiritual things because they are spiritually discern.
Until one become supernatural he cannot know more than the natural.
Those outside are not given to understand the mystery of the kingdom of God (Mk.4:11)
That means you will not know what the Bible actually is saying until you are born again.
There is no contradiction in the world of God. If you want to comfirm Pls, give your life to Jesus Christ today.
You guys always ignore clear cut contradictions in the Bible and tells us we need to be born again to really understand it,this is my take on this issue since we are in a world of many many faiths and ideology what if other faith says the same thing? That we should first accept Sango, Buda or even the devil or whatever as our lord and savior then we will gets a better understanding of their faith I really don't think a true God works this way God usually sends prophets with a message of truth to the people which may include a religious text to educate the people about God first then it is left to the people to accept or reject just like taking a class lectures first then exams after not exams first then class lectures after, God don't punish unless he has sent a Warner first God is a merciful God, he usually give more than enough warnings before he can judge us for not believing in him but what you are saying is that we should believe in him first then we will understand his warnings(religious text)
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by senier007(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
ShakurM:
Your verses are taken out of contexts and paragraphs now

When we take text out of their context we are stripping the meaning of the verses and give them a different, and usually a wrong meaning.

Example 1 ;

Matthew 5:39 “if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.”

Jesus is not saying that we shouldn’t defend ourselves but He is using hyperbole or exaggeration.  What He means is that when others insult you, don’t retaliate.  Just turn the other cheek, not to have them slap you there…but to turn the other way and to leave vengeance to God (Rom 12:19. ).  Even Jesus “When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly” (1 Pet 2:23).

Example 2;

Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

Paul is not telling the church at Philippi that they can do anything they want or can do all things that they want to do.  He is saying that we can do anything “through Christ” or “in Christ.”  The context is saying that we can do anything that is in the will of Jesus Christ because He is the One who will strengthen (enable) you do to it.  Paul is not saying that you can do anything you want or anything in Christ that is not His will but he is saying that we can endure all sufferings if we are in Christ because just before 4:13 Paul writes “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:  I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need” (Phil 4:11-12).  Paul was writing this in prison and he was likely cold, hungry, and alone, yet he learned to be content in whatever state he was in…but only “in Christ.”  It might be better to think of this as saying “We can endure all things in Christ.”

Example 3

First John 4:16b “God is love.”

Yes, God is love, but that is only one tiny fraction of the manifold attributes of God.  This is like someone saying something about me to another person; “Jack is a cousin.”  Yes, I am a cousin, but I am also a husband, a father, a grandfather, a son, an uncle, and so on.  You cannot elevate one attribute of God to the exclusion of His other attributes.  Many say that a loving God would not send someone to hell because “God is love.” Yes, God is love but love and discipline go together.  Their “God is love” is a God created in their own image.  First and foremost, God is holy.  He cannot even look upon sin and that is why He turned away from Jesus, His only Son, at the cross.  I love my children and my grandchildren and I would discipline them if they ran out into the street to play because they could get hurt, or worse, killed.  My love comes with my discipline. It is exactly because I love them that I do discipline them, just as God disciplines every one of His own children (Heb 12:5-7).

Let's assume for the purpose of seeking knowledge that what you are saying is logical, help me explain this 3 examples

Question 1: "What age was Jehoiachin when he began his reign?"

Answer: Second Kings 24:8 declares, “Jehoiachin was 18 years old when he began to reign,” while 2 Chronicles 36:9 says, “Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign.”

Question 2:when was light created?

Answer - Bible says in Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses No. 3 and 5,…‘Light was created on the first day.’ Genesis, Ch., 1 Verses, 14 to 19… ‘The cause of light - stars and the sun, etc. was created on the fourth day’.  How can the cause of light be created on the 4th day - later than the light which came into existence on the first day?

Question 3: how many bath did solomon had?

