Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Abortion Is Killing- Y/N? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abortion Is Killing- Y/N? (369 Views)

Four Months After Abortion No Menstruation / I Did An Abortion , Please Help / Fake Doctor Arrested In Oyo Over Life Threatening Abortion (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion Is Killing- Y/N? by Topman0001(m): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
An argument broke out between me and my friend who is a medical doctor. I told him that abortion is as criminal as killing but he proved that it is even a birth control method, though a cruel way of family planing. He said when a pregnant woman is very ill and the tests proved that her chances of living is narrow, he said abortion is rather performed than letting the mother die... I almost conceded to his points but i will like to hear from your own point of view.
Re: Abortion Is Killing- Y/N? by orogodoganyin(m): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
is euthanasia killing or not?
Re: Abortion Is Killing- Y/N? by ChelseaDr(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
Abortion is the same as miscarriage (in a leyman's parlance). When health workers talk among themselves they call it abortion but when non-medical people hear of abortion their minds go to a criminal intent at terminating pregnancy.

In Nigeria today, abortion is illegal, but with a provisio.... EXCEPT where the life of the woman is at stake. That may be what the doctor friend was trying to explain to you. In otherwords abortion in Nigeria today is only for therapeutic reasons...any other thing is criminal and both parties involved are liable

1 Like

Re: Abortion Is Killing- Y/N? by Topman0001(m): 12:16am On Jul 13, 2015
Hmmmm! I'm realy leaning from Doctors.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Set Goals That Are Impossible To Reach. / [see Photos] Daily Habits To Avoid To Lose Belly And Get Abs / Auscultation Of Heart Sounds.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.