Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Blue Notes From Lagos City - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blue Notes From Lagos City (1219 Views)

Free E-books, Novels, Magazine, Notes Etc / Notes From Lagos City 2 / Get A Free Copy Of Anthony Robbins' "notes From A Friend" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blue Notes From Lagos City by Orikinla(m): 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2009
Work has become very challenging and even success can come with stress as I have discovered working for Supple magazine in Lagos. We have been working all days, including on Sundays since the beginning of this year 2009.
The third issue of Supple magazine is going to be worth celebrating for many reasons. Three members of Nairaland Forum who responded to our open invitation for contributors have been published and one of them is a very brilliant young woman whose two articles were irresistible and the humorous title of one of her articles is even making the cover of this special international edition of Supple magazine. Supple magazine was the only Nigerian news media accredited at the 30th Festival of 3 Continents in Nantes, France, and for the 81st Academy Awards in the U.S. and we are organizing the First Supple Magazine Forum on Nollywood and the Cannes Film Festival before going for Cannes in May.

I am also busy writing and preparing three unpublished volumes of my writings for publication. The most important volume is my book on the presidential campaign, nomination and election of Barack Obama as the first Black President of the United States of America. The book is in the good and safe hands of my American Editor Pamela and I have appointed the Publisher of Supple magazine as my manager in Nigeria and abroad.

I have not been with my Sweetest since last August and I am missing her. I appreciate theĀ  company of Linda Ikeji, the beautiful model and Publisher of the FM&B magazine, Funke, Vicky Charmy, Christabel Momodu and other beautiesĀ  who have been making my life in Lagos exciting. Christabel is one of the hottest models in Nigeria today and you can see her in the latest edition of True Love magazine. See her on the motor bike in the photograph I have attached to this post below.

Then yesterday, I was heart broken by the predicament of a 13 year old house girl who was lured away Friday night and raped till day break. She could not even tell the location of the man who abducted her and raped her in the suburb of Shomolu in Lagos, Nigeria.
The girl is from Togo where many housemaids hired by Nigerian families come from.
Many young girls and women are abused and raped daily in Nigeria and the rapists often escape from prosecution. This is the subject of the new novel of Bisi Daniels, The Girl From Nigeria.

Re: Blue Notes From Lagos City by sugabelle: 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2009
that's one hot chic (in ds pic)^^^. So how do we get a copy of this great mag, it sounds so good the way u described, i must confess i'm salivating. To give us an idea, what mag would u liken urself to, Genevieve, True Love, Hints, City People or what? Just want to understand ur genre. Peace!
Re: Blue Notes From Lagos City by nanaboi(m): 4:31pm On Mar 10, 2009
Kudos to Supple Magazine. I remember seeing the open invitation. Is it closed now? If it isn't, well, I'll be glad to send in a contribution, and see how it goes.
Cutie - the pic.
Re: Blue Notes From Lagos City by Orikinla(m): 9:46am On Mar 12, 2009
nanaboi:

Kudos to Supple Magazine. I remember seeing the open invitation. Is it closed now? If it isn't, well, I'll be glad to send in a contribution, and see how it goes.
Cutie - the pic.

Nanaboi,
The open invitation is still open! You welcome to contribute and all accepted articles and features get paid for

sugabelle:

that's one hot chic (in ds pic)^^^. So how do we get a copy of this great mag, it sounds so good the way u described, i must confess i'm salivating. To give us an idea, what mag would u liken urself to, Genevieve, True Love, Hints, City People or what? Just want to understand ur genre. Peace!

Supple magazine is available at Glendora Bookshops, University of Lagos Bookshops, and in 18 states in Nigeria. Just ask any vendor.
Re: Blue Notes From Lagos City by nanaboi(m): 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
Cool. It's refreshing to know that I can still try. Please, could you narrow my search down a little bit by sending me the contact to direct my contribution to? Thanks a lot.
Re: Blue Notes From Lagos City by Orikinla(m): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2009
nanaboi:

Cool. It's refreshing to know that I can still try. Please, could you narrow my search down a little bit by sending me the contact to direct my contribution to? Thanks a lot.

Send to supplemagazine@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Blue Notes From Lagos City by Orikinla(m): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2009
My precious cell phone was stolen yesterday and I am afraid that the thief must be someone who knows me very well.

The most shocking of what I have been seeing in Lagos is the case of the 13 year old housegirl that was raped.
Her master and mistress have allowed the rapist to go without even reporting him to the police. They said the man, 22, told them their Togolese housegirl harassed him for sex and he obliged by taking her to the safe place where he had sex with her.
To them, she was not raped!

They forget that having sex with anyone who has not reached the age of consent is RAPE and having sex with anyone without the consent of the person is RAPE and they forget that RAPE is the worse form of violence against women.

"Thank God she is not pregnant," the mistress said.
"But did you test her for HIV?" I asked, still shocked by their foolish and stupid reaction to the rape of their 13 year old housegirl!
The mistress shook her head.
Lord have mercy.
Re: Blue Notes From Lagos City by nwadinma(f): 4:27am On Mar 15, 2009
let us know the genre of your magazine please
Re: Blue Notes From Lagos City by nanaboi(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2009
It's krayzie out here. What sort of lady talks like that about a human being?

I just cant help but wish her same fate - No, not that her innocent daughter gets raped. No! I wish she herself gets raped, no matter how old she is. These dogs that do these things these days don't care much about age.
Re: Blue Notes From Lagos City by SeanT21(f): 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2009
what kind of contribution do U need?

(1) (Reply)

Women Empowerment Must Read / Akamu / Is It Possible To Write 2 Novels @ The Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.