Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,836 members, 7,837,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? (32929 Views)

6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know / 5 Signs Your Boss Is Taking Advantage Of You / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by shalomm: 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

LOL

Devil.

I be Angel ooo grin grin
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by lordtim001(m): 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
INTROVERT:
What if it's a major mistake?? grin
Costing the company huge amounts of money time etc
Miss,from the topic,you can see that it was clearly stated as a minor mistake.As for me,i'll just give the guy a piece of my mind.After that,i'll resign and then send kidnappers after him. . . .Case Closed!
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by liohan: 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
guy shee u know say u still dey Naija?
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by hustla(m): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
jerflakes:

Just find some motorpark touts,

Buy one man squad (N400 for 2bottles) and marijuana (N500 worth) for them,

and tell them where to wait for your boss.

Also let them know that after handling your boss, they can collect his phones, laptops, wallet, watch, shoes, shirts and any orher tangible thing as payment.

Lastly, tell them to make sure that they break the hand your boss used to slap you.

That way, you will be happy that you have made new friends and your boss will not slap anyone again.

Win / in Situation

grin
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by tundeayo2020: 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
pbs4real:
so if nah me,u go slap me twice?shocked
hahahahaha maybe
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by doskie(m): 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
jidesp:
I wish this makes FrontPage though

I just had to post this. I hope every employer and employee can learn from it and put their acts together and fulfil their obligations without prejudice..

I know because our people are far backward, even some so called educated people wouldn't dare learn anything outside their main, It is a bad idea doing that. Man must continue learning, it is the only way to keep whatever is Natural about man in existence, we must evolve.

Ooops sorry for taking your through my brooding. OK I want you any Employee to understand this due to a question raised so many times on Nairaland.

In Nigeria, If your boss strikes you, then he/she has committed assault and you need to file charges. Calmly call the police and file a report.

The police are likely to come and take a statement. If there is a great deal of evidence (mark on your face, a cut, witnesses to the event, etc) your boss will be arrested and taken to jail. You may be terminated; however most companies wouldn't dare to immediately fire an employee who was struck by a member of the management team. They would instead start an investigation, which would likely lead to the termination of the manager.

Even if the police do not arrest your employer, contact your HR department immediately. Tell them what occurred and strongly request that action be taken. Also, ask for the remainder of the day for personal reasons and contact an attorney. You may have the makings of a civil suit against both your boss as well as the company.

Do NOT hit your boss back. The urge to do so will be great, but you need to be the mature and professional person in this situation that your supervisor was not. Call the authorities and let them handle this.
better still;

turn to the street niggaz.

give em booze and pipes

come back to office the next day smiling.

job well done!

nice doing business with the street niggaz.
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by betacitizen(m): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
jidesp:
he/she has committed assault and you need to file charges. Calmly call the police and file a report.
Point of correction at OP. He/She committed battery not assault (I stand to be corrected). Nice piece though.
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by NobleG1(m): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
Return the slap!
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by DECOtech(m): 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
No offence intended, but how old are you?
This statement cracked me up...

Elegantdiva:
Just waiting for d day he would reduce my salary or slap me than he would know who my parents are.

I remember beating up a classmate back in primary 2 for using my cup to drink water and throwing it at me when I protested. Both his mum n dad showed up at school the next morning, to avenge him or what?

Daddy's/mummy's favorite.
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
jidesp:
I wish this makes FrontPage though

I just had to post this. I hope every employer and employee can learn from it and put their acts together and fulfil their obligations without prejudice..

I know because our people are far backward, even some so called educated people wouldn't dare learn anything outside their main, It is a bad idea doing that. Man must continue learning, it is the only way to keep whatever is Natural about man in existence, we must evolve.

Ooops sorry for taking your through my brooding. OK I want you any Employee to understand this due to a question raised so many times on Nairaland.

In Nigeria, If your boss strikes you, then he/she has committed assault and you need to file charges. Calmly call the police and file a report.

The police are likely to come and take a statement. If there is a great deal of evidence (mark on your face, a cut, witnesses to the event, etc) your boss will be arrested and taken to jail. You may be terminated; however most companies wouldn't dare to immediately fire an employee who was struck by a member of the management team. They would instead start an investigation, which would likely lead to the termination of the manager.

Even if the police do not arrest your employer, contact your HR department immediately. Tell them what occurred and strongly request that action be taken. Also, ask for the remainder of the day for personal reasons and contact an attorney. You may have the makings of a civil suit against both your boss as well as the company.

Do NOT hit your boss back. The urge to do so will be great, but you need to be the mature and professional person in this situation that your supervisor was not. Call the authorities and let them handle this.

What if ur boss na Aliko. Dangote?
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by jidesp(m): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
betacitizen:
Point of correction at OP. He/She committed battery not assault (I stand to be corrected). Nice piece though.