Point No. 20 - Further, it is mentioned in the 1st Kings, Ch. No 7, Verse No 26, that…‘In Solomon’s temple, in his molten sea, he had 2000 baths. In 2nd Chronicles, Ch. No 4, Verse No 5, he had 3000 baths. Did he have 2000 baths or did he have 3000 baths? –

If the previous ones are qoute out of context what of this few questions? Does that means God can't differentiate between simple 2000 and 3000 as in the case of solomon?

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hamzeiy: 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
femi4:
How did paul learn about Jesus Christ?

Gal1:12
I received my message from no human source, and no one taught me. Instead, I received it by direct revelation from Jesus Christ.

Even at that, you still need the holy spirit and good scholar of the word in scripture interpretation so that you won't be like Peter at some point that thought gentiles were not part of the family of christ

hmmm.you have forsaken thr freind of christ when he was here on earth and even after he left *peter* to an enemy of christ *paul* because he paul told you he received inspiration from christ.......without paul an enemy of christ modern christanity will crumble...you guys are joking with the obvious truth...

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hamzeiy: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Zakamori:

ok. the special thing about the bible is that the word of God can come alive in you as you read it. the bible contains God's word, human words, animal word, even the devil's words.

God's word in the bible is not a dictation, it came by inspiration. the person who received the inspiration writes it in his own language and with his own style (which gives room for human errors - like writing four rather than forty etc) this is especially evident in the historical accounts. God's word though is a spirit and only by that spirit can you receive a revelation of the inspiration given to the writer by God.
the letter kills because you will be confused. the spirit gives life (that is the word of God)

*I no too like to dey type. hope my lil explanation helps* I still think you were simply being mischievous though, with some of the things you called contradictions up there.

oooh...i taught the writers were guided by the holy spirit...now i know better...the spirit inspired them with the words of god and left them to write otherwise......and for God sake i wouldnt compare the bible with historical books....if it is really inspired to men by god as you claimed...it should be preserved by god from such errors...
#atleast we have a common point of agreement...we both agreed it was written by men not by jesus himself nor was it written in his presence... and that like every book of history there are bound to be errors.....
FYI....THE QURAN IS NOT A BOOK OF HISTORY AND THERE ARE NO ERRORS IN IT...IT HAS PASSED SEVERAL GENERATIONS FROM ONE HAND TO ANOTHER, ONE SLAVE TO ANOTHER ,ONE MASTER TO ANOTHER ..ONE NATION TO ANOTHER FOR MORE THAN 1400 YEARS AND NOT A SINGLE ERROR OR MISTAKE IS FOUND SO THE BIBLE THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE 2000 YEARS OLD SHOULD BE THESAME IF IT HAS NOT BEEN CORRUPTED.
THE QURAN....HMMM ....WORDS OF GOD WELL PRESERVED...I ADVISE YOU TO TAKE A GLANCE ON IT ENGLISH TRANSLATN WITH A FREE MIND...KNOW ISLAM B4 YOU JUDGE IT

3 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Lukay99: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
victorazy:

There is no contradiction in God's word but ur little mind of understanding seems so.

I can answer all and interprete all but because of time, I will not. In that Revelation u mentioned about hurting grass or not. These are diff evens in diff times. For the one u said ablout God putting lie in the lies of prophets. Putting lies in their mouth means he will allow them and try them to speak lies.
I can't go on cuz things of the spirit is biggr than the things of flesh.

Please go on and educate us, we the non believer of everything in the Bible need more biblical knowledge you said you answer all we are waiting please

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Ahmed4002(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
folafola:

HOW MANY OF THE TERRORIST GROUP YOU KNOW QUOTE FROM THE SO CALLED VERSES IN THE BIBLE? BUT THEY HAVE GOT THEIR BOOK AND THEY QUOTE FREELY FROM IT WHILE KILLING UNBELIEVERS .......SURA 9:29 SEE YOUTUBE FOR THE VIDEOS AND HOW THEY QUOTE IT SHOUTING ALLAHU AKBAR

Many Times Christians post passages from the Quran on war and say that Islam is not valid because of these verses because of the violence.
I will quote several verses from the Bible showing the brutal terror found in it, I will be quoting from the OT. Christians should have no problem with it, since its the same God, so hence if the God of the OT said kill then it means Jesus said kill because he has no God. So Christians have no way out of this mess.

