Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. (5134 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Post all information you know about studying in Ireland. From what I hear the standard of education in Ireland and Northern Ireland is as good as it is in UK and other western countries, plus it is not as expensive as studying in UK. I don't think obtaining their study visa is as difficult as UK study visa, and life is cheaper and more opportunity for work. I will be doing a bit of research on this. Join me and post what you know about studying and working in Ireland. I promise I will be learning and becoming a pro on this issue. Ask any questions or post your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by stanlomite: 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
i also need the info as you.....who will help us
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
Favor, i will be happy if u can help get cost of studying medicine and other necessary info
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Akinwunm1:
Favor, i will be happy if u can help get cost of studying medicine and other necessary info

I will be looking out for this, I will let you know as soon as I find some reliable information.
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by dustydee: 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pidggin:
Post all information you know about studying in Ireland. From what I hear the standard of education in Ireland and Northern Ireland is as good as it is in UK and other western countries, plus it is not as expensive as studying in UK. I don't think obtaining their study visa is as difficult as UK study visa, and life is cheaper and more opportunity for work. I will be doing a bit of research on this. Join me and post what you know about studying and working in Ireland. I promise I will be learning and becoming a pro on this issue. Ask any questions or post your thoughts.
Is Northern Ireland no longer part of the UK? undecided
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
This is what I found online "Ireland, a large Island in north-west Europe, has been offering University and college education since the 16th century. The country renown for it's kind and welcoming population alongside it's emerald green landscape has a world-class education provision, often overlooked when considering studying abroad.

With 9 Universities and many reputable colleges, the country will undoubtedly have a course to interest you at either postgraduate or undergraduate level.

Scholarships and fellowships are available from the Irish government but the availabity of these varies depending on what country you come from and what course you are planning to study. Some institutions also offer scholarships directly, but these are limited and highly competitive.

Ireland has 9 universities in total with 7 in the Republic of Ireland and 2 in Northern Ireland.

Across all of these institutions, you will find a range of degrees similar to those in other popular study abroad destinations, including Bachelors, Masters and PhDs/doctorate. Ireland has been increasingly popular with the international research communities as the Irish government have invested significant funds into research and development in recent years.

The oldest University in Ireland is the Trinity college Dublin which was founded in 1592. The largest university is University college Dublin which has over 20,000 students across it's 35 schools.

Ireland currency is the Euro, however because Northern Ireland which has two important universities is a member country of the U.K the currency there is pounds sterling.

The tuition fees for non-EU students vary widely from institution to institution and course to course.

Living cost has been estimated at about 7,500 per year for food, travel, textbooks, insurance, socializing and accomodation. The amount varies depending on where you live and the course you will be studying. Each institution has an accomodation officer who can provide more information for you.

For student visa you must have:

- A letter of acceptance from your chosen institutiom

- You must have proof that the tuition fees have been paid to the institution(in full if below 6,000 Euros)

- You have access to over €3,000 in addition to your tuition fees

- You have private medical insurance, this can be arranged through a group scheme with your institution or individually"

Hope this information has helped someone, I will keep adding more. Please post anything you know about studying in Ireland.

1 Like

Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
dustydee:
Is Northern Ireland no longer part of the UK? undecided
I think it is in Irish territory but is a UK member country.
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hello friends, here is what hours of research has led me to: Indicative price per course per annum based on the accreditation level for college courses

Level 6 : 5,500 euros to 6,950 euros on courses and college chosen (Diploma/certificate level)

Level 7 : 6,500 euros to 8,900 euros depending on course and college chosen(pass degree level)

Level 8 : 8,500 euros to 9,000 euros depending on course and college chosen(Honors degree level)

Level 9 : 10,000 euros to 12,500 euros depending on course and college chosen(post graduate)
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Akinwunm1:
This is the information I have gotten so far: Queen in Northern Ireland(£33,000), UCC/UCD (33,000euros), RCSI (49,000 euros).
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by muhammedbilal(m): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
Following
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
I hope to do my masters in my dream country which is Ireland (Amen). I contacted my friend who has been living there for years and he says he can help with admission if anybody is interested. As for me, I don't have enough funds for now, but I am working towards it. Maybe in a few years from now, I will be posting from Ireland(Amen!)

For people who have the funds and want to process their admission, nobody will ask you to pay 1kobo for helping, if I do please report to the mods. All enquiries should be posted here, I will not give my email unless when all discussions have been done here first. I believe that if your dream comes true, my own too will come true(Amen)

2 Likes

Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
Is it for a year or for the entire program
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by muhammedbilal(m): 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
Pidggin:
I hope to do my masters in my dream country which is Ireland (Amen). I contacted my friend who has been living there for years and he says he can help with admission if anybody is interested. As for me, I don't have enough funds for now, but I am working towards it. Maybe in a few years from now, I will be posting from Ireland(Amen!)

For people who have the funds and want to process their admission, nobody will ask you to pay 1kobo for helping, if I do please report to the mods. All enquiries should be posted here, I will not give my email unless when all discussions have been done here first. I believe that if your dream comes true, my own too will come true(Amen)

pls am still waiting from a mail from you
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
muhammedbilal:
pls drop your number here and let's chat privately on whatsapp or send me your number on my gmail if you don't want to drop it here....... thanks in advance

Muhammed I have your email remove it asap, you don't know who is reading this. Like I said I will not ask you for payment to help you, so if anyone contacts you via your email claiming to be me and asking you to pay him or her for helping you please end contact with the person.
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
Double post
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by muhammedbilal(m): 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ok thanks and you are welcome
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
You can post your questions here for now.
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
Akinwunm1:
Is it for a year or for the entire program

Yes it is for a year, but there is opportunity to study and work unlike UK
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Average cost of wages while working, is feeding and accomodation included in fee
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Pidggin(f): 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
Akinwunm1:
Average cost of wages while working, is feeding and accomodation included in fee

Hi Akinwum1, this will depend on the kind of job you get. This is an update I got from a website:
"Students from EEA are free to take up employment in Ireland while studying"

For non-EEA- "Students attending a full-time course of at least one academic year are entitled to take up casual employment provided that the course of study is included in the government international register(the list is presently being worked on). Casual employment is defined as up to 20hrs part-time work per week during standard term-times with the ability to work full-time (up to 40hrs per week) for specified periods during the traditional summer and winter holiday"
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by Mcowubaba: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
Pidggin:

Hi Akinwum1, this will depend on the kind of job you get. This is an update I got from a website:

For non-EEA- "Students attending a full-time course of at least one academic year are entitled to take up casual employment provided that the course of study is included in the government international register(the list is presently being worked on). Casual employment is defined as up to 20hrs part-time work per week during standard term-times with the ability to work full-time (up to 40hrs per week) for specified periods during the traditional summer and winter holiday"
Do you have idea about their immigration policy for non Eu students .
After a 1 year masters degree in Ireland can someone decide to stay back and work
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by fashmann(m): 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2017
Pidggin:

weldone bro..wanna ask if physiotherapy is available there and if there are scholarships to study at ireland...
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by iyke03: 9:21am On Apr 21, 2017
Pidggin:

What's the details required
Re: Republic Of Ireland And Northern Ireland Study Enquiries. by debris: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
Pidggin:
You can post your questions here for now.

what course can you advise someone to go for graduate studies in medicals there that are in high demand there.

(1) (Reply)

Who has been to France, precisely Paris? / Student Life In Lithuania or slovakia / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Enugu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.