Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students (2780 Views)

JAMB Applicants In Maiduguri Struggling To Buy JAMB Forms In The Night (Pics) / Difference Between ‘in the night’ and ‘at night’ / See What Two Lazy Students Placed On An Ad Website!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
This is a period for exam in most most schools ( both tertiary and secondary), in my school exam starts tomorrow..

Seeing the rush everywhere, how students are hustling to read for their exam tomorrow, i remembered this poem for lazy student, i'm not saying they are all lazy (me sef lazy) , i just want to share the poem....here it goes

The night
The night before the examination
The student study after relaxation
The face washed to remove perspiration
The music off to avoid distraction.

Set for action, so roomate evicted
Feeling tight so belt loosened
palms wet so hand towelled
Shoes off, so feet flatened.

A deep breath, for the first time book opened,
The 209 pages of the book spotlessly printed
At 20 pages an hour, 3 mins per pages
Just move to the mind, what is on the page.

Now page 2, paragraph 1, chapter 1
what have i been reading
Starting all over, with more concentration
5 hours later, 179 pages left, but half of time gone.

Eyes very hot, headache and pain
Phinge onward, dont learn everything
Get the essentials, to gain time
Time for break relax for some time.

Next morning, enter exam hall
See question, mind goes blank
Pen in mouth, not on paper
Total failure, shame and regret.....

A good definition for la cram, la pour, la forget crew. Funny enough the poem describes most of us students but i pray and decree unto thee grin , this will not be your portion (amen)

Read hard...success is yours, goodluck.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by Kingswhite2001: 12:00am On Jul 13, 2015
Nice poem, but all still boils down to Nigeria system of lecturing/teaching. Lacram lapor, laforget. May God help us.
Re: The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by b3llo(m): 12:00am On Jul 13, 2015
LA cram, La pour, La forget. It's part of the Nigerian student, the lecturers are not even helping matters.
Re: The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 13, 2015
Kingswhite2001:
Nice poem, but all still boils down to Nigeria system of lecturing/teaching. Lacram lapor, laforget. May God help us.

Exactly, the lecturers are not helping matters at all, sometimes you see them releasing a handout of 200 pages a week to exam...

[quote author=b3llo post=35795684][/quote]

Sleep dey catch you...go to bed o grin
Re: The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by b3llo(m): 12:22am On Jul 13, 2015
khachee:

Sleep dey catch you...go to bed o grin

Am wide awake
Re: The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 13, 2015
undecided
Re: The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by boboLIL(m): 12:46am On Jul 13, 2015
Hahaha......nawa 0h..... I was a victim tho.....buh I scaled through cos I av retentive 'memories'
Re: The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2015
boboLIL:
Hahaha......nawa 0h..... I was a victim tho.....buh I scaled through cos I av retentive 'memories'
lucky you smiley
Re: The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:55am On Jul 13, 2015
lol..we all been thru dis awkward moment
Re: The Night - A Poem For Lazy Students by tonnieblaise(m): 8:35am On Jul 14, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
lol..we all been thru dis awkward moment
so true but not all

That awkward moment when the ceiling becomes your friend. Looking up to it always as if the answer is there

(1) (Reply)

Project Topics In Education / Industrial Microbiology vs Environmental Microbiology Which Is Better? / 2018/2019 UNN UTME/ Direct Entry Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.