Note : I have great respect for jesus (peace on him) and the rest of the biblical prophets. I am only exposing the flawed mentality of people when they accuse the Quran for no reason while they have truly horrible things in their own books.

Let us begin: ??

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by passionz(f): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
it only take God grace to understand his word
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by ayodejisure: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:

I Cor 1:18-25. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Either the writers of the bible or the bible God itself was bipolar.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Ahmed4002(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
damilareoye:
God bless you sis... a person can't just pick out a bible verse and begins to make wrong analyses without taking time to understand the the bible verses that comes before the verse in question.
I see. So why is that
Many Times Christians post passages from the Quran on war and say that Islam is not valid because of these verses because of the violence. The op only exposing the flawed mentality of people when they accuse the Quran for no reason while they have truly horrible things in their own books.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
farouzy:
young man how else do you want him to understand it..we are seeing verses contradicting each other clearly.it gives a diferent number here,a diferent number there and u are stil decieving ursef with the concept of holy spirit leadin people to understand wat they read.
i knw it was a thread created to suit ur believe and ur saying, bt d man did nt read in between. i quite knw u a muslim i believe firmly dat u av taken it up. all verses he quoted was given to him by a muslim cleric which i believe gat him derailed. i personally have seen a muslim cleric publicly saying what diz man said and d cleric was proved wrong rite there. dat happens in osun state ilobu precisely.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hamzeiy: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
...everthing about the modern christanity is human.....even the divinity of christ was debated in the council of nicea b4 it was agreed that christ was divine b4 the council christ was human and was never a son of God.....in thesame council many gospels of men of god were rejected by MEN because it didnt go well with their expectation...gospels like that of barnabas...a deciple and freind of christ were rejected because it gave the prophesy about the coming of another messemger and xplained clearlly that christ was just human and a great messenger of God and nothing else.....christains read about your history.....i dont think you need the holy ghost to do that...

4 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Blackblood247: 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
The people perish because they lack understanding. The more they read, the less they understand!
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Mightymanna(m): 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
confusions hahaha
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by argob44(f): 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
the writer is confused...not full of wisdom. the article is funny and not correct
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by decatalyst(m): 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Coldfeet:
When you read the Holy Bible like a novel or newspaper confusion is what you get!

But if you invite the Holy spirit to lead you and grant you understanding, you will have wisdom to understand the word of God.

My God is not a God of confusion!!!!
the word of God is perfect .

You took these words right out of my mouth.
My God can never be wrong or that he would fear men and lie.

Nothing can make God lie. The earth is His footstool.

Invite the Holy Spirit, the master teacher and he shall teach you...you shall know more than your teachers.

Does anyone need knowledge and understanding, let him ask...

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hamzeiy: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
elijah2u:
i knw it was a thread created to suit ur believe and ur saying, bt d man did nt read in between. i quite knw u a muslim i believe firmly dat u av taken it up. all verses he quoted was given to him by a muslim cleric which i believe gat him derailed. i personally have seen a muslim cleric publicly saying what diz man said and d cleric was proved wrong rite there. dat happens in osun state ilobu precisely.

yeah..in islam we have such imams like pastors do understand points differently...but we dont and we cant prove the words of God wrong in the quran ..the are always thesame...if the quran says 10...then it will always be 10 on that particular issue even in the deepest corner of the quran.. unlike yours...there is a differece......we are not saying your pastors are contradicting each other...we are saying the Book it self is contradicting it self...not jus on events bur even in common mathematical figures....lets be truthful to ourselves for once

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Lukay99: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
Zakamori:

ok. the special thing about the bible is that the word of God can come alive in you as you read it. the bible contains God's word, human words, animal word, even the devil's words.