Yes, ironically, we are both right lol. because in some jurisdictions, assault and battery are often paired together as one offense. I believe the reason is because when someone commits battery they usually have the intent to harm, and threaten the person before committing the physical act.

The intent or threat to harm is assault while performing the intent is battery.

BTW I like the contribution, thanks for pointing that out smiley I'm not a lawyer though, I just love studying the the rules of law, applications and so on.

Its just sad that many Nigerians would rather suppress fundamental human right because of the fear of losing their job and rather keep quite

I know many people on here would find my comments or post extreme, but its these fears that our police feeds on and thinks they are the law and not just agents of the law.
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Gurgle(f): 9:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
Orikinla:
Only one boss has ever slapped me once when I was an employee in my mid-twenties and I deserved it, because I crashed his Toyota jeep at the premises of the Vanguard newspapers in Apapa, Lagos.

he still shouldn't have slapped you though
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by BlueMagic2(m): 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
I wish a mofucker would. cool
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
if i dont return my own then my father is a bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by betacitizen(m): 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
jidesp:

Yes, ironically, we are both right lol. because in some jurisdictions, assault and battery are often paired together as one offense. I believe the reason is because when someone commits battery they usually have the intent to harm, and threaten the person before committing the physical act.

The intent or threat to harm is assault while performing the intent is battery.

BTW I like the contribution, thanks for pointing that out smiley I'm not a lawyer though, I just love studying the the rules of law, applications and so on.

Its just sad that many Nigerians would rather suppress fundamental human right because of the fear of losing their job and rather keep quite

I know many people on here would find my comments or post extreme, but its these fears that our police feeds on and thinks they are the law and not just agents of the law.

Well, there are limitless element of sense in what you typed, but in reality, taking this kind of legal step in such a situation might be prone to bigger risk due to the "Nigeria factor". Be that as it may, the cost of litigation alone is also enough to be an hinderance to an employee earning meager salary to take such step.

BTW, I am not a lawyer too, just a fan of law-related books.
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by jidesp(m): 1:16am On Jul 18, 2015
betacitizen:

Well, there are limitless element of sense in what you typed, but in reality, taking this kind of legal step in such a situation might be prone to bigger risk due to the "Nigeria factor". Be that as it may, the cost of litigation alone is also enough to be an hinderance to an employee earning meager salary to take such step.

BTW, I am not a lawyer too, just a fan of law-related books.

I do agree with you 100%. The fear of the cost of litigation is evidently enough to make many Nigerians suppress their fundamental human rights. My post basically was just to give anyone who read it a sense of liberty even if it is just for a spit second.

BTW based on Observation from most of the comments, most of our youth primitive orientation is very much an influence of our slow growth as a country...
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by SisterCaro(m): 5:35am On Jul 18, 2015
I say sue him don't hit back harrassment or abuse of any sort in a workplace should never be tolerated.
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by kenoz(m): 7:19am On Jul 18, 2015
undecided
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by 1miccza: 7:33am On Jul 18, 2015
My brother when calamity touch that oga e no go wan try am again
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by betacitizen(m): 9:27am On Jul 18, 2015
jidesp:

I do agree with you 100%. The fear of the cost of litigation is evidently enough to make many Nigerians suppress their fundamental human rights. My post basically was just to give anyone who read it a sense of liberty even if it is just for a spit second.

BTW based on Observation from most of the comments, most of our youth primitive orientation is very much an influence of our slow growth as a country...

True talk
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Draybode(m): 9:38am On Jul 18, 2015
For this Nigeria, who has time for such procedure like that. Even if there is time, will d police answer u angry
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Koolmexxi(m): 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
Slap am back naa.. but na to make major mistake b dat.. I'll go with the second poster though na after a couple of weeks..
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by SenatorJames(m): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
adebayor1490:
Give d boss 3 thunderous slap........ he chop craze?
I thought we usually use thunderous to qualify Haleluyah in Church and revival. I will like to watch not experience that type of thunderous slap.
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by MrOreo(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
lol, reminded me of my days of "sega " mortal kombat ........
really ?!! Nice.....
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by lapaix4real: 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
In fact if he or she is taller than I am,I will jump and slap back ,make sure he or she goes home naked that day.nonsense
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
SenatorJames:
I thought we usually use thunderous to qualify Haleluyah in Church and revival. I will like to watch not experience that type of thunderous slap.
Dude...... Experience is the best teacher

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Start Your Company With N10,000 Or More And Earn 5 Figure Earning Monthly / Meet Adebola Rebecca, GIGL’s First Female Captain (photos) / A Doctor Reveals The Only Thing That Truly Separates Doctors From Nurses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.