God's word in the bible is not a dictation, it came by inspiration. the person who received the inspiration writes it in his own language and with his own style (which gives room for human errors - like writing four rather than forty etc) this is especially evident in the historical accounts. God's word though is a spirit and only by that spirit can you receive a revelation of the inspiration given to the writer by God.
the letter kills because you will be confused. the spirit gives life (that is the word of God)

*I no too like to dey type. hope my lil explanation helps* I still think you were simply being mischievous though, with some of the things you called contradictions up there.

According to your above statement I still think it is in Christianity best interest not to call the Bible the word of God but it should be called "the word of God according to so and so (eg Mathew , Luke, John .....)" and for your information there's a big difference between typo error and contradictions in the Bible is like calling an apple a orange
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nigeria is still a British colony. A colony of fools who have lost their human and African values. Look at them arguing on a book used by their colonial masters to enslave them. Poor waste of humanity.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Ahmed4002(m): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
folafola:

the bible was never directly from the mout of God but were written by men as they were inspired all these trash does not affect the THEME and SUBJECT MATTER of the scripter 2 TIM 3:16, BUT dont be surprised if i tell you that quran was revised by jubril, and collated by uthman who burnt the other manuscripts, thanks to the scripture for in it i have found salvation

The scripture that Muhammad came with is
called the Quran; which literally means, “that
which is recited.” Because Muhammad (pbuh) did
not write the Quran, he did not author it. But,
the angel Gabriel came and recited it to him
and Allah made his heart a receptacle to that,
just as a satellite is receptive of waves and
gives you images. Is there any other book in the
history of the world that you know of that has
been preserved, without the changing of even a
dot? No book—only the Quran. Don’t take my
word for it. Go to the library and read any
encyclopedia -read what it says about Islam,
Muhammad (pbuh), and the Quran. Read what
non-Muslims say about Islam, the Quran and
Muslims. Then you will see that what I am saying
is universally documented; that Muhammad
(pbuh) was the most profound individual in the
history of humanity. Profound why? Read what
non-Muslims have said. The Quran is the most
profound piece of literature in history. Read
what they said. Islamic life is so comprehensive,
precise and dynamic that it has never changed.
Read what they said. All of the previous
prophets, their scriptures and their stories and
the principle message they came with are
mentioned in the Quran with profound detail.
Did Muhammad (pbuh) meet them, talk with
them, and collaborate with them to write their
biographies? No, of course he didn’t. In the
Quran, the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is
referred to as the messenger of God, and that
is his limit as a human being.

4 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Jymsyno: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
A jester was found searching and reading the pages of the bible since he was a skeptic by a preacher. Curiously the preacher asked the jester what he was doing. The jester replied, looking for loopholes!
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by mbolajide2010: 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
@Op my roommate once had such a problem back then in school and he went to his pastor, guess what his pastor told him? You can't understand the bible until the holy spirit resides in you as the pastor was confused too.

Truth be told the bible has been twisted to suit some people's egos, but my christian brothers will not want to accept this. If you truly want to understand the bible then you don't have a choice than to learn it in the original language in which it was written. If you translate one language to another language there is no how 100% of your message can be conveyed. For instance your yoruba bible imagine the stages it has undergone before it was finally translated to the yoruba language.

Till today my major problem with modern christianity is that of trinity. If you ask them to explain it then you will be told that you can not understand it. Why then do you want me to believe in something i can't understand?

How can God allow himself to be killed by the people he created? How can God even die in the first place? How can God keeps looking at a certain people till they killed his son? Isn't that delusional to believe or even think about it? Though not all christians believe in trinity.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hamzeiy: 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
ayodejisure:
I Cor 1:18-25. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

(subhanaLahi amma yasifun) glory be to God from the weakness and evil that men associate to him....mr man...God is not and can never be foolish or weak in respective of how you want to xplaint it. those are human qualities and there is no need for comparison as God dosnt have those attrubutes.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
hamzeiy:

yeah..in islam we have such imams like pastors do understand points differently...but we dont and we cant prove the words of God wrong in the quran ..the are always thesame...if the quran says 10...then it will always be 10 on that particular issue even in the deepest corner of the quran.. unlike yours...there is a differece......we are not saying your pastors are contradicting each other...we are saying the Book it self is contradicting it self...not jus on events bur even in common mathematical figures....lets be truthful to ourselves for once
do u knw why quran was not allowed to be translated like the Bible? because there wil be different translations which means the same . dat was why i told him he did not study The Bible Well. he only flute out wat he was told not what he undastnds.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by ikechime(m): 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
YOU WERE CONFUSED YOU WENT ONLINE, YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO GOD TO EXPLAIN IT. THE HOLY SPIRIT WOULD TEACH YOU ALL THINGS. WHY BRING YOUR CONFUSION HERE. YOU DIDN'T EVEN ASK YOUR ELDERS OR PASTOR. ANYWAY GOD IS MYSTERIOUS AND IS GOD HE PERMIT AND DISALLOW YOU CAN'T GIVE HIM LAWS. HE IS GOD. YOU ONLY LEARN ABOUT HIM NOT QUESTION HIS ACTIONS. IF YOU DESIRE TRUTH YOU GET FOR JESUS IS THE TRUTH, WAY, AND LIFE..

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by bidex(m): 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:
)

Thou shalt not kill. —Exodus 20:13
Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel,
Put every man his sword by his side.
and slay every man his brother…
companion…neighbor. —Exodus
32:27
The first angel sounded, and there
followed hail and fire mingled with
blood, and they were cast upon the
earth: and the third part of trees was
burnt up, and all green grass was
burnt up. —Revelation 8:7
And it was commanded them that
they should not hurt the grass of
the earth, neither any green thing,
neither any tree; but only those men
which have not the seal of God in
their foreheads. —Revelation 9:4
Lying lips are an abomination to the
Lord. —Proverbs 12:22
The Lord hath put a lying spirit in
the mouth of all these thy prophets,
and the Lord hath spoken evil
concerning thee. —I Kings 22:23
And in the fifth month, on the
seventh day of the month…
Nebuzaradan…came…unto
Jerusalem… —2 Kings 25:8
…in the fifth month, in the tenth day
of the month …came Nebuzaradan…
into Jerusalem… —Jeremiah 52:12
For by grace are ye saved through
faith…not of works. —Ephesians
2:8,9
Ye see then how that by works a
man is justified, and not by faith
only. —James 2:24
Jehoiachin was eighteen years old
when he began to reign, and he
reigned in Jerusalem three months.
—2 Kings 24:8
Jehoiachin was eight years old when
he began to reign, and he reigned
three months and ten days in
Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9
Moreover of the children of the
strangers that do sojourn among
you, of them shall ye buy…and they
shall be your possession…they shall be your bondmen forever. —Leviticus
25:45-46
Undo the heavy burdens… let the
oppressed go free …break every
yoke. —Isaiah 58:6
For I am the Lord; I change not. —
Malachi 3:6
And the Lord repented of the evil
which he thought to do unto his
people. —Exodus 32:14
For I the Lord thy God am a jealous
God, visiting the iniquity of the
fathers upon the children unto the
third and fourth generation. —
Exodus 20:5
The Lord is good to all. —Psalms
145:9
No man hath seen God at any time.
—John 1:18
For I have seen God face to face. —
Genesis 32:30
For every man shall bear his own
burden. —Galatians 6:2
Bear ye one another’s burdens, and
so fulfill the law of Christ. —
Galatians 6:2
For all have sinned, and come short
of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23
There was a man…who name was
Job; and that man was perfect and
upright. —Job 1:1
Two and twenty years old was
Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II
Kings 8:26
Forty and two years old was
Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II
Chronicles 22:2
Submit yourself to every ordinance
of man…to the king, as supreme; Or
unto governors. —I Peter 2:13
We ought to obey God rather than
men. —Acts 5:29
And very early in the morning the
first day of the week, they came unto
the sepulchre at the rising of the
sun. —Mark 16:2
The first day of the week cometh
Mary Magdalene early, when it was
yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and
seeth the stone taken away from the
sepulchre. —John 20:1
And it was the third hour, and they
crucified him. —Mark 15:25
…about the sixth hour… they cried
out…crucify him….Then delivered he
him therefore unto them to be
crucified. —John 19:14-16
Therefore, just as sin entered the
world through one man, and death
through sin, and in this way death
came to all people, because all
sinned… —Romans 5:12
Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys
my word will never see death. —
John 8:51
Everything that lives and moves
about will be food for you. Just as I
gave you the green plants, I now give
you everything. —Genesis 9:3
It is better not to eat meat or drink
wine or to do anything else that will
cause your brother or sister to fall. —
Romans 14:21
Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest
thou not how many things they
witness against thee?…And he
answered him to never a word;
insomuch that the governor
marvelled greatly… —Matthew
27:13-14
Then Pilate entered into the judgment
hall again, and called Jesus, and
said unto him, Art thou the King of
the Jews?… Jesus answered him,
Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or
did others tell it thee of me? —John
18:33-34
For he cast two pillars of brass, of
eighteen cubits high apiece: and a
line of twelve cubits did compass
either of them about. —1 Kings 7:15
Also he made before the house two
pillars of thirty and five cubits high,
and the chapiter that was on the top
of each of them was five cubits. —2
Chronicles 3:15
Answer not a fool according to his
folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
—Proverbs 26:4
Answer a fool according to his folly,
lest he be wise in his own conceit.
—Proverbs 26:5
Let your light so shine before men,
that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in
heaven. —Matthew 5:16
Take heed that ye do not your alms
before men, to be seen of them:
otherwise ye have no reward of your
Father which is in heaven. —Matthew
6:1
And [Judas] cast down the pieces of
silver in the temple, and departed,
and went and hanged himself. —
Matthew 27:5
Now [Judas] purchased a field with
the reward of iniquity; and falling
headlong, he burst asunder in the
midst, and all his bowels gushed
out. —Acts 1:18
Think not that I am come to send
peace on earth: I came not to send
peace, but a sword. —Matthew 10:34
These things I have spoken unto you,
that in me ye might have peace. —
John 16:33
And of every living thing of all flesh,
two of every sort shalt thou bring
into the ark. —Genesis 6:19
Of every clean beast thou shalt take
to thee by sevens, the male and his
female: and of beasts that are not
clean by two, the male and his
female. —Genesis 7:2
And after six days Jesus taketh
Peter, James, and John his brother,
and bringeth them up into an high
mountain apart… —Matthew 17:1
And it came to pass about an[b] eight
days after [/b] these sayings, he
took Peter and John and James, and
went up into a mountain to pray. —
Luke 9:28
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up
again thy sword into his place: for all
they that take the sword shall perish
with the sword. —Matthew 26:52
Then said he unto them, But now, he
that hath a purse, let him take it, and
likewise his scrip: and he that hath
no sword, let him sell his garment,
and buy one. —Luke 22:36
Therefore Michal the daughter of
Saul had no child unto the day of her
death. —II Samuel 6:23
But the king took the two sons of
Rizpah…and the five sons of Michal
the daughter of Saul. —II Samuel
21:8
…the King of kings, and Lord of
lords; Who only hath immortality,
dwelling in the light which no man
can approach… —I Timothy 6:15-16
The Lord reigneth; let the earth
rejoice… clouds and darkness are
round about him. —Psalms 97:1-2
Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth,
and let not thine heart be glad when
he stumbleth: —Proverbs 24:17
The righteous shall rejoice when he
seeth the vengeance: he shall wash
his feet in the blood of the wicked.
—Psalms 58:1

I don't really have to blame you on this matter. d reason is because u r getting ur self deluded.
Also, I blame this on all these new generation pastors that always twist and turn bible to suite their brainwashing of their church members.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue / Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986 / Shocking Predictions For 2016 By Joshua Iginla